Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

TaiChiZen -- mass marketing through corporate training blitz

http://www.examiner.com/article/taijifit-and-taijizen-march-together-to-popularize-tai-chi-worldwide

Looks pretty awesome. I remember reading on Taobums how Jet Li went to go train with that master featured on the Bill Moyers qigong special -- the Fa Jing dude tossing his students away without touching them. The master told Jet Li he would have to first show up every morning for three years before he received personal training. Jet Li then split after getting that news.

Anyway -- how about that new Keanu Reeves Tai Chi movie? Should be interesting.

David-Dorisan explains that TaijiFit™ is a special kind of movement experience that meets all your fitness needs. It is a simplified Tai Chi regimen. It is a system of self-defense, a movingmeditation, a shield against disease and a beautiful, groovy, hip and sensual dance! He has been hosting instructors certificate training sessions throughout the country.

To be honest and no disrespect to anyone but I'm not sure I could put enough distance between me and this corporate commercial enterprise to make me feel comfortable. I'm sure they'll make a lot of money.

• Like 1

It wud be strange if tai chi became like yoga has been -- I mean my mom goes to yoga and my sister has been going off and on - and anyway now my mom is promoting Spring Forest Qigong to everyone. She just had me print it out for the cleaning ladies. haha. My mom then handed out the medical studies of SFQ to her sorority friends when she met them for lunch. She's become this SFQ promoting machine -- it's awesome but still surprises me. But still it is definitely a miracle to see my mom like her old self again. Her voice is strong and normal like it was and her energy is strong like it was before.

hmmmm.

Yeah as far as mass marketing it's all about the lowest common demonimator. ummm. Also advertising is 100% tax deductible in the U.S. which means all those fancy ads are just tax deficits for social services which are made up by increasing wage taxes, etc. as has been the case.

Anyway part 3 is taking forever to upload to youtube. I had a good thing going last night. Not sure what happened.

We have a few of those Tai Chi / Kung Fu experts in the UK, that try to appeal to the Corporate types.

Guess they want huge numbers or loads of cash. :angry::(

I looked into a few, but when their own website proclaims a Tai Chi/Kung Fu Instructor as "Sensei" & he's wearing a Karate Gi, you gotta laugh. :P

:ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r:

Yet to see one mentioning a Sifu / Seen Zarm or similar, with the Instructor in a Chinese outfit, rather than a Japanese one ! :blink:

oooh, this poster is going straight up in the upstairs WC:-)

What does 'shmexy' mean?

O.k. I'll google it.

Wow -- I actually guessed an urban slang word spelling correctly!

That's pretty good for a hermit. haha.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shmexy

You can have Keanu and I get Winona. haha. you know who I'm talking about right?

She was named after a town I biked to -- along the river here in Minnesota. It means "princess" in Dakota.

Silly Westerners -- that's why I like Old School kungfu movies -- even by the late 70s the kungfu flicks where throwing in stupid dirty jokes that was totally against the traditional training mentality.

The old school movies are based on the traditional training mentality and so even the humor is better - well it depends. I mean Jackie Chan discusses this how he had to learn situational humor.

Like umm... well I won't get into it. But anyway it's all good. Just sit in full lotus and make the best of it.

o.k. the smart thing is to leverage that promo like I've seen Ip Man 1 and 2 but....

Karen Mok (So Close)

What's that? Martial arts - probably not....

Oh her!!! Yeah I saw her. Did I see that one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Close

Oh yeah I saw that -- great hot chick martial arts flick.

I love martial arts chicks because you don't mess with them. haha. Like I had my niece watching -- what's her name - the Malaysian beauty contest winner - and my sister complained about the violence. I'm like - yeah but it's a good role model for her to see females who can defend themselves and kick ass, etc.

Seriously. Instead of training females to just be good shoppers and complainers. haha.

I would actually watch that "So Close" again. ONce I'm done "uploading." haha.

Iko Uwais (Merantau, The Raid).

o.k. how about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merantau

hmmm. I've seen the name as a recommended movie but maybe I couldn't find it online for free....

Oh wait - yeah I did see this - another great one!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raid:_Redemption

O.K. finally -- I have not seen this! But - doubt I could find it online....

hmmmmm..... dang -- it took me alot of effort to track down all those "best of kungfu" movies I watched last winter. I went through long lists of them. Mainly old school but some new ones.

