Hypnagog

Opening the Third Eye: Spiritual Sight

Oh and I forgot. What do you mean with "your western LSD approach to your western version of an eastern goal."?

Sounds like im unworthy of eastern methods. yes?

Reversing cause and effect...per Master Nan. Meaning that instead of accumulate merits to have the door to spirituality be open to you, by using drugs, the effect of spirituality becomes your cause. In standard normal cultivation process, your spirituality is the result of your cultivation and merits. In the "pill" culture, having spiritual experience is the cause instead. The cause to what?

Ah, I see. you make a very good point ChiForce, thank you.

However, It needs not be either way, this is what I meant when I advocated both the experimentation with psychedelics and the traditional approach. I also stated before that goals could be similar, but not exactly the same, the spiritual experience. We're talking about cultivating/opening the third-eye and a person trying both ways in parallel is able to gain insight into something others may not, and in turn share what's experienced with them, it's exploration for the sake of learning and experiencing something new, not for the sake of saying "well this is the most effective way to do it".

I don't want to come off as im just simply advocating the use of psychedelics to be a counter-culture apologist mouthpiece, or saying that they're superior, what I am trying to say is based on what we can research about them, they're well worth the shot. Do not mistake me for aTimothy Leary drone saying LSD will free your mind and give you a groovy time, that's just silly because in the end; there's gonna be a thousand fold ways of attaining a thousand fold different spiritual experiences and there's no arguing with each personal result.

This is also why I tried to divert the thread's focus from psychedelics to meditation and others, so we wouldn't stagnate in what I put forward.

• Like 1

Ah, I see. you make a very good point ChiForce, thank you.

However, It needs not be either way, this is what I meant when I advocated both the experimentation with psychedelics and the traditional approach. I also stated before that goals could be similar, but not exactly the same, the spiritual experience. We're talking about cultivating/opening the third-eye and a person trying both ways in parallel is able to gain insight into something others may not, and in turn share what's experienced with them, it's exploration for the sake of learning and experiencing something new, not for the sake of saying "well this is the most effective way to do it".

I don't want to come off as im just simply advocating the use of psychedelics to be a counter-culture apologist mouthpiece, or saying that they're superior, what I am trying to say is based on what we can research about them, they're well worth the shot. Do not mistake me for aTimothy Leary drone saying LSD will free your mind and give you a groovy time, that's just silly because in the end; there's gonna be a thousand fold ways of attaining a thousand fold different spiritual experiences and there's no arguing with each personal result.

This is also why I tried to divert the thread's focus from psychedelics to meditation and others, so we wouldn't stagnate in what I put forward.

Here is a test. When the third eye is open, it would reveal to you about the nature of your suffering, in relation to your social surrounding. You may adapt different identities as a result because you are no longer seeing yourself as your previous socially conditioned old self. You are adapting a different world perspectives (could be historical from different times and cultures or human races) to see the world around you. This will cause certain sacrifice on your part. Why? Because you are no longer the same person the world is expecting you to behave. That's why. :) Now, the pill you are taking should reveal to you on the nature of your suffering and the means to tackle them. I hope it does. It does not, the pill isn't working. And you aren't on the path to the Tao. I hope you don't end up in believing in aliens and some spaceship coming to rescue you from your suffering.

Third eye..so you are supposed to see things automatically? Are you sure about this?

Sitting in the darkroom retreat, listening to the intitiated students talking to the master about soaring the cosmos - seeing the planets they were visiting on will I felt unengaged. It felt like being back in kindergarten looking at the grown up trying to please. I stink at it obviously.

My experience with the third eye was not visual, even if I tend to use visual image to share. Oh sure electricity can be seen, is what you see... ..but what really happens?

It was energetic and functional and did not lead to an out of body experience, rather it led to an expanded awareness that finally extinguished the boarders built by ordinary speech patterns. It also included nonconceptual awareness.(con isn't that an american word by the way? conman..contradictory..consciousness..) the inclusion of "the other" was possible due to the extinction of the mental hassle and lag linked to the attributes flawing the patterns of guttural speech.

I see

no way I can only be a slave of my own translations

Edited by rain
  • Like 1

Third eye..so you are supposed to see things automatically? Are you sure about this?

Sitting in the darkroom retreat, listening to the intitiated students talking to the master about soaring the cosmos - seeing the planets they were visiting on will I felt unengaged. It felt like being back in kindergarten looking at the grown up trying to please. I stink at it obviously.

