LBDaoist

The Ultimate Tao, In One Simple Statement

You are either cultivating life, or hastening death. Everything else is a distraction to obscure the one true reality.

Discuss as you see fit.

• Like 2

I wish to discuss cultivating life, my life as a Chinaman stuck in this reality.

I have no idea how and why this reality came to be with me stuck in it.

Do you have any idea?

I just repeat I as every thought is based on I and so I is the root and hold onto the root I and dig the root I deeper to found out its source.

Emptiness is the goal, Meditation is the method.

The greatest method is no method, for it is essentially a straight path.

In fact it is not even a path, it is the direct and practical manifestation of nothingness.

In fact, it is not even a manifestation. It IS nothingness.

In fact, it is not even NOTHINGNESS, it is that which lies beyond nothingness.

Isn't the purpose of cultivating life is hastening death.....???

A man shooting krokodil is hastening death but can you call that cultivating life?

Emptiness is the goal, Meditation is the method.

The greatest method is no method, for it is essentially a straight path.

In fact it is not even a path, it is the direct and practical manifestation of nothingness.

In fact, it is not even a manifestation. It IS nothingness.

In fact, it is not even NOTHINGNESS, it is that which lies beyond nothingness.

am confus.

A man shooting krokodil is hastening death but can you call that cultivating life?

oops....I lost my head when I said that. I didn't think of what the word meant...... :D

I thought it was the word "hesitant".

that was nice. I read Ulysses in a cabin in the wilderness of Alaska just south of the steepest mountain in the world. A good trance read indeed.

Ulysses. A western soliloquy: stream of consciousness expression in a state of abandon with no regard for grammatical formalities of writing or personal censorship.

The Tao Te Ching, on the other hand, is carefully crafted traditional classical Chinese thought expounding the Way unconnected with the decadent nature of human bestiality.

If one can't see the difference, then its Pooh Bear seeking validation scarfing down kung pau chicken and pork fried rice.

You are either cultivating life, or hastening death. Everything else is a distraction to obscure the one true reality.

Discuss as you see fit.

I take from this that life is choice , we can choose to partake in activities which cultivate life/Tao. Or we can choose to do things which are not in our best interest and thus bring death closer. By saying everything else is a distraction that obscures one true reality/Tao is showing us that our one and only true activity in this incarnation is to pursue the only reality which is the Tao. Everything else in life is just filler , if you will. Daily as Taoist we must make a strong effort to cultivