RiverSnake

Scarlet Imprint: Occult Literature

Felt like a gitty teenage boy when I saw that Nephilheim has started offering there sold out hardcover books on Amazon as paperback. Also there new book Ritual Offerings looks quite cool. :)

https://nephilimpress.com

Really aiming for that gothic crowd. Good folks though over there though, ordered a couple of hardcopies of Gates Through Stone last year.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the link to the publishing house, I just bought Alchemy Rising: The Green Book by Heliophilus.

I've read a lot of modern alchemical rubbish, but this is the first author I've seen to have a chapter on specifically on First Entities -- which is an actual alchemical preparation, rather than the common spagyric tinctures, essences, & so-called 'plant stones'.

Also in my five years book buying, it's the first time I've seen or even heard of 'The Plant Phoenix'.

So overall, it looks like it might be a good investment.

If I remember, and people are interested, I can give a reveiw on it down the road.

• Like 2

Then you would be very interested to read The Hermes Paradigm, Book 2 by Rubaphilos Salfluere. He goes into great detail on this preparation.

UFA

I've been meaning to look into Rubaphilos' work, so thanks  for the recommendation :)

I've been meaning to look into Rubaphilos' work, so thanks  for the recommendation :)

Get it from Weiser, not Salamander Press. They are taking people's money but are not fulfilling orders.

UFA

• Like 2

I just received The Green Book in the mail, but have only had the chance to skim through it.

So far, on a very superficial level, it seems Heliophilus takes different vegetable processes, explains their basics and applies them to work with Blood, but through indirect expression rather then a direct step-by-step explanation of the blood-work.

Edited by viator

I just received The Green Book in the mail, but have only had the chance to skim through it.

So far, on a very superficial level, it seems Heliophilus takes different vegetable processes, explains their basics and applies them to work with Blood, but through indirect expression rather then a direct step-by-step explanation of the blood-work.

Oh now that's a twist I didn't expect. How much of the focus of this book is on the animal work?

Very interesting.

UFA

From just a superficial skimming, there is a quote from Paracelsus on the Quintessence extracted from Blood, but a whole chapter dedicated to the creation of a Mandragore, or a Lesser Homonculus, as Heliophilus calls it.

It also appears that the author quotes quite a bit from Paracelsus.

I wish I had three hands so I could give them titles three thumbs up! 

• Like 1