My experience with the third eye was not visual, even if I tend to use visual image to share. Oh sure electricity can be seen, is what you see... ..but what really happens?

It was energetic and functional and did not lead to an out of body experience, rather it led to an expanded awareness that finally extinguished the boarders built by ordinary speech patterns. It also included nonconceptual awareness.(con isn't that an american word by the way? conman..contradictory..consciousness..) the inclusion of "the other" was possible due to the extinction of the mental hassle and lag linked to the attributes flawing the patterns of guttural speech.

I see

no way I can only be a slave of my own translations

Were they on "pills?" Is more like "visionary wisdom." In some cases, personally, I have one supernatural encounter. I think my spirit guide (could be my past life self) appeared by my bedside while I was partially asleep and awakened. I just saw this young man standing by my bedside with a radiant golden glow. I was literally having this vision and experience in my room. He didn't say much but he showed me wisdom. After he was done, I woke up and freaked out somewhat.

Edited by ChiForce

no idea. I think not. but they may have been americans B)

Edited by rain
  • Like 1

Guest Jason Croft

I wanted to start a practical discussion group on third eye phenomenon. I experience seeing colors and lights in my internal an external environments. I wanted to know other people with this "clairvoyant" sight and when it appeared, how it felt, and what helped refine and expand this vision.

My experience is as follows:

-A violet or purple light when I close my eyes and begin meditation, which often gets brighter as the meditation continues and shifts color.

-Patterns of violet, green, yellow, and red light morphing in my external environment, especially visible against blank surfaces (ceilings, walls).

-Flashes of pink and violet light in my peripheral vision when I do Qi Gong.

-Flashes of violet light in my peripheral before and resulting in out of body experience.

-A white glow surrounding individuals with flashes of colors along certain portions of their body (all colors in the spectrum show)

-Complex patterns of light and geometry that last for brief, yet impressionable, seconds during meditation or trance states.

What helps brings on these effects is a nice relaxed state during mediation, while I am bathing or in the shower, during gi gong, a bodywork session, or even when I am simply being attentive in my everyday life.

I would like to expand this vision so I can see a wider range of color in the aura, and into the energetic and spiritual bodies of things (not just outside aura).

This started happening to me 2 years ago and has just gotten more and more vivid. I just turned 20 last month.

What are your experiences? I would love more advanced practitioners and visionaries to share their insight into this spiritual organ as well as reports from novices like myself. How old were you when in started, what were you doing? What helped expand it? Any tidbit of wisdom to share?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a nature of colors that relates to a system of crystals found at different layers within the earth and in nature being: red, orange , yellow, green, blue, violet, ultraviolet going to what we call as white light coming from the sun.

It is the same order as the colors found in the rainbow.

By the way - I also see colors to when I meditate - I use a very deep form of meditation that requires quite a bit of mental discipline in order to do correctly - and - used for astral projection called the Savansana or corpse pose - here is a bit more on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavasana

In my opinion I think that to correctly do the Savansana, the practitioner needs to begin with the mental process focused on relaxing each and every muscle in the body, including facial and scalp muscles and including the brain area of the head. I also give particular importance to the timing of the year - particularly to, what the Chinese call "Dong Zhi but also translates as Eastern Child..." or Chinese new year which westerners place to be around the timing of Easter. I would highly recommend reading about the astronomical event known as the solstice here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice . . . In China, the Dong Zhi is related to the ending of life and the beginning of new life - I've observed that there are more funerals at this time in China - which is where I live (I'm from USA).

• Like 1

Thank you everyone with the practical advice, I will keep up my work! A dedicated cultivation practice is all it takes, Spirit will unwind the rest. My "kundalini" awoke when I was 17 - quite the experience! I was sitting by a campfire ( sober) and all of a sudden a voice entered my consciousness:
"your visions are a gift from god"
"huh" I thought, "who is this"
"it is I" Spoke the fire.
Immediately my attention went into the flames. I sunk deeper and deeper into the coals. My hands and feet grew lighter, my awareness constricted like spandex. A beam of light strung with glowing seeds leapt from the flame, bursting into my belly button. A golden snake rocketed up my spinal cord consuming my consciousness. The voice of the flame spoke again:
"I am here, ascension is now - how far do you want to go? I will take you there" This rung and echoed in my head, as more of the light licked up my spine.
I had been speaking to spirits my whole life. But without realizing it. This was the first time it was explicitly clear. I was afraid. I had read of yogis who went crazy from kundalini awakenings. So I told it:
"Not all the way, I am not ready."
The spirit complied, planting it's awareness in my mind for a few more minutes before receding, and exiting my body through my belly button.

