Birch

Analyse a dream

So it seems that lately I've been pretty active in the occult scene in my dreams. Latest, I dreamt I broke two curses that different people had placed on me. The dream narrator also told me I'd been through the kundalini twice. There were a bunch of symbolic objects, a heavily underlined book that looked like a paperback 'how to' of curse breaking which I'd definitely buy if I could recall the title :-) and the realization that my mother is actually a real witch.

She was one of the people who had placed a curse. The big curse. The other person had just put a little one on me and they know who they are (apparently) and not to do it again or I'll use a bunch of mirrors on them:-)

I also dreamt I'd left my luggage in a different city, but that part I get.

Anyone want to take a stab at analysis?

• Like 1

You feel you are overcoming a legacy from your mom.

Thats my guess

but really you shoul be the best decider of meaning

since you have the most distinct understnding of your own symbolism

Thanks Stosh.

I find the below somewhat debateable however.

"since you have the most distinct understnding of your own symbolism"

Thanks Stosh.

I find the below somewhat debateable however.

"since you have the most distinct understnding of your own symbolism"

Freud says that we obscure from ourseves that which we find unpalatable

so you and he may be in agreement... then again ,if its Not an unpleasant thinigie indicated

you wouldnt have any reason to obscure it from yourself.

Ive had dreams where I couldnt find a toilet , I woke up to realize that I needed to use one

I dont consider that very deep confused symbolism.

Edited by Stosh

It sounds to me as if you are healing yourself well ('broke 2 curses ') ,with that getting stronger and gaining deeper life interrelated/methaphysical insights (book about breaking the curses as well as seeing the mum as a witch ).

In general being able to deal with something or being able to deal with it much better or a sort of realisation of something/understanding .

Just thought I give it a go for fun as I love dreamwork ...

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 3

I am not sure I can help but just want to point out that with normal individuals, dreams are very, very symbolic. If you have certain high degree of cultivation as well as psychic ability, dreams can be both symbolic and per-cognitive. Unfortunately, it is very hard to distinguish them. I say start by the "feeling" you get from your dreams first and to work from there.

• Like 2

I am not sure I can help but just want to point out that with normal individuals, dreams are very, very symbolic. If you have certain high degree of cultivation as well as psychic ability, dreams can be both symbolic and per-cognitive. Unfortunately, it is very hard to distinguish them. I say start by the "feeling" you get from your dreams first and to work from there.

Isn't our "real" life very, very symbolic as well?

I did lucid dream for a while. I abused my ability there. I hope the dreamland will give me another chance soon.

I can't resist so here goes.

All parents are witches of a sort and, for the most part unknowingly, curse their children. It's just the nature of having kids when you're not yourself a fully conscious, realized human being. All the unworked through issues and unconscious complexes of the parents inevitably and automatically get dumped in the lap of the unsuspecting offspring. You can call it family baggage, but it's really a curse-- the "big curse" as you say. Other people who come along later in life also have the ability to curse us (usually by bringing up the issues implicated in the original parental curse) but their treachery is not nearly so potent and, as you point out, is more easily dealt with.

A big part of reclaiming our real identity and healing ourselves is breaking the family curse. We learn that we don't have to be like our parents. We learn that we don't have to be different from our parents either. We are the way we are because it's how we choose to be as free people, not as slaves to inherited family drama. That's breaking the curse, and it's one of the most important tasks of adulthood. Your dream indicates you know how to do this. You have in your possession a heavily-underlined how-to book as well as other symbolic objects to help you now. Objects you've gathered as an adult that you didn't have as a child.

Equally important, you've gone through a kundalini experience--twice. To me this indicates a greater integration and consciousness of the energy. Maybe the first time it was just something that happened to you. The second time around you've brought more of yourself to the experience. You've suceeded in integrating it further into your being, to the extent that you can now use the energy (like a witch yourself?) to break curses big and small.

As you say, opinion alert and all that.

• Like 3

So it seems that lately I've been pretty active in the occult scene in my dreams. Latest, I dreamt I broke two curses that different people had placed on me. The dream narrator also told me I'd been through the kundalini twice. There were a bunch of symbolic objects, a heavily underlined book that looked like a paperback 'how to' of curse breaking which I'd definitely buy if I could recall the title :-) and the realization that my mother is actually a real witch.

She was one of the people who had placed a curse. The big curse. The other person had just put a little one on me and they know who they are (apparently) and not to do it again or I'll use a bunch of mirrors on them:-)

I had a similar dream once. It was during a particularly difficult time in my life and in the dream I was given a mantra using which I made a particular type of 'dakini' (what seemed like a malefic spirit - there were 8 of them) disappear. Chant the mantra and focus its energy through the sword fingers at these entities and they disappeared in a puff of smoke.

