Jason Miller who has a unique way of blending Tibetan and Western meditation and magic has just released a book on sexual practice including practices from a Tibetan point of view including work on the channels and drops. Its called Sex, Sorcery and Spirit. I'm not totally on board with the magical uses of sex,just not there yet, but I am really enjoying the internal practices. He really takes public discussion of these practices to a new level. I am not a representative of his, just sharing

His SS course is quite good as well.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Great topic, thanks for the shares.

Here is one I would also recommend: The Nag Hammadi Texts

Essentially they are a collection of Gnostic texts that go into a variety of topics written before Ano Domini, giving a very untampered/complete picture of how the ancient Gnostics saw the world alongside their core beliefs. Just finished going through it, highly recommended.

• Like 1

Phillip Farber's Brain Magick does a good job of explaining the NLP & Chaos Magick paradigm.

Aaron Leitch and Lon Milo Duquette are really good for clear explanation and thoroughly sourced and researched perspectives on traditional western magic topics.

Magick, Book 4 by Aleister Crowley. which is technically 4 books in one, but still. ;)

Liber Aleph by Crowley

and i still have the 10-volume Equinox series to get through. some day i will finish them.

unless i don't.

You can download the whole series of the equinox, except Equinox of the Gods, but including the "Blue Equinox" here:

Try it before you but it Equinox on Occult Underground

A vast array of Crowley titles can be found at the same site here:

Almost everything you ever thought you might want to read by Crowley on Occult Underground

As almost everyone here should know by now, I think Crowley is a waste of time and money, I can't stop you from wasting your time, but I can save you some money.

• Like 1

I second Initiation into Hermetics. Franz Bardon's work is a masterpiece of Western Hermetics and has many parallels to Taoist practice. The clarity of the writing is stunning.

I also recommend John Michael Greer's Inside a Magical Lodge. The book talks about group workings in a manner that is unique to any work I have seen regardless of culture. His discussion of the role of the egregore and its effects upon group consciousness is the only work of any kind I have seen on the topic.

Cheers,

Peacedog

Www.yogicengineering.com

• Like 2

I second Initiation into Hermetics. Franz Bardon's work is a masterpiece of Western Hermetics and has many parallels to Taoist practice. The clarity of the writing is stunning. I also recommend John Michael Greer's Inside a Magical Lodge. The book talks about group workings in a manner that is unique to any work I have seen regardless of culture. His discussion of the role of the egregore and its effects upon group consciousness is the only work of any kind I have seen on the topic. Cheers, Peacedog Www.yogicengineering.com

Yea, I can't believe how some people considered Bardon's work "obscure"... I guess I'll never know why  :blink:

I think the main issue with Bardon is that few practitioners of his stuff in the English speaking world are very good and certainly few are promoting themselves. I suspect his profile is much higher in the German speaking world.

The Buddhists and New Agers are actively looking for converts/practitioners. The Western traditions really aren't.

www.yogicengineering.com

Good to see ya round these parts gozer ... I cant believe none has made mention of rufus opus' red work course. everything from him is super amazing. Currently working my way through the white work..

• Like 2

Britneyy,

Can you say something of your experience with the black work that I am assuming you went through before starting the white?

Ok.thats real wide. Well It changed my world view and opened access to beings who were so excited that I finally got around to them.also brought up alot of negative stuff I'd been ignoring and I had to deal with them. . Shook up my life to a degree. When I finally got to the genius ,I got my strength renewed.

• Like 1

Also I switched the archangel positions of the LBRP to reflect that system (mike-east fire,raph_west air,uriel_south earth,gabriel_north water) and something just clicked into place

Edited by Britneyy
  • Like 1

Right now I'm really enjoying JS Kupperman's Living Theurgy: A Course In Iambluchus & Julius Evola's Hermetic Tradition, neither are shallow, goofy, or riding the coat tails of the Golden Dawn, great stuff. Also somewhat related got, Edward Edinger's Anatomy of the Psyche from the library, love his stuff.

My favourite is The Kybalion and the Book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley

The Mystery of the Cathedrals by Fulcanelli

Yes!

Another good one is the Aurea Catena Homeri - the Golden Chain of Homer.

Edited by Kaspar