voice

"The Secret" hits it bigtime!

01 - "On Experimental Science: That which is sent us at the present moment is the most useful because

it is intended especially for us." ( Jean de Caussade in 'Abandonment to Divine Providence' )

02 - "If he knows how to meet fate with an attitude of acceptance, he is sure to find the right guidance.

The superior man lets himself be guided; he does not go ahead blindly, but learns from the situation what

is demanded of him and then follows this intimation from fate." ( I Ching, Hex. 02, 'The Judgment' )

03 - "Human life on earth is conditioned and unfree, and when man recognizes this limitation and makes

himself dependent upon the harmonious and beneficent forces of the cosmos, he achieves success. The

cow is the symbol of extreme docility. By cultivating in himself an attitude of compliance and vo-

luntary dependence, man acquires clarity without sharpness and finds his place in the world." ( I Ching,

Hex. 30, under 'The Judgment' )

04 - "It is of capital importance to understand this distinction between acceptance and resignation. To

accept, really to accept a situation, is to think and feel with the whole of one's being that, even if one had

the faculty of modifying it, one would not do it, and would have no reason to do it." (Hubert Benoit in 'Zen

and the Psychology of Transformation' )

05 - "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference." ( by Reinhold Niebuhr (c. 20th century), Christian Theologian )

Sounds a bit like "Love for sale".

IMO better yet is Matt's 'Magnetic Mind Power'.

I like this course. By far the two best Matt Furey products for people to get are combat conditioning and Magnetic Mind Power.

Sounds a bit like "Love for sale".

Never heard of it before, honestly! When I read the expression, "the art of allowing," the first thing that came

to my mind was the quote from Hexagram 2 about acceptance. According to my understanding of hexagram 2

and the I Ching teachings, in general, harmonizing with the laws of Nature is all about learning acceptance.

The other quotes came to me afterward, as I was reflecting on this. I have much more to say about it, but

time does not permit me to presently do so. Most people will recognize the prayer of acceptance as part of the

AA Program. Learning acceptance is a key part of the recovery process, one day at a time. Those who refuse

to accept the intimations of fate, from moment-to-moment, as the I Ching states, will never learn the secret(s)

of effecting central harmony. Effecting central harmony requires cultivating emotional acceptance, and not

allowing all the shit in the world to drive us into destructive behavior patterns.

Thanks to Cam for discovering the newest youtube guru. Here's what he has to say about the Secret:

My experience with this has been like so: I want something. It churns and churns inside. I get it. Temporary bliss. Then I want something else. There's that wanting again. Repeat. Every time I give into that wanting, it grows little stronger by force of habit. Just like rubbing on stone: one rub doesn't do much, but a lot of rubbing and you have a groove. It may become such a habit, like driving to work, that I don't even need to pay attention to it. My mind can wander and dream about all the things it wants while my body chases after them.

Pondering my continuing discomfort with the "technology" (which definitely works!) taught in The Secret,

I keep coming back to these lines from the first chapter of the Tao Te Ching (various translations):

Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.

Ever desiring, one sees manifestations.

--------Gia-Fu Feng and Jane English, 1972

So the unwanting soul

sees what's hidden,

and the ever-wanting soul

sees only what it wants.

--------Ursula LeGuin (1998)

Send your desires away and you will see the mystery

Be filled with desire and you will see only the manifestation

--------Talbert McCarroll

So it seems The Secret is teaching us to master manifestation.

Taoist classics and practice focus on perceiving the mystery.

Cheya

Edited by cheya

I think the Secret is an inspiring movie and can have a positive effect. I am sort of in the process of really using the knowledge for the first time this year. I mean, I learned everything in the Secret years ago from other sources but just got "attracted"(don't shoot me for saying attracted..LOL) to it again recently.

Talk to me in a few years and I'll let you know if LOA really,really,really worked for me or not. I think it will.

Cam

I think the LOA is a very fine addition to our knowledge of karma and an understanding of the goodness and overflowing abundance of the universe despite the fact that The Secret is a maze of mirrors.

The theory says that the master can manifest acres of gold and other pleasures out of thin air to the point that worldly desires naturally drop away as one develops the awareness that there is no shortage or competition for limited resources and one can simply enjoy the goodness of life... that the progress within this framework really can be quite similar to traditional religious beliefs and the message of the Tao te Ching when applied in that direction.

The limitation with it is that it is simply an intellectual level of training. That's perfect for people with very strong mental focus like the Oprahs or the Bill Gates's of the world who already have a strong command over their emotions, but for the average thinker out there, the results from it can be gradual or even non-existent if one cannot produce the feeling of joy required on the subject at hand. It can even be counter productive if one becomes frustrated by a lack of control over one's feelings.

I think that traditional contemplative practices are often better able to inspire and channel one's positive emotional energy through good works, meditation, devotional drills, etc... that going to a doctor or a teacher or offering the Buddha cupcakes, doing taichi, jogging, etc might inspire more good feelings rather than trying to simply be more positive particularly if the situation is a challenging one.

I think that the straight up LOA protocol works best on subjects that one is already fairly positive about like taking a nice relationship from very good to great rather than from crappy or chronically non-existent to good. When things are already very good, the LOA has already provided you with a nice partner, nice activities to do together, nice things to talk about, etc so the energy is all lined up for fine tuning rather than trying to tweak the feeling of going on "yet another" blind date, even though the principle is exactly the same. I think lighting candles and all that is the way to go in the latter case.

But whatever the vehicle, you gotta cut yourself a break. Any topic of negativity has momentum that extends beyond just one individual and just one lifetime and takes lots of time for gradual changes to pile up. And by doing so, you not only benefit your own life, you uplift the world. The harder the task, the more rewarding. Esther says that people who take on more difficult lives are like excellent tennis players who need to challenge more difficult opponents to keep growing. Milarepa had less material things than any of us and more negativity than any of us, but his challenges were instrumental to making him a great yogi.

I think the Secret is an inspiring movie and can have a positive effect. I am sort of in the process of really using the knowledge for the first time this year. I mean, I learned everything in the Secret years ago from other sources but just got "attracted"(don't shoot me for saying attracted..LOL) to it again recently.

Talk to me in a few years and I'll let you know if LOA really,really,really worked for me or not. I think it will.

Cam

I take that back..the Secret is ok but awakening to your true nature is better. So..my stand..awakening to your true nature would be better than what the Secret talks about..but there is nothing really wrong with what the Secret talks about..unless your interested in awakening then it's mostly crap.

But it's pretty good as far as crap goes if your not interested in awakening..or something...

I take that back..the Secret is ok but awakening to your true nature is better. So..my stand..awakening to your true nature would be better than what the Secret talks about..but there is nothing really wrong with what the Secret talks about..unless your interested in awakening then it's mostly crap.

But it's pretty good as far as crap goes if your not interested in awakening..or something...

That's rich!

I laughed like a Haitian without water. :D

That's rich!

I laughed like a Haitian without water. :D

hehe..Adyashanti I think summed it up best when he said if Ime going to be around ego's I would much rather be around positive ego's. I like that. If your going to have an ego and don't care about enlightenment I say atleast have a positive one.

BTW your avatar is pretty cool. I need a cool av like that.

When everyone thinks positively, there'll be nothing left to attract.

And when there is nothing left to attract, there is no need to purposely think positively. ;)

The funny thing is there is nothing to attract, and there is nothing doing the attracting.

When the idea of separatism is no longer in the minds of people, they will be in the mind of abundance.

Peace,

Aiwei

Edited by 林愛偉

brilliant!!! :lol:

I have been casually wondering if 'The Secret' & things of its ilk represent a kind of psychic confusion.

While I have no problems with there being a Law of Attraction that can be succesfully employed by an individual,I dont see it as being the ONLY influence on events,& to think it is such strikes me as a colossal ego-trip at best. Its fairly evident that there are other factors independent of our wishes that make the world around us, though thats a hard lesson for children everywhere to learn.

But it occured to me that that doesnt necessarily mean that "Abraham" or whatever is either non-existent or lying.