It is interesting someone mentioned that they saw as I child and then a trauma had it "closed" I am pretty sure something of this sort happened to me because when I look to my earliest memories I see a lot of streams of light and spirits and ghosts flitting in my childhood memory, I chalked it up to "imagination" until I started seeing this again.
A open communication with Deity helps tremendously in my journey.

Also: Who said anything about pills. I am not an LSD advocate. But just as I take herbs for my health I will take plants with psychoactive properties. They do not "dirty" the body. Far from it. It is also intrinsically alien and different experience than that of meditation. The spirits and chi that live in these psychoactive plants are entities and healers in their own right. You are not taking a drug to get "high" and experience heightened mental states. You are temporarily fusing your consciousness with another - the deva or spirit of the medicine plant.
Together you go on a transformational journey. If you imbibe with reverence the caretakers of these resonances aid in unwinding your karmic experience share some of their vibrational reality, even planting technique and awareness in your energy fields.
Those that have not experienced the medicine or seen the poison these medicines will purge cannot speak. For they are ignorant of such things. This not a bad thing - they simply are speaking from ignorance. Why assume authority on something you have no authority over.
But yes - you must be careful. These medicines care little for the human physical condition - they are alien to our physical bodies. They will warn you if you abuse them, but if you are disconnected from Spirit many will not heed their warnings. Tread carefully, with reverence! I suggest you research native and traditional practices on such things if you are interested.
It is a path I have tread but not often, a couple times a year at most. Not for my whole life for sure. ANYWAY
Love love love
Thank you thank you

Hrmmm...

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things

Thus, constantly free of desire
One observes its wonders
Constantly filled with desire
One observes its manifestations

These two emerge together but differ in name
The unity is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

Rant:

I remember when I first began meditating, I use to smoke some weed from time to time. I remember coming home one night from a buddies house high as a kite. I feel asleep and awoke around 4 AM that night after I found myself jolting back into my body from my crown. I felt electricity all on my left side. I felt as if I had went out of body and came back. Mind you I was not practicing any grounding techniques back then and this scared the crap out of me. I haven't smoked pot since. Well over two years nor do I care to.

Another friend of mine had tried LSD once. She was in college and was in the forest that night. She explained how she could literally see energy emanating from the red wood trees and could see the aura of others as well. This allowed her to realize that there is more to life than meets the eye to say the least. She was happy about her experience, but it did not have a long lasting impression on her sense of self. Metaphorically speaking, it was just a brick in the road.

I also had another friend who had claimed to try DMT as well as many other hallucinogens. She had plenty of spiritual experiences and even met Lucifer himself apparently. But her sense of self, the inner 'I', did not evolve or make her a joy to be around nor did it reduce her sense of suffering. It was merely an amusement ride. But there is a interesting book out there known as the 'Spirit Molecule'. I have never read it though.

@ChiForce, your idea of merit truly depends on the culture in which one is raised in and is taught in the West, but is not held as a necessity. I can agree to a certain extent as to why using drugs is looked down upon. Having access to a realm in which many people tend to work towards, to earn so to speak, seems like a great way to cultivate responsibility and integrity at the same time. Such traits that tend to be lacking in neophites and drug abusers. I know that many esoteric schools usually train their neophites for a certain period of time to garner self-respect and responsibility before they begin to even study the 'mysteries'. You can read all about it concerning Free Masonry and many of the old esoteric schools in Europe like the Pythagoreans as well as most Shaman sects.

But the idea of merit being necessary will obviously not stop anyone with the 'balls' from exploring and seeking. Merit is simply a self-check for one to express integrity as well as virtue. The dangers of playing with energy, working with spirits, and practicing magick are numerous. Hence why there is so many cults and individuals seeking power; knowledge being power and realizing 'God' or the Tao, or whatever name that one identifies with, brings said person that much closer to manifesting a higher understanding of themselves and why they may be alive; essentially finding themselves. It is usually why many people even try drugs, to begin and try to understand themselves. Unfortunately, I have learned that many love the 'power' they may find in practicing esoteric arts, but some people also hate themselves as well, which I am assuming is why MERIT is something that is taught in mystery schools and monasteries. So the practitioner does not destroy themselves, but rather values the idea of self-esteem and self-respect.

