Now that I know how to prepare my altar, my only question is that since I don't have access to a Temple or a Priest, how will I find out the proper chants or sutras for my chosen Gods? Anyone have any ideas? As always, thanks in advance my friends. :)

IMO, this is where you stop asking questions and figure out how to bless your alter. Find someone to do it. Or less: Don't do it.

End game times. Good luck.

• Like 1

So how goes the efforts? Wish I could see your pics but I dont do facebook. Do you have it set up yet? What scent incense are you going to use?

• Like 1

Hi rene! Thanks for asking how it's going. It goes well. I just had the Three Star figures delivered today, still waiting for the incense burner, incense, 2 bud vases, 2 candles, 3 offering bowls and God of Wealth Tsai Shen Yeh Sitting on Tiger Statue Figurine. I had to order them through Amazon since I don't have a car and it's easy and cheaper than most stores anyway. Since I'm not experienced with incense I decided to first try Sandal Wood. Hopefully it will be nice, if not I'll try something else.

Sorry about the picture problem. I tried other ways of linking, but Tao Bums would give me a message that the type of link that I was using was wrong. Oh well, I'll try and figure out another way so you can see the items. They really look great. Anyway, thanks again for asking for an update. I'll talk to you soon. :)

Bud Vases: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006UFZQ8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

God of Wealth: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RZPHAA/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Three Stars figurines: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007API5PK/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brass Fu Temple Dog Incense Burner: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1CR28A/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These links appear to work. Let me know what you think. The candles, bowls and incense aren't anything really special to see.

Edited by newTaoist

41Ox2z4MtIL._SY450_.jpgGod of Wealth

41xALfqKOYL.jpgThe Three Stars

21I3rEIQXaL._SL500_AA300_.jpgBrass Fu Temple Dog Incense Burner

Edited by newTaoist

When you're ready to post something...if you click on the 'More Reply Options' button, next to the 'Post' button - it will give you a preview, and below the preview is your post that you can edit if need be.

Hey - the links up there worked fine - I like what you picked and really like the incense burner! Nice choices.

(-:

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

When you're ready to post something...if you click on the 'More Reply Options' button, next to the 'Post' button - it will give you a preview, and below the preview is your post that you can edit if need be. (-:

Thanks rene, it worked! See the pics in my post above.

Nice going! I'm excited to see the final altar set up and arranged, if you don't mind sharing a photo :)

Edited by Reed
  • Like 1

Nice going! I'm excited to see the final altar set up and arranged, if you don't mind sharing a photo :)

Once I receive everything and set it up of course I'll share a photo. It's so nice to have my Tao Bums friends supporting my efforts :)

woohoo! and when Tsai Shen Yeh makes you rich, feel free to spread some of that wealth to the people who helped you with the altar :P

Edited by Reed
  • Like 1

woohoo! and when Tsai Shen Yeh makes you rich, feel free to spread some of that wealth to the people who helped you with the altar :P

Of course, how could I forget all of my friends. :D

• Like 1

Well, I received all the emails from Amazon that everything is being shipped, so I should get my altar 'things' within 2 weeks, hopefully sooner. Once again, thanks everyone for your support. I really mean it :).

Here are pics of the more mundane altar items:

41c5fCN4i1L._SY100_.jpgDecided on an electric candles.

31iMBKnQBcL._SY100_.jpgWanted a nicer choice, but they were too expensive.

11n7W384hGL._SY100_.jpgThought I'd try these instead of typical flowers.

31Y%2BijKm2tL._SX100_.jpgThe Sandalwood Incense

Edited by newTaoist

Here is a picture of my almost complete altar. Let me know what you think. :)971510_540684349311173_288381880_n.jpg

Edited by newTaoist
  • Like 1

My take. The display objects should not be taller or bigger than the deities.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

set up an altar in your heart

meditate

learn a moving practice

Yeah, the heart is the temple. It is ever present with you regardless of what sits outside of you or in front of you.

Here is a picture of my almost complete altar. Let me know what you think. :)971510_540684349311173_288381880_n.jpg

Niice (-:

Have you decided when and how you will consecrate it? Actually, that might be too private a question as doing so is intimately personal.

May it surround you always with good blessings.bowingw2.gif

warm regards

• Like 1

rene, I truthfully don't know. There are no priests or temples anywhere near me and I have no idea how to do it. I guess I'll just have to do what comes naturally. I don't know what else to do :(.

Is there a specific order or arrangement that the statues are supposed to be in? Something feels a little "off", if that makes any sense. Perhaps ask each one who goes first, second and so forth? Also since you bought them on amazon.com, did you purify each one, then bless and consecrate (incense them each at the very least) before placing them on the altar?

• Like 1

Bagua, I changed the positions which is better. I didn't incense them because I didn't know. I'll do that next. Thanks and if you have any other ideas please let me know.

Edited by newTaoist