Hypnagog

Opening the Third Eye: Spiritual Sight

Here you go buddy. This is what you wrote.

We wish you all the best - your assumptions are fantastic!

Edited by Spotless

We wish you all the best - your assumptions are fantastic!

This is what you wrote....I need not to assume. :)

There is no 'merit'. The end result of what one is cultivating is what I guess you could define as 'merit' and to be honest I don't really care for what your cultivating. <_< Life can unfold in an infinite amount of ways. There is no right way. It is all up to the individual to choose what they are seeking. Said choices are beyond 'merit' alone. They can make the path or you can choose to prescribe to a certain religion and follow in a known path, mind you.

Listen up...you need to put down the weeds and stepping back to read what you are writing here. I am telling you that you can accumulate merits by asking the existential questions of life and to examine the nature of your own suffering. Doing good and moral deeds. Have compassions for sentient beings. The door to higher spiritual learning will be open to you, after certain years. Yes, years. Now, your confused mind is telling me that you don't have to do all that. What? In fact, you are going to do whatever you want because you can reach enlightenment however you like with any means.

Really? Let's just say I don't think so. :) There are ways you can verify it but I would rather leave it at that.

Edited by ChiForce

Another nonsense. Dogma? To earn merits in your cultivation path in order to open doors to higher spiritual learning is called dogma? What if these merits including doing moral deeds. Not to kill or harm people. To show compassions. These are dogmas? Hahahaha...... You are right, they are dogmas if your intention is to cultivate an evil path with aimless goals. These are dogmas. :)

No. You will learn what I mean, EVERYONE is capable of obtaining good merits, that is a no brainer. Not to sure how you have chosen to define dogma, but this is how I see dogma..

An example based on Christianity... "A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "the Christian dogma of the Trinity".

Feel to plug in whatever religion or spiritual philosophy you like. For example:

"A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "the Tao is the only way".

"A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "only Buddha was right".

"A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "one should only worship Kali because she is described as the mother of all...".

"A principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true: "one should only follow Jesus Christ because he died for us all".

and the list goes on and on etc...

• Like 1

Listen up...you need to put down the weeds and stepping back to read what you are writing here. I am telling you that you can accumulate merits by asking the existential questions of life and to examine the nature of your own suffering. Doing good and moral deeds. Have compassions for sentient beings. The door to higher spiritual learning will be open to you, after certain years. Yes, years. Now, your confused mind is telling me that you don't have to do all that. What? In fact, you are going to do whatever you want because you can reach enlightenment however you like with any means.

Really? Let's just say I don't think. :) There are ways you can verify it but I would rather leave it at that.

You do realize that their are shamans who live in the Andes mountain range of peru who consume herbs daily and who are able to testify of reaching and experiencing 'enlightenment' all throughout their lives. Shamans who are able to go beyond the body and visit other realms and worlds. Shamans who are able to converse with spirits of all kinds, benevolent and malevolent. Reaching enlightenment is NOT about merit, it is about what YOU choose to cultivate and become through out one's life. Enlightenment isn't about getting some where, it is about becoming. You can not realize a state of awareness until you become it. This 'door' you speak of is simply a metaphor of one being able to realize what they have become.

Furthermore, you think Buddha reached enlightenment because he was Buddha... NO. Because he willingly chose to throughout several life times, to become enlightened, and in each succeeding life he was able to grow spiritually and morally to then become Buddha. Mind you, if this last explanation does not cause you to stop and think, I am done conversing with you.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

You do realize that their are shamans who live in the Andes mountain range of peru who consume herbs daily and who are able to testify of reaching and experiencing 'enlightenment' all throughout their lives. Shamans who are able to go beyond the body and visit other realms and worlds. Shamans who are able to converse with spirits of all kinds, benevolent and malevolent. Reaching enlightenment is NOT about merit, it is about what YOU choose to cultivate and become through out one's life. Enlightenment isn't about getting some where, it is about becoming. You can not realize a state of awareness until you become it. This 'door' you speak of is simply a metaphor of one being able to realize what they have become.

Furthermore, you think Buddha reached enlightenment because he was Buddha... NO. Because he willingly chose to throughout several life times, to become enlightened, and in each succeeding life he was able to grow spiritually and morally to then become Buddha. Mind you, if this last explanation does not cause you to stop and think, I am done conversing with you.

Sigh...he didn't become. You don't become enlightened. Enlightenment is about returning to the original source of life. The original mind. The One Mind. The Mind Ground. Each individual has the potential to reach (regressively) enlightenment but only after to have exhausted all 5 skandhas and to experience the 4 states of samadhi. This may require several life times of merits. Merits are the 4 noble truths and 8 fold path one mush follow. They will help one to travel the danger of karmic influence from your past and present. Choice and will? They are just getting in the way to the cultivation path.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merit_%28Buddhism%29

Why are you summoning the name of the great Buddha to justify your own interpretation of what is enlightenment???

This has become embarrassingly spiteful. This is the kind of masculine intellectual masturbation I cannot *abide . There is no right or wrong way. How hilariously dualistic to think so. It is the height of insecurity to put down others. End of story, end of thread (for me).
There is a lesson here, somewhere. Thank you for everyone who posted here promoting an open and enlightened discussion.

Edited by Hypnagog
  • Like 1

I wanted to start a practical discussion group on third eye phenomenon. I experience seeing colors and lights in my internal an external environments. I wanted to know other people with this "clairvoyant" sight and when it appeared, how it felt, and what helped refine and expand this vision.

My experience is as follows:

-A violet or purple light when I close my eyes and begin meditation, which often gets brighter as the meditation continues and shifts color.

-Patterns of violet, green, yellow, and red light morphing in my external environment, especially visible against blank surfaces (ceilings, walls).

-Flashes of pink and violet light in my peripheral vision when I do Qi Gong.

-Flashes of violet light in my peripheral before and resulting in out of body experience.

-A white glow surrounding individuals with flashes of colors along certain portions of their body (all colors in the spectrum show)

-Complex patterns of light and geometry that last for brief, yet impressionable, seconds during meditation or trance states.

What helps brings on these effects is a nice relaxed state during mediation, while I am bathing or in the shower, during gi gong, a bodywork session, or even when I am simply being attentive in my everyday life.

I would like to expand this vision so I can see a wider range of color in the aura, and into the energetic and spiritual bodies of things (not just outside aura).

This started happening to me 2 years ago and has just gotten more and more vivid. I just turned 20 last month.

What are your experiences? I would love more advanced practitioners and visionaries to share their insight into this spiritual organ as well as reports from novices like myself. How old were you when in started, what were you doing? What helped expand it? Any tidbit of wisdom to share?

Try Meditation Pictorial by Michael Beloved and Miracle Mastery by David De Bold

Let me add my few pennies in!!

Anyone who says that they have opened their 3rd eye without the help of an Immortal master is not opening their 3rd eye, they are doing something else. The third eye is a spiritual practice and is the basis of true enlightenment. On this forum I have not seen anyone who displays the merits of anyone who is truly enlightened. The third eye is a physical phenomenon, a tool that must be taught by those who are enlightened (Immortal) and carefully practiced to avoid misinterpretation of any images or visions that one might see, which can be experienced without third eye opening anyway. As I have said on many posts before the mind is our most power-full tool we posses, many are controlled by it, fooled by it, but not many have mastered it. Drugs just alter our own individual perception of life, but do not give us universal vision or understanding.

Simply put, gaining spiritual 'merit' is a way of self cultivating ones self and it is by ones self, letting go of negative aspects of our behavior etc. that leads us to greater understanding and gain greater spiritual merit for our spirit to the next life. Like it or not there is a control in the spirit world that will give power to those that have gained in merit of self cultivation for obvious reasons. One would not give a child a nuclear bomb to play with and so one wouldn't give vast amounts of power to an uncultivated spirit!!

• Like 1

Thanks Hypnagog for starting this thread. I've been studying and doing practices on the third eye and other subtle structures under the guidance of Samuel Sagan from the Clairvision School for 16 yrs. I've run workshops and intensives in trying to get students to have experiences of the third eye and other non-physical structures. I do not consider myself 'enlightened', I certainly am not, I am just a sincere practitioner and student of spirituality. What I'm outlining is techniques I use and what I feel, it is not the only way, clearly there are many different systems of inner alchemy. 

I see clients regularly for one on one sessions to go into the third eye space and have experiences. I use the basic pathway that is outlined in Samuel Sagan's book 'Awakening the Third Eye'. I do the techniques myself with the client to get myself into the space as well.

Starting with the throat friction which stimulates the larynx of energy and causes an involution of consciousness. Numerous experiences happen here including vibration, warmth, a sense of presence coming inwards, stillness enveloping me, calmness, a sense of safety and comfort.

The next technique is to gear that 'feeling' that is occurring in the throat envelope (roughly throat chakra area) to the front part of the third eye. When this happens it really feels like there is vibration and stimulation in the third eye between the eyebrows. There can be a rich, thick feeling, a denseness, vibration that is subtle, ie an effervescent feeling. I've also had heavier feelings and pressures around the third eye. As I've practiced more and more it is more like a space for me, a sense of space in the third eye.

If I put my awareness in the third eye, I get a sense of colours, it could be dark clouds moving around, white points of light, vague clouds of white light, pinpoints of brilliant blue light, flashes of other colours.

If I put my awareness into what is behind the light, ie the space that the lights and colours are inside of and I am patient and just let myself move into the space, I can have a sense of deep blackness, deep blue/blackness, a warm purple comforting space as if you are resting in a womb like space - expansive, watery, relaxing, holding. In Samuel Sagan's mapping, this would be the purple space and is very similar if not the same space of consciousness that babies are in when they are in the womb.

Connecting with the purple space is a very comforting experience. You don't have to see purple though, I've experienced darker spaces that were the same feeling and my clients have experienced that as well.

There is also a greater stillness and consciousness is much more stable, awareness is more stable. You can rest your awareness on the space and rest consciousness there.

If I move my awareness into the centre of my head in the centre of the Third Eye tunnel to the centre called 'The Atom' I feel a deeper sense of involution (consciousness going inward). I also sometimes here inner sounds in this position. I also feel like there is an oval like structure in the centre of my head, like a 3 dimensional oval like energy sitting in the centre of my head. And it has grown larger as I have practiced. I can rest on this structure and become a lot more stable, get access to my etheric and astral energy in my body, ie perceive it better. I use this structure to rest on when I do Yoga postures. It gives me a 'sense' of my energy in my body.

Practice is the most important principle in learning how to experience the third eye. The more you practice the more things happen. 

I'm happy to answer any questions on my experiences if any has any. 

If you want to know more here are resources from the Clairvision School:

*Portal for Inner Worlds has practices on the third eye and lectures on Samuel's own experiences.

*Awakening the Third Eye book is a 'Beginners' manual for those who want an entry point

*The Clairvision Knowledge Tracks are comprehensive Practice based correspondence courses on the third eye and other subtle bodies. The practices are high level and involve guided practice with music, talks and videos.

*Do a weekend intensive or full week intensive where you spend dedicated time practicing to experience the third eye and other structure, ie Heart, Belly, Column above, Column below.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

To open up the third eye, the best thing is meditation, lots of it, daily.  Sure boring at first, but really it works. 

The catch though is, it's not like you only get to sense, see and feel the good stuff.  You also get to to feel the sorrow of the person who just lost a loved one, get to see the nasty spirit attached to the homeless person you just walked by, get to know how much pain some people are in, get to hear trapped spirits screaming, get to know when folks are just pretending they like you (though this is sort of  handy).  There are an equal number of positive aspects of course, but folks tend to forget about the downside. 

I was born psychic.  Seeing ghosts both friendly and unfriendly when I was 5 was most definitely not enjoyable.  Fortunately my mother found me a teacher back then. 

What usually happens I have found is that people start to open up with various spiritual practices, see something which deeply disturbs them or freaks them out (such as the list above), then forget it happened and shut back down.

The only things I have seen help folks see better is meditation and a stronger connection with Deity.  I'm sure there are other things as well, but those are the main ones. 

Drugs, well they can shut your mind up, and it is the mind that gets in the way.  However, not very useful if one has to take an 8 hour trip just to use the third eye.  In my opinion I mean, there are thousands upon thousands of Shamans who would very heartily disagree with me. 

Have you found a way to help these people/ spirits?

Have others?