It felt like a 'curse' was lifted and I interpret it as myself making deep-rooted guilt, fear (inner demons) disappear.

Makes sense?

• Like 1

There's many ways to read dreams -- they've always been considered important (or rather have always been divided into important and unimportant ones) by original cultures, and some have come up with elaborate classifications. Taoism, in particular. There were taoist researchers and theorists of dreaming since antiquity. One way they classified dreams was into passive (the more prevalent variety) and active (which is a cultivated skill), symbolic and direct, and ordinary and extraordinary. (There's quite a few more categories and subdivisions, and way more than in taoism, in hinduism.)

Extraordinary dreams were always regarded as meaningful and analyzed from several perspectives. The context of the dream itself, the mental and emotional state of the dreamer were one part of the reading; the outer conditions were another -- astrological antics of the stars, the moon phase, qi phases of the day/night (Wuxing), any synchronistic events, it could get pretty involved. They say that interpreting an I Ching reading is a bit like interpreting a dream -- well, the opposite is also true, a dream is sometimes a divinational tool that elucidates the past, the present, and/or the future, guides, warns, promises, sets a task -- you may want to spend some time with its images and everything else I mentioned above for the meaning (often with more dimensions to it than one) to crystallize out of the fog.

When I get an extraordinary dream, it sometimes takes years for all its implications to play themselves out, and for some there's a distinct sense that they're still unfinished business. But then, you are the judge of how extraordinary this dream is for you. Some people have complex, involved, convoluted dreams every night but they are not extraordinary for them, they are business as usual and reflect the state of their unconscious, pointing it out with persistence till something is done about it. Others don't get any dreams if there's nothing their unconscious needs to point out to them because they already know it all and have done what could be done to date about it. I, e.g., am not prone to passive ordinary dreams, and usually only dream if/when there's something I need and CAN do about something.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

All parents are witches of a sort and, for the most part unknowingly, curse their children. It's just the nature of having kids when you're not yourself a fully conscious, realized human being. All the unworked through issues and unconscious complexes of the parents inevitably and automatically get dumped in the lap of the unsuspecting offspring.

Very ture. It's in the DNA that we get from our parents and their parents..... It's not their fault either. We have to forgive and help them.

Every curse is a blessing and v.s.

• Like 1

Some common dream meanings for what you've described are as follows-

Curses- A belief that someone has harmful intentions towards you.

Lifting a Curse- That you've been able to overcome these perceived intentions.

Books- Depending on the type of book, it can mean anything, but normally a desire to know more about the topic, or in the case of this dream a belief that you have a thorough understanding of the topic and already have knowledge of how to deal with it.

A general interpretation of this dream is that you feel that your mother and friend intentionally tried to harm you, and that you have been able to overcome that harm (you were cursed after all). You believe that you know the methods they used and are capable of cursing them by returning the curse to them, which indicates a possible desire to harm those that have harmed you, and as a result you may need to work through this more, since it is occupying time in your subconscious.

Some things I might suggest you examine, how do you feel about the people involved in this dream? What in your life recently has caused you to dream about this now? Have you worked through your feelings, or is there still lingering pain and resentment? The fact you had this dream seems to me to indicate you are ready to deal with this issue, but ultimately it's up to you to deal with it.

By the way, I would bet the Narrator is your prime consciousness, the part of us that everyone has that is aware of what's happening on a conscious and subconscious level. Keep in mind that the prime conscious isn't always right, rather it is making its judgments based on what it knows. You obviously feel you have achieved the state of kundalini, but what does achieving that state mean to you and why is twice so important?

I hope that helps. I will not be responding to any comments regarding my post here. However if you wish to contact me by email, I'd be happy to discuss it on a one on one basis. (Note that doesn't include the forum personal messaging service.)

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Thanks for all the great posts so far. Finding this really interesting.

There was a bit of both. But I'm not a particularly high-level cultivator,

I LOVED Liminal Luke's and Taomeow's posts. Curious about where these dream categories might be to be found today.

I can't resist so here goes.

All parents are witches of a sort and, for the most part unknowingly, curse their children. It's just the nature of having kids when you're not yourself a fully conscious, realized human being. All the unworked through issues and unconscious complexes of the parents inevitably and automatically get dumped in the lap of the unsuspecting offspring. You can call it family baggage, but it's really a curse-- the "big curse" as you say. Other people who come along later in life also have the ability to curse us (usually by bringing up the issues implicated in the original parental curse) but their treachery is not nearly so potent and, as you point out, is more easily dealt with.