Can't remember -- most of them on youtube I guess but some on netflix.

I stopped doing the download b.s. since too many viruses on those "free download" scam sites .....

Raid Redemption gets rave reviews on netflix but is not streaming - gotta mail it out. Dang.

Gotta pay money on youtube to watch it. Dang....

Do I dare delve into the dungeon of the dreaded drivel?

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

O.k. I'll google it.

Wow -- I actually guessed an urban slang word spelling correctly!

That's pretty good for a hermit. haha.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shmexy

You can have Keanu and I get Winona. haha. you know who I'm talking about right?

She was named after a town I biked to -- along the river here in Minnesota. It means "princess" in Dakota.

Silly Westerners -- that's why I like Old School kungfu movies -- even by the late 70s the kungfu flicks where throwing in stupid dirty jokes that was totally against the traditional training mentality.

The old school movies are based on the traditional training mentality and so even the humor is better - well it depends. I mean Jackie Chan discusses this how he had to learn situational humor.

Like umm... well I won't get into it. But anyway it's all good. Just sit in full lotus and make the best of it.

o.k. the smart thing is to leverage that promo like I've seen Ip Man 1 and 2 but....

Karen Mok (So Close)

What's that? Martial arts - probably not....

Oh her!!! Yeah I saw her. Did I see that one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Close

Oh yeah I saw that -- great hot chick martial arts flick.

I love martial arts chicks because you don't mess with them. haha. Like I had my niece watching -- what's her name - the Malaysian beauty contest winner - and my sister complained about the violence. I'm like - yeah but it's a good role model for her to see females who can defend themselves and kick ass, etc.

Seriously. Instead of training females to just be good shoppers and complainers. haha.

I would actually watch that "So Close" again. ONce I'm done "uploading." haha.

Iko Uwais (Merantau, The Raid).

o.k. how about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merantau

hmmm. I've seen the name as a recommended movie but maybe I couldn't find it online for free....

Oh wait - yeah I did see this - another great one!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raid:_Redemption

O.K. finally -- I have not seen this! But - doubt I could find it online....

hmmmmm..... dang -- it took me alot of effort to track down all those "best of kungfu" movies I watched last winter. I went through long lists of them. Mainly old school but some new ones.

Can't remember -- most of them on youtube I guess but some on netflix.

I stopped doing the download b.s. since too many viruses on those "free download" scam sites .....

Raid Redemption gets rave reviews on netflix but is not streaming - gotta mail it out. Dang.

Gotta pay money on youtube to watch it. Dang....

Do I dare delve into the dungeon of the dreaded drivel?

I'd take Keanu in a second, haha;-)

Anyway, so it looks like we can't even say 'sexy' anymore without being super covert and ironic and lying about it. Which is why the 'schm' sound. Which, if you consider it, is an interesting sound and linguistic reference. Hum.

I don't reckon you need to be downloading bad software, but surely TTB's could help with some free to non-costly editing ideas? I'm not on Windaos.

I'd take Keanu in a second, haha;-)

Anyway, so it looks like we can't even say 'sexy' anymore without being super covert and ironic and lying about it. Which is why the 'schm' sound. Which, if you consider it, is an interesting sound and linguistic reference. Hum.

I don't reckon you need to be downloading bad software, but surely TTB's could help with some free to non-costly editing ideas? I'm not on Windaos.

I found it on 4shared. No download necessary. But there's ads. We'll see. Should be o.k.

yeah your commentary on schmexy -- reminds me when I ran into this activist friend on the bus and he invited me to dinner. So we got to this little hole in the wall Thai restaurant that's really good and I notice he's hitting on me. So I just call him on it - wait - you think this is a date? He gives me this sly look. I'm like -- dude -- hold on now. So I think I might have gone into full lotus at that point. The place was tiny - but I made some outing comments like whatever. So then he invites me to his apartment and I say fine and I sit in full lotus the whole time and I try to explain to him the internal female orgasm. Meanwhile he's staring at me and wanting to make his move on me - but since he's an activist he's gotta be P.c. about it. So he plays along and says he thinks he is having an internal orgasm. haha. It's possible he was since I was charging him up but I was also reeking like crap so I think I drank his wine to try to get me to smell better but alcohol is not a very good antiseptic. Then he pissed in the sink when I was using his bathroom - and he's like -- yeah whatever pissing in the sink. haha. Gross.

