Lindelani Mnisi

Astral projection troubles/blues

Edit: be careful with that whole sex with random spirits in dreams thing. It may be more real than you realize.

In all honesty, most of the time the sex just happens and it is not 'great sex' but I merely secrete seminal fluid in the dream. It's get annoying when one is seeking to build up 'jing'. I believe it to be my subconscious and oppressed emotions and expressions playing them selves out. Just the other week I shape shifted my pet into a woman I had found attractive the day before. Analyzing the dream, my pet is someone I trust and love. Sort of makes sense why I morphed him. lolz.

But I do agree, it can be very real. When I was with my ex-girl friend we had shared some dreams. She still pops up every now and then strangely enough.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

Well, again, I am speaking from what I understand from reading the Buddhist text. These special abilities of theirs are the result of the merits they gained from their past lives. Practice in this case is only allowing them to "remember" what they could do.

I guess it could be possible that a pile of us did this sort of thing in many past lives. If so then that would be a LOT of people though! Perhaps we all get to see how we do with power this time around.

I have seen some pretty nasty folks with a few supernatural abilities, which makes me wonder.... is it from perhaps many lifetimes of practice, or many lifetimes of spiritual meditation and so forth?

Then there are some folks who feel everyone has the potential (in this lifetime), just that we have to get rid of all our crap (and disbelief) in the way).

Its funny you should mention past lives, because lately something occured to me...talent is merely the result of you working hard at a skill in the past life, i.e if you are a great dancer in this life, the next life you will have a 'talent' for it...anyway, wait you guys are telling me I can develop powers from astral projecting?? And as for chi, don't worry, I won't try and take over the world, I'll just start teaching the world chi and opening their eyes to it, especially element bending. I wanna teach them that so if there's an earthquake or flood, just call all the benders to stop it :D

Actually I should go into more detail, my last reply was pretty short, and the meaning likely lost.

Unfortunately learning astral projection won't help with stopping natural disasters (as far as I know). That would fall more under connecting with the natural elements and the earth and so forth. Also, just because an earthquake happens, does not mean it is wrong in the big picture of things. It is horrible that many people die, however if you were able to stop it for some reason, then maybe something worse would happen as the earth needed to release pressure in another way. Or perhaps we wouldn't be as worried about our environment if such things didn't happen. I have seen far too many folks with some natural talent mess with things that they view as "broken", which weren't. Often one is not experienced enough, or connected with the source enough to know what needs healing or helping and what does not.

Now astral projection to discover the deeper mysteries of the universe can work, then when you get back you can ground yourself by helping spread the word with various environmental causes (as just one example), or traveling to a place of a natural disaster and giving aide to the folks there, or perhaps collecting food and clothing from everyone in your community and shipping it to the folks who need it...

• Like 2

Guest Jason Croft

Google - "Doppelganger" - to see how common astral projection actually is.

Guest Jason Croft
Doppelgänger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Doppelgänger (disambiguation).
magnify-clip.png
Doppelgänger

In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") (pronounced [ˈdɔpəlˌɡɛŋɐ] (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen)) is a paranormal double of a living person.

It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection.

Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.

Recent scientific experimentation has duplicated several doppelgänger effects when electrical stimulation was applied to the left temporoparietal junction of the brain of a patient.

Oh like the prince and pauper...which reminds me, all my memories and dreams are in third person view. Is that normal that my memories are in third and never first person view?

robert monroe made the faux pas of saying infer when he meant imply.

Anyway fascinating vid. thks.

So we all OBE while in deep dreamless sleep - the emptiness. Pretty awesome claim.

His gliding hobby definitely induced the OBEs -- think about it - flying dreams inspired by the gliding and flying dreams definitely induce OBEs....

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

I dont trust the electronic stuff (just a feeling)

I'd say start with lucid dreaming..very cool stuff.

I agree with Pythagoreanfullotus... celibacy / abstaining helps I think. (if one is so inclined)

I think diet also... light diet = light spirit.

Ideally (in my view) fruits, veges, leafy greens / herbs... pine nuts, pure water... exercise and sunlight... I think sunlight is very important.

When your diet is clean you will soak up sun like a plant.

You have to develop focus and will power... I think fire gazing (trataka) is good.

+ breathing... connecting the breath or focusing on the moment between in and out, out and in breath... really all comes down to single pointed awareness... this is the start / in lucid dreaming you have to maintain focus/ balance = control

I would practice just before bed... and aim for mind awake body asleep.

