Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Electronic voting machine fraud uncovered

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story...kennedy_jr__wil

Excerpt: Electronic voting machines also caused widespread problems in Florida, where Bush bested Kerry by 381,000 votes. When statistical experts from the University of California examined the state's official tally, they discovered a disturbing pattern: "The data show with 99.0 percent certainty that a county's use of electronic voting is associated with a disproportionate increase in votes for President Bush. Compared to counties with paper ballots, counties with electronic voting machines were significantly more likely to show increases in support for President Bush between 2000 and 2004." The three counties with the most discrepancies -- Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade -- were also the most heavily Democratic. Electronic voting machines, the report concluded, may have improperly awarded as many as 260,000 votes to Bush. "No matter how many factors and variables we took into consideration, the significant correlation in the votes for President Bush and electronic voting cannot be explained," said Michael Hout, a member of the National Academy of Sciences.

Charles Stewart III, an MIT professor who specializes in voter behavior and methodology, was initially skeptical of the study -- but was unable to find any flaw in the results. "You can't break it -- I've tried," he told The Washington Post. "There's something funky in the results from the electronic-machine Democratic counties."

very interesting article, thanks. I only skimmed it so far... did RK Jr bring up President Kennedy's election antics? I've heard it said that many counties are moving back to having a paper trail.

Sign in to follow this