Sign in to follow this  
SheepishLord

Crying and orgasms...

My progress with Scott Sonnon's "Freedom By Degree" course has prompted me to explore old topics I never completed. One of them is the reading of the book "The Aware Baby" which is the core of this website:

http://www.awareparenting.com/

In the book one of the things discussed is the need for crying and how it is the trauma discharge mechanism of the human being but society has been taught to repress it. Of course, crying as a discharge mechanism is on a higher order then is a Reichian Orgasm but given that both mechanisms are so hard to access, we are stuck with such beautiful expedient means as FBD. 8)

One thing that the book brought up for me is how my mom was in the hospital recently for a simple operation and as I sat there in her room I wanted to cry and cry but I repressed it. I do it quite often and it annoys me that I am such a faggot--not that I cry, but that I don't cry.

I was wondering how I could absorb as much of the connection between me and my mom as she is getting older and won't be here forever and I complained to one of my friend's how I spend time with her and nothing comes out. My friend said that it is because I don't tell her how I feel about her and I would get annoyed at his comment because I didn't get how I should tell her how I feel.

Then it dawned on me that the whole problem is that I didn't cry that day and create the space for communication to take place in the future. Too much pain from my childhood is in the way and it is all my fault because I didn't let it out when it came calling. Shame on me! I feel I missed my opportunity because I did. What a tragedy.

Reading books like "The Aware Baby" and "Saharasia" and "Children in Armour" bring up the real root cause of suffering in this world. You know you are at the root because the answer to the question of "why" also contains the "how" to solve the problem. Assuming we are all strong enough.

More on this topic later.

• Thanks 1

Actually I relearned to cry. It took ma ages. And I got my degree reading a book that moved me to tears of compassion, and while I was weeping I let myself go, and the whole body started crying. I didn't just had an orgasm with my big toe, I weeped with my fingernails.

If while you stared to cry you feel the energy you feel where it get's blocked, you feel where the cry does not reach, where are it's limit. And it is a wonderful opportunity to let those limits loose, and let yourself in the cry completely.

If you really do it completely, you will rise after without any saddness left. But do not enhance it or repress it or you will circle. This is what I learned, and is part of the water method.

This is one of the reason why I find it hard to live in an appartment (I live in a campervan), where I cannot cry or shout, or properly laugh, or orgasm.

plato et al,

there's another book that might reveal some interesting things about this. it's called "what do you say after you say hello?" by eric berne (no, not hte guy from talking heads). it deals with the scripts we're handed by our parents, how live within those scripts and what we have to do to achieve autonomy (spoemthing all of us are presumably interested in as daoists). the reasopn i found the book to be so critical is that no amount of daoist study and practice will get you there if you remain trapped in teh script, because that script will determine even hgow you go about your taoists, mystical, esoteric, whatever work. incredible read. so are his other books.

ron. you know I REALLY want to know. Are you RON JEREMY, or just someone calling himself ron jeremy? And I dont mean that metaphysically.

CAT, LEMME ANSWER WITH A QUESTION, VIZ., DO YA HAVE A SALAMI OR A PEACH?

BYE NOW

I have a most luscious peach.

O BABY, QUENCH MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR YER LIQUID GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

EXTINGUISH MY INEXTINGUISHABLE FIRE WITH YER SWEET WATERS!!!

LOOK *ALL* RON JEREMIES JUST CALL THEMSELVES RON JEREMY.

IT'S A NOM DE PLUME, IT'S A NOM DE GUERRE.

DA PLUME BE DA SALAMI, DA GUERRE BE DA SHAG, DA PEACE BE DA SEIZED PEACH.

KISS YA,

RJ

Peter Falk,

How did you use the Berne material? It's fascinating, and relevant, but I don't see a way to benefit without the help of a Dr Q figure. Maybe that's my script talking.

Did you sort it out for yourself?

Thank you,

Munch

Sign in to follow this