Don't worry about success... enjoy the moment, enjoy the breathing, the soft bed, the breeze ... the stillness of the night etc.

+ exercise too... move the body during the day otherwise you will be too restless.

I realised something this morning. Back when I started living with my uncle and aunt, like I think a few months later, I began constantly having sensations: electricity flowing through my body, and a bit of paralyzes. Now knowing that, I realised that my astral body must have been wanting to 'escape' from the situation...meaning I must have been unconsciously projecting in my sleep. Since I was in a low vibration (thanks to the negative thoughts and emotions -and depression- that filled me) my astral body must have been in the lower realms (hell), meaning it must have been suffering...so maybe that's why I'm having trouble with AP, maybe my subconscious/astral body is scared

Happiness helps you fly :)

Helps to have your head in a good place.

Frustrations will be played out in the subconscious if you ignore them / don't make peace with them.

Traveled through hell (literally, if there is such a place) doubtful. However, traveled in the skid row of the astral and/or other planes and attracted some nasty stuff and entities to you because of your state of mind, very likely. IMHO.

How to fix that? Cleansings, lotsa spiritual work. Changing your way of thinking, which then changes your energy, which then evicts the crap. ;)

Edit: and upon reading your posts in the other thread.... allowing yourself the time to grieve and knowing that it is a natural process dunig this time will likely help as well.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

So in other words you're saying I should resolve my feelings...how exactly?

Life can be hard, no doubt.

I have one practice when troubled... at night before I go to sleep I say... I surrender all my woes/ worries and problems to the Universe to reconcile / bring harmony... and feel them all slip away.

I think having faith in the Universe / the Absolute / God is significant .

Really everything in life is based on faith... even people who say they have no faith... have faith... otherwise why take the next breath?

Life doesnt always give us what we want... maybe life gives us something we need... key is in trying to understand why / how it fits... I think mastery is being able to change + realize before events occur... so one is constantly moving in harmony + and not getting stuck in patterns / poor habits.

Also to give your life to a greater cause / something greater than yourself so to speak. But in doing something you enjoy.

If you enjoy playing music for example do that and use that to help make the world a more beautiful place.

You will soon forget about you and your problems and be more focused on what needs doing... the duty/ task you have set yourself.

So the small things dont matter... if its music the only thing that really matters is you and the music, the learning and sharing.

Don't worry about society... society doesnt know what it wants or what it is.

Try not to take things personally.

A lot of people in this world are hurting. When they are hurting inside they (some) want to hurt other people (express their pain)... who it doesnt really matter...

So don't take things personally.

So there is a forgiveness of sorts happening.

But not a forgetting... you have to be smart, change the environment or situation.

Forgiving isnt passive.

It's a transcending.

Another way is to express those feelings... I myself find music good for this... just listening / singing along or playing

There will come a point when you have a greater understanding of the world / people and yourself... understanding of emotions / reactions ... things will have much less of a grip on you.

Emotions are fine... though as I said recently in another thread...we have to be wise about what we love and why we love it + to be sure our emotions are not used against us.

I think this applies.

I hope this is of some help

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

So in other words you're saying I should resolve my feelings...how exactly?

Lindelani , do you have a a teacher you learn spiritual practise from ?

Maybe it is a good idea to look for one to study with if you do not . You are so young and if you are into this stuff and with help of a right teacher you would be able to sort yourself out really fast .

• Like 2

Lindelani , do you have a a teacher you learn spiritual practise from ?

Maybe it is a good idea to look for one to study with if you do not . You are so young and if you are into this stuff and with help of a right teacher you would be able to sort yourself out really fast .

So true :). Good advice.

Not all can afford a teacher... nor has methods of transport, if one is young support from the family may be difficult too.

Plus... how to find a good teacher? many have searched for years for such? waste of time... as they say when the student is ready the teacher will appear? ... so no point in looking for teachers (middle man/women between you and the Divine)

Better to read I think...

With the internet you have all the teachers/ teachings you need... + free basically (there is a difference..between what I was trying to say above haha)

Reading goes a long way... find the works of notable sages / saints / mystics

There is no quick fix... enjoy the unfolding and trust your instincts.

Empower yourself...

//

I am 24, I started young also.

My advice I would say is brotherly

Not sure if it is Guru approved but it is my experience and what has helped me.

All the best :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air