I personally feel that if you are going to shout about a certain system and derail every single thread you encounter...then yes. A name verification should be a must. It's borderline trolling IMO when you have someone who CONSISTENTLY DERAILS EVERY THREAD THEY ENCOUNTER WITH THE MOST INSANE BULLSHIT. I say that if you are going to insist on injecting the forum with your hot jing injection then you should have to verify your identity. That also goes for any other person who does the same. You cannot hide behind a fake name and DERAIL EVERY THREAD

Good point!

The real name would be cool but what would be even a little bit cooler is having a basic test on taoist knowledge and alchemy.

Then this would truly make it indoor and exclusive.

So thus the indoor would be a group of knowledgeable taoist scholars and practitioners. Then this would leave the public forum for only novices enthusiasts trolls and so on.

This could also be a nice business model if the site owner charges for this access in the form of an application fee. Which would be the test of taoist knowledge and alchemy of course.

the marketing draw would be getting grandmasters and qigong masters on there these established masters would of course not have to file for an application and thus would get in for free.

My above suggestion keeps your members identity private and promotes deeper taoistic discussion cuts down on derailing while also possibly increasing profits for the forum. :)

Edited by puretruth01

Blind novice practicioners |||||||||||||||||WALL||||||||||||||||| Masters that will only speak with those who already know

Ummm...indoor is for dedicated practitioners not beginners. The public forum wont change.......

Also by offering this service you may be get other indoor sub threads.

Most qigong schools have forums some try to make their forums private. If this could be a success then other systems might want to have the taobums as a place for their in door discussion of their practice. If this happens then this would really make the indoor part of the forum a draw. The implications of the success of an indoor forum on here is good.

I personally feel that if you are going to shout about a certain system and derail every single thread you encounter...then yes. A name verification should be a must. It's borderline trolling IMO when you have someone who CONSISTENTLY DERAILS EVERY THREAD THEY ENCOUNTER WITH THE MOST INSANE BULLSHIT. I say that if you are going to insist on injecting the forum with your hot jing injection then you should have to verify your identity. That also goes for any other person who does the same. You cannot hide behind a fake name and DERAIL EVERY THREAD

Some people do come in here and vent and rant. I feel like that is actually one of the therapeutic purposes of the internet though - an outlet for supressed, taboo thoughts or disenfranchised people with no mainstream voice in a thought-policed, monolithic society.

ej5s9j.jpg

ccnbcmerger.pngcomcast-disney-240cs010412-1325785580.jp

comcast-eats-hulu1.jpg

1337256000000.cached.jpg

301zl2w.jpg

If comments get too objectionable for some, users can always block the poster or report them.. I liked the ability to downrate posts before, too - as another way that people could voice their disapproval if they wanted.

I do wish there were more expert practitioners with real understanding to contribute. But they are few in reality, to begin with...and most of them don't speak English, much less post on forums..

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

I do wish there were more expert practitioners with real understanding to contribute.

We have a number of these people here, but they just dont feel the need to talk loudly.

• Like 1

The real name would be cool but what would be even a little bit cooler is having a basic test on taoist knowledge and alchemy.

Then this would truly make it indoor and exclusive.

So thus the indoor would be a group of knowledgeable taoist scholars and practitioners. Then this would leave the public forum for only novices enthusiasts trolls and so on.

This could also be a nice business model if the site owner charges for this access in the form of an application fee. Which would be the test of taoist knowledge and alchemy of course.

the marketing draw would be getting grandmasters and qigong masters on there these established masters would of course not have to file for an application and thus would get in for free.

My above suggestion keeps your members identity private and promotes deeper taoistic discussion cuts down on derailing while also possibly increasing profits for the forum. :)

beat ya to it! lol! were already on that, got a group already that is mastering the truths of the universe! and a taoist knowledge test is cool but dosent really say anything about and or for skill! just somtnig i noticed here not all who know the philosophy and practices can use it!