Anyway so that's my "schmexy" story.

So I plugged him for inside information on his life - single mom upbringing in low income environment -- non-white status. Anyway -- it was an interesting evening but the dude was still trying to suck me off no matter if he was a peace activist and anti-racist activist -- schmexy is still schmexy.

The whole progressive materialist scene just doesn't get it.

But the full lotus protected me.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this, except when you start producing teachers that are unskilled. I remember when my teacher told me that I could, "teach" if I wanted to. It was so casual, yet it was an important message, we don't have colored belts, we don't have gold laced certificates. My teacher giving me the go ahead meant that he felt my understanding and ability was to his satisfaction that I could pass on the art properly. Even to this day I still feel like I want to run things by him before I implement them.

This isn't terrible and honestly five to ten years ago it would have disgusted me, however, I realize now that if we are not more open with our arts they will simply fade away and be lost, as so much already has to be sure. Not everyone will attain mastery that is the case even inside of the master's group of students, but a few will. Besides those are just basic yang derived postures, that are a common as water in the sea.

Since I started this thread -- I'm going to try to keep things in perspective.

Like refined sugar - it it was banned that would probably be more effective than trying to teach everyone tai chi - but think about it refined sugar will never be banned or it would become some lucrative black market drug. Well I guess it already is when you consider it's still grown with basically slave labor in Florida, etc. propped up by huge tax corporate welfare subsidies....

Yeah I mean if Tai Chi was backed by the State - is that the case in China? I suppose it is on some level - but kept controlled. Like Yan Xin is a "national treasure" of China. I wondered if that is why Chunyi Lin does not mention his name as being his first master - who did the mass healings before the government cracked down on it.

Amazing how people are so clueless -- like hey Keanu -- I know a dude who can see 4-D -- that's right: He can see front, back, left and right at the same time. I mean it just blows the whole thing out of the water.

Sure a lot of these movies now have supernatural effects but they're always way over-the-top without any connection to actual training skills.

Then you get all these TCM teachers like acupunturists and Tai Chi teachers who insist any paranormal powers need to first be proven in repeatable experiments with Western controls, yadda yadda -- such that the standards are never good enough for their worldview which apparently is not really based on traditional Chinese philosophy. haha.

It reminds me of the dude who started Shaolin - he chopped his arm off to demonstrate he was serious about training.

I mean the crazy power deal -- like Jesus killing himself to become God or whatever.

Like -- o.k. like Jet Li in his Tai Chi movie - the only way he learns real Tai Chi is by first going totally bonkers - like he was a normal materialist martial arts fighter and then he goes bonkers and recovers in some remote village where everyone is laid back, living by the ways of Nature, taking breaks to watch the Sun - absorbing the chi energy, etc.

Yeah so what about these Westernized tai chi teachers that are not able to take that crazy leap? haha. The leap off the 100 foot pole I think it's called.

Pyth, why did you go back to the appartment after the dinner 'not-a-date'? Maybe aside from internal orgasms the women have other things to offer in the ways, of, well, stuff. I was going to say something like 'DON'T GO BACK TO THE APPARTMENT'.

I can't watch it because of the glasses. But it reminds me of that girl who was hanging out with Tantra Mongoose and then went off and developed her own 'workshops'.

Not sexy.

-- opinion--

I can't watch it because of the glasses. But it reminds me of that girl who was hanging out with Tantra Mongoose and then went off and developed her own 'workshops'.

Not sexy.

-- opinion--

oh I was wondering about that - I didn't realize she started off with Tantra Mongoose. Umm. She seems kind of fake to me compared to Tantra Mongoose.

Anyway.... That Raid Redemption was subtitled in Chinese. No good.

next one has not subtitles.

hmmm...

yep -- third one chinese subtitles again...

o.k. found one with English subtitles but gotta download it.

dang a torrent -- I don't do torrent. I think I did one torrent site once of activist vids.

Now I gotta a RAR file. Nope. Not doing it.

Looks like that's it. I suppose I don't need the language - the movie is just pure violence. Supposed to be choreographed better than dancing though. haha.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

Hahaha I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about but saying Tantra Mongoose just makes me crack up. My girlfriend actually teaches Tantric Yoga she studied in Thailand and India. Haha thats just a funny name.

http://www.nityama.com/blog

the testimonials and vids are there.

there's youtube vids also.

Sign in to follow this