@Hypnagog, I find it very interesting that you did not want to be 'fully' awakened, I think it scares some people to know how feeble we may be as humans and how close we are to the God's but how blind we are at the same time. From what I have studied and read, awakening never seems to happen on it's own by mere will. Usually a person is either born with spiritual gifts, they are assisted by a higher being, or they chemically induce a different state of awareness through drug use that tends to stick with the person after the drug is long gone. But I have yet to read or know someone that has 'opened' or manifested any spiritual gift on their own. Hopefully i can be proven wrong. Depending on one's school of thought, even in black magick or nuetral schools of magick, there is usually a spirit or entity that is used for gaining access to abilities that tends to possess an individual after a while if one is not careful. But needless to say, opening the third eye to me is something that happens when it is suppose to happen in my opinion. Seeking abilities through entities and constant drug use is something I would not advocate personally, reason being it is not 'my' gift, but some one else's. lolz.

• Like 2

Well Dragon it was simple. The goal is not advancement or ability. That is hunger. Why did I not want to ascend fully, in that moment? It was not my time. There are many moments. I was with my parents in the woods. I did not want to separate my human awareness there, and then. They have no grasp on these realms and I would rather not be evaluated and drugged. I was a minor nd still subject to their authority. This was the first clear communion I received. The path of the human is a powerful one. I simply chose to walk it awhile longer. Push push push and you will end up a "burn out." You often hear of this about people you have taken too much LSD. But it is very possible without drugs as well. That is why there is a spiritual science. If you take too much on at once and push too hard you will cause brain damage.. This isn't a dash to the finish line. It's a leisurely walk, slow and powerful.
The shamanic path is one that has called me many times. Yet requires a full cross over into spirit. Not just "projection." You give up a portion of your humanity to commune fully with these realms in body and spirit. I will walk as a human, on my path of cultivation, awhile longer. It is not merely profound clairvoyance that makes a shaman. It is a pact with the unknown.

Edited by Hypnagog
  • Like 3

Well Dragon it was simple. The goal is not advancement or ability. That is hunger. Why did I not want to ascend fully, in that moment? It was not my time. There are many moments. I was with my parents in the woods. I did not want to separate my human awareness there, and then. They have no grasp on these realms and I would rather not be evaluated and drugged. I was a minor nd still subject to their authority. This was the first clear communion I received. The path of the human is a powerful one. I simply chose to walk it awhile longer. Push push push and you will end up a "burn out." You often hear of this about people you have taken too much LSD. But it is very possible without drugs as well. That is why there is a spiritual science. If you take too much on at once and push too hard you will cause brain damage.. This isn't a dash to the finish line. It's a leisurely walk, slow and powerful.

The shamanic path is one that has called me many times. Yet requires a full cross over into spirit. Not just "projection." You give up a portion of your humanity to commune fully with these realms in body and spirit. I will walk as a human, on my path of cultivation, awhile longer. It is not merely profound clairvoyance that makes a shaman. It is a pact with the unknown.

Here it goes. I don't want to sound blunt but you sound like you are telling what the spirit should do and not to do. I mean, seriously, can you even have the power to instruct the spirit? It is almost like the spirit is begging you to walk the path. Well, for me, I don't believe you have a choice when you have been called. The spirit has a higher consciousness than you and they know things and paths that you don't. They are preparing a future for you in which you can't comprehend with your current consciousness. You just have to surrender yourself to them when you are called. Here, this is when your original nature plays a crucial role in your quest. If you have the "stuff," you will survive this quest unharmed and would become a greater person. If not, harms will follow you. Is so simple.

• Like 1

Tis possible to keep postponing, to barter for time, when one doesnt feel ready.

One's readiness level will be worked on, if the destiny is there.

Tis possible to keep postponing, to barter for time, when one doesnt feel ready.

One's readiness level will be worked on, if the destiny is there.

But if you aren't ready, why in the world the spirit is constantly harassing you to join the path? It makes no sense.

It makes no sense.

Excellent! One has to get used to this confounding of the logical mind in this process... it only takes fifty five thousand million trillion times for things to appear outside the bounds of usual conventions of 'sense' for one to begin to feel a tiny bit less disoriented in the world of spirit, apparently. Those are the scientific numbers.

• Like 1

Another friend of mine had tried LSD once. She was in college and was in the forest that night. She explained how she could literally see energy emanating from the red wood trees and could see the aura of others as well. This allowed her to realize that there is more to life than meets the eye to say the least. She was happy about her experience, but it did not have a long lasting impression on her sense of self. Metaphorically speaking, it was just a brick in the road.

