Sign in to follow this  
Practitioner

Cleansing/Healing the Belly

Hi,

Lately I've been having this thing with my large intestine. It's been acting up all weird for awhile now and my elimination hasn't been quite right, which manifests as watery stool. I normally have a really nice heat in my dantian going on as I meditate on it regularly, but funny now that majority of this heat is now focused a lot on my colon (which sometimes has a dull pain), and from medical diagrams it would seem that it is the sigmoid colon area.

I eat the typical asian diet, rice, meat and veggies (when they come around), and I never have these sorts of problems generally.

I was wondering if any of you recommend any cleansing/rejuvenating practices or concoctions that I could ingest to help heal my colon, or if anyone has had something a bit similar to this, and what they did to heal their digestive tract.

a couple years ago I had a similar symptom that I treated with acupuncture on some spleen points, since it assists the stomach in its "rotting and ripening" function and plenty of loose/watery stool descriptions have spleen points indicated.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

When it comes to bodily health, a healthy western diet is the only way.

Breakfast daily on rolled oats (simmer 3 tablespoonfuls in hot water for 5 minutes to make a porridge).

Sprinkle on 2 tablespoonfuls of raw oat bran, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.

Top with a banana sliced up.

A glass of fruit juice: chop up a couple of oranges and throw in a blender with a handful of fresh pineapple cubes.

Exercise is essential for gut health. Minimum 30 minutes aerobics 5 day a week

Do this for 7 days starting now and report back next Wednesday. If your stool problem doesn't clear up, I will chop off my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GhGX7cHCg

chenping, quite a large number of people are allergic to gluten and oats are not a good bet in such a case. raw oat bran is for many people extremely clogging, abrasive, undigestible and causes constipation. I mention this as I dont wish to see your head cut off.

Practitioner... this is potentially complicated to make suggestions for, over the internet. If you have heat and pain inthe colon I would strongly suggest you go to see someone professional about this, so that you get the best possible intervention, tailor made for you. :)

• Like 1

Have you tried qi gong massage as the book 'Unwinding the belly' ... its excellent ... some good case studies in there too so you can compare.

• Like 1

Just like to mention personal expirience of realxing the belly being a hard job where a practicioners gets to know so much about how organism works -- interconnection between mind and body .

It is complicated and a lot of people get some digestive or similar problems on the Way , the matter may or may not be purley physical.

chenping, quite a large number of people are allergic to gluten and oats are not a good bet in such a case. raw oat bran is for many people extremely clogging, abrasive, undigestible and causes constipation. I mention this as I dont wish to see your head cut off.

Practitioner... this is potentially complicated to make suggestions for, over the internet. If you have heat and pain inthe colon I would strongly suggest you go to see someone professional about this, so that you get the best possible intervention, tailor made for you. :)

If you are intuiting something seriously amiss, then I withdraw my suggestion which is meant for a sound belly going out of whack on account of an unhealthy lifestyle.

vinegar flushes you out. Drink with straw.

Cayenne activates vagus nerve to induce bowel movements and cayenne kills cancer.

Greens -- chlorophyll will create new blood in the intestines.

• Like 1

This would be my recommendation:

1. Stop practicing and take a few days to simply be one with each day. This removes any stress from practice and intention coming too strong from the mind.

2. Before each meal; contemplate where the meal comes from and see just wait... and see if this is something you want to eat... it may be your body doesn't want what is in front of it. It doesn't matter if you ate this for 1,000 days... if you body doesn't want it: then don't eat it. Get in tune with your body.

3. The problem really depends on how to deal with it. I would be less inclined to deal with it with food substance. i would try more of a fluid wash to "get it all out". Epsom salt with some water will react with putting water into the intestines to help wash it out.

4. Green Tea or Lotus seed tea are the best water detox.

5. Self-massage your stomach from the ascending side; across; and to the descending side; and down and across; repeat it all very, very, very slowly. You may be able to work something out. Or have another do it.

Your body wants to you to stop something. If you simply try one thing at a time, your stuck in the other ways. To me, paramount is: stop the practice and flush. At least a few days. Enjoy the rest of creation.

• Like 1

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I have a great physique to prove I know what I am talking about. You want to compare whose body reigns supreme?

Western diet is based on proven scientific knowledge that guides physical conditioning of olympic athletes, horses included.

Don't pretend to be a Chinese either because you are not.

It's all a pretense anyway you look at it. Does it matter if I stick to being Chinese?

Start posting with a real name like 99% of the people in this forum.

You think Cat is a real name? How about Taomeow? Apech?

Start posting with a real name like 99% of the people in this forum.

Don't thing your statistics are accurate but IMO this forum would actually be much better off if folks posted with their real name. Probably would at least cut down on the anonymous bullshit that has turned it into something that many experienced practitioners avoid. It also would prevent the constant re-invention of old members into new members and multiple accounts that agree with each other when posting.

Edit: Inline with the topic: If you are sick visit your physician. For colon health I occasionally take a variation of the old sailer's formula that has been formulated with modern naturopathic principles called "Blue Heron".

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

The majority of the people on this site (myself included, so far), are more secretive about their identity than any other forum I've been on. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe the subject matter?

Seems to have the same amount of negative, argumentative, "I'm going to try as hard as I possibly can not to get along with you" type people as anywhere else, though.

A personal identity is boring and usually unhelpful for socializing. Our physical bodies and social status in the world beyond the world wide web are divisive and off-putting to those who may be old, sickly, ugly, and poor. This is because everybody forms an image of everybody else and compare that with his or her own image. In cyberspace, you are liberated from such hang-ups and everyone is equal. Isn't this a lot better?

The majority of the people on this site (myself included, so far), are more secretive about their identity than any other forum I've been on. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe the subject matter? Seems to have the same amount of negative, argumentative, "I'm going to try as hard as I possibly can not to get along with you" type people as anywhere else, though.

But what is the point anyway in revealing your real name on a message board that talks about the Tao and Enlightenment. The path that leads to the death of the ego...:) What is a name after all? I am not sure I even have a real name at all....even my real name isn't really my real name, you know....

I get you, but the point is exactly what Ya Mu pointed out.

If everyone here were as daoist as they wish they were, it wouldn't matter. As it is, we have people like "eat meat gross" who join, post a couple instigating messages pushing an agenda, then never respond. Old banned or shamed members coming back over and over with new identities, trying to stir the pot and thinking they're cool because they're anarchists messing with the "system" or something..

It doesn't work to be acting within the constructs of a society, then, when confronted on something, claim yourself to be outside of the constructs of that society and therefore "exempt". Do you have a name and identity when you deal with people in person? Then you do here on this site, too. If you're so advanced that all those things have dropped away in your "real" life, then ok, you can be that way here, too.

We are all people living in a society. The anonymity here seems to make some feel as though they can "pretend", or be mean, or act in a way they wouldn't if they were speaking to your face. Showing names isn't the point.

People acting the same way they would if I were standing right in front of them is the point.

I don't come to the Internet to aviod reality and pretend its something different. The Internet is a tool, not a different life or reality. I'm sorry for you and genuinely do hope you find your way and get better, if you need a place to hide from real life and need a different identity on the Internet.

Edited by i am

Yes, it's all illusory. Life is like a movie, Snow White and the Seven Dawrfs, with a cast of make-believe characters and I am cast as Sleepy, you are Grumpy and he is Lazy. The only dwarf who takes his identity as real is Crazy.

People acting the same way they would if I were standing right in front of them is the point.

If you were standing next to me, chances are I wouldn't talk to you if you don't have anything to do with attending to me, my dog and my toys. I only talk to service-providers. When I am not on the computer unwinding like now, I would be doing real stuff that assures my financial viability.

I don't come to the Internet to aviod reality and pretend its something different. The Internet is a tool, not a different life or reality. I'm sorry for you and genuinely do hope you find your way and get better, if you need a place to hide from real life and need a different identity on the Internet.

I do need to hide from "real life" as you call it. "Real people" are heavy maintenance. I really don't have the time for them. After a good time, they won't go away. They call you on your phone and want to know when they can meet up again. On the internet, I can switch you off and never even need to say goodbye.

Well, as long as you're enjoying your existence.

Mine is very different, and I really rather enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

Sign in to follow this