Perhaps Abraham is just confused!

From what I vaguely remember of the Buddhist Realms ,isnt there something like the God/Titan Realm,where you really do get youre desires instantly manifest,as per The Secret ? Is it not also true that the Titans/Gods arent necessarily enlightened or wise,just powerful in their Realm? Or something like that ?

Couldnt Abraham just be another dodgy channelled entity that doesnt really understand the functioning of the Human Realm ? Not necessarily deceptive or invented, just mistaken, confusing its conditions for ours ?

Ill apologise if Im a bit vague on my details ( I do consider The Secret to be a fairly 3rd rate peice of work ) ,but do you see what Im getting at ?

Just speculatin'

Regards,Cloud :)

I have been casually wondering if 'The Secret' & things of its ilk represent a kind of psychic confusion.

While I have no problems with there being a Law of Attraction that can be succesfully employed by an individual,I dont see it as being the ONLY influence on events,& to think it is such strikes me as a colossal ego-trip at best. Its fairly evident that there are other factors independent of our wishes that make the world around us, though thats a hard lesson for children everywhere to learn.

But it occured to me that that doesnt necessarily mean that "Abraham" or whatever is either non-existent or lying.

Perhaps Abraham is just confused!

From what I vaguely remember of the Buddhist Realms ,isnt there something like the God/Titan Realm,where you really do get youre desires instantly manifest,as per The Secret ? Is it not also true that the Titans/Gods arent necessarily enlightened or wise,just powerful in their Realm? Or something like that ?

Couldnt Abraham just be another dodgy channelled entity that doesnt really understand the functioning of the Human Realm ? Not necessarily deceptive or invented, just mistaken, confusing its conditions for ours ?

Ill apologise if Im a bit vague on my details ( I do consider The Secret to be a fairly 3rd rate peice of work ) ,but do you see what Im getting at ?

Just speculatin'

Regards,Cloud :)

Who knows. If I have to guess if Abraham thinks he(it!?) is Abraham it's not the same stuff as what the awakened ones talk about.

I say you just sit with Adyashanti when he visits you in a couple months and don't worry your little head about it.

:)

It doesn't matter what one is trying to attract. Unless they change their karma, they will always get,

what they always received. Nothing will change unless they change their mind, behavior and begin doing good deeds with virtue, moral as the foundation behind them.

It goes like this... If one plays the lotto, and wins, it isn't good luck. It is their karma. If one plays and looses, it isn't bad luck, it is their karma. The same goes for those with businesses of any sort in any manner.

One who wants what is considered good things, must do good things in return. It doesn't matter who they are.

If one wants what is considered bad things, they only have to do bad things. One cannot run around fiing th mind to visualizations and psychic impressions hoping for millions of dollars. .haha they will never get it unless it is of their karma.

One can change their karma, but they must dilligently work to do good things.. atleast what is considered good things, and think those deeds over to make sure every aspect of their doing serves a greater good. Its not easy to belive, but that is the way it is.

haha So much for the secret.

Peace,

Aiwei

i have heard it said

"being good you are wise, being wise does not make you good."

not sure if thats relavent

but it is the way it is.

peace,

paul

Nothing will change unless they change their mind, behavior and begin doing good deeds with virtue, moral as the foundation behind them.

I have a question.

I have a pretty good grasp on the concept of karma. Seems reasonable to me.

But I'm curious; according to your belief system, what "enforces" it? Maybe it's a stupid question, and it just functions as a natural law or something - but I'm curious enough to ask.

I have a question.

I have a pretty good grasp on the concept of karma. Seems reasonable to me.

But I'm curious; according to your belief system, what "enforces" it? Maybe it's a stupid question, and it just functions as a natural law or something - but I'm curious enough to ask.

What enforces birth and death

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Another great question. :)

Do you mind offering your answer?

That which causes birth and death

causes karma.

That which can be explained is not the cause.

Whadya mean "little". My head is HUGE & bloated beyond all proportion !!!

Excuse me sir!!Your great,round bowling ball shaped head full of questions!!