A big part of reclaiming our real identity and healing ourselves is breaking the family curse. We learn that we don't have to be like our parents. We learn that we don't have to be different from our parents either. We are the way we are because it's how we choose to be as free people, not as slaves to inherited family drama. That's breaking the curse, and it's one of the most important tasks of adulthood. Your dream indicates you know how to do this. You have in your possession a heavily-underlined how-to book as well as other symbolic objects to help you now. Objects you've gathered as an adult that you didn't have as a child.

Equally important, you've gone through a kundalini experience--twice. To me this indicates a greater integration and consciousness of the energy. Maybe the first time it was just something that happened to you. The second time around you've brought more of yourself to the experience. You've suceeded in integrating it further into your being, to the extent that you can now use the energy (like a witch yourself?) to break curses big and small.

As you say, opinion alert and all that.

What they said..

I can't wait to have this dream for myself! lolz!

A lot of women usually are witches, go figure. I remember when my third eye was more active and I was some what of a practicing ascetic. I remember seeing the hands of a woman/witch with black finger nails as well as blue and red finger nails some times when I closed my eyes. It seems I was seeing the subtle body of other people and their 'gifts' or 'powers'. Strange stuff. Most of the time it seemed the hand was used to manipulate a situation to said person's liking. :glare:

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

Hi K,

Could you elaborate? You have a person who narrated your dream, what did they sound like?

Is your mother an evil witch?

My gut says its your subconscious way of resolving the issues with your mum and the way she treated you in the past. Either that, or youve given her too much power for issues in your life that you yourself want to resolve/ need to resolve in order to grow.

Sounds to me like the higher part of you realized an appendage put on you by someone else, which is just that -- an appendage. Your higher self was closer and clearer, resulting in you realizing what's you and what's accessories and even the direction from which they arrived.

Commentary: We all have these things, and our fears and weaknesses can put them other people as well. It's important not to be angry with parents for putting them on us, as they are just as human as anyone else, in reality, and our proximity to them from before we even take our first breath of earthly oxygene means that they are our sources of these things, primarily, and our "job" of maturity is growing out of them.

• Like 1

More interesting posts!

I don't wish to speak about the people involved in any detail. I'm relying on the dream itself for insight.

What's an 'appendage'?

Lemon, the narrator was just a voiceover, like in a documentary. Nothing particular about it

More interesting posts!

I don't wish to speak about the people involved in any detail. I'm relying on the dream itself for insight.

What's an 'appendage'?

"Something added or attached to an entity of greater importance or size; an adjunct."

"Something added or attached to an entity of greater importance or size; an adjunct."

Reckon I should pay 12K to get it removed;-) haha.

---joking---

• Like 1

I can get that, but why would a dream (this is during more 'unconscious' sleeping moments) be about something I have understood already during 'waking' (and could be assumed) 'consciousness'.

Not to get all Occam's razor but to get Occam's razor, why? If I've already got it. Why bother with the dream?

I'm not trying to be silly. Just trying to understand.

Thought I'd add a few more thoughts....

First off, the book. You tell us that it's a paperback and heavily under-lined, two pretty telling details that indicate this is a book that has actually been read. Someone (you I'm thinking) has taken the time to absorb what it has to teach. This might seem obvious but so often people buy books for other reasons than to actually process the information in them. I'll admit to having bought books because having them fit my self-image of the person I wanted to be. Or because I thought other people would think good things about me (look how smart he is!) when they saw the book on my shelf. But books bought for pretentious reasons are more likely to be hardback and certainly not underlined. Your book is a well used one.

About using mirrors to break curses. Many curses are basically projections, psychologically speaking. Someone doesn't like something about themselves so instead of owning it they claim it was yours all along. If you agree and say yes that's mine, you've effectively been cursed. But if you say "hey wait a minute, look in the mirror," and then hold it up for them so they can see themselves, well, that's using a mirror to break the curse.

On realizing your mom is a real witch. I think this is half the battle. So many times we make excuses for childhood mistreatment. Abused children (and I'm not saying this was you necessarily) often don't recognize themselves as abused. They minimize what happened to them, think it was normal, disassociate so they don't feel or even remember it, think they somehow deserved it. But given enough years and enough psychological work, eventually they can look the situation right in the eye and say: "hey wait a minute, no more sugarcoating this, my mom was (is) a real witch!" This realization by itself is powerfully curse breaking.

Edited by liminal_luke