I also had another friend who had claimed to try DMT as well as many other hallucinogens. She had plenty of spiritual experiences and even met Lucifer himself apparently. But her sense of self, the inner 'I', did not evolve or make her a joy to be around nor did it reduce her sense of suffering. It was merely an amusement ride. But there is a interesting book out there known as the 'Spirit Molecule'. I have never read it though.

See this is an interesting couple of anecdotes, to me they speak of how these drugs are a key of sorts to go through that pineal door. It doesn't mean whoever is taking them is prepared to experience what's on the other side, to comprehend what's been revealed to them, maybe it's because it takes the right purpose in taking them, as well as the right mental state to embrace the third eye experience.

I think they act like eyeglasses allowing us to focus our vision into seeing things we would not normally be able to see.Putting them on does not guarantee you'd be able to understand and learn from what you're seeing and feeling. It seems to me one requires to be in tune to be able to learn, otherwise you'd be having -as you said it- an amusement ride.

Further testing required, better comprehension needed. Information, Information, Information hoooooooooooo!

• Like 1

Excellent! One has to get used to this confounding of the logical mind in this process... it only takes fifty five thousand million trillion times for things to appear outside the bounds of usual conventions of 'sense' for one to begin to feel a tiny bit less disoriented in the world of spirit, apparently. Those are the scientific numbers.

Actually, the OP is sounding logical here and trying to negotiate with the spirit. Or to barter for time like you said. What conditions you have to begin with that gives you the ability to barter with a spirit??? It is almost like the OP is talking to his boss or his father. What the OP is doing makes no sense "from the standpoint of the spirit." I have already said that you, a mere mortal, can't not comprehend what the spirit knows. Therefore, you can't negotiate or barter with the spirit. You have to do what you have been called to. I believe this is called "faith." Faith in yourself and the spirit being.

• Like 1

She had plenty of spiritual experiences and even met Lucifer himself apparently. But her sense of self, the inner 'I', did not evolve or make her a joy to be around nor did it reduce her sense of suffering. It was merely an amusement ride.

Spiritual tourism. About the 'a joy to be around' comment.. I find that very moving... joy is palpable when things are going right in this field. Its a sign and wonder!

• Like 1

Actually, the OP is sounding logical here and trying to negotiate with the spirit. Or to barter for time like you said. What conditions you have to begin with that gives you the ability to barter with a spirit??? It is almost like the OP is talking to his boss or his father. What the OP is doing makes no sense "from the standpoint of the spirit." I have already said that you, a mere mortal, can't not comprehend what the spirit knows. Therefore, you can't negotiate or barter with the spirit. You have to do what you have been called to. I believe this is called "faith." Faith in yourself and the spirit being.

Its the same as 'talking to god'.. we are part of spirit, we arent separate from spirit, and we need not be in any oppositional connection, we can embody harmony and respect and still 'ask for time'... I've done it a couple of times, and given reasons. Not in any dictatorial way or power holding way.... that's not up to much as a way of relating to anyone or anything, or to ourselves, is it.

I think each postponement is for some of us a part of the initiation. It's a process. Like a lover asking for the hand in marriage of the beloved, every third sunday, untill the day comes when the Yes is uttered. Readiness is all. The process contributes to the readiness.

• Like 1

I have already said that you, a mere mortal, can't not comprehend what the spirit knows. Therefore, you can't negotiate or barter with the spirit. You have to do what you have been called to. I believe this is called "faith." Faith in yourself and the spirit being.

Point, how does one even barter with a spirit? "Okay I have a vacuum cleaner here and I ain't affraid to use it, back the f#ck up Casper."

Unless... Cat know something we don't and he's holding out on it.

Point, how does one even barter with a spirit? "Okay I have a vacuum cleaner here and I ain't affraid to use it, back the f#ck up Casper."

Unless... Cat know something we don't and he's holding out on it.

I am not a he.

Do you mean you think no conversation could ever be mutual with spirit, that we are not listened to?

• Like 1

I am not a he.

Woops, sorry matter of habit.

Do you mean you think no conversation could ever be mutual with spirit, that we are not listened to?

Well maybe I don't know, never tried it; but you cleared out your meaning for me on your previous post anyways.

I am not a he.

Maybe on the more personal spirit guide like your deceased relatives and close friends. A deity? Doubt it. You may only see them once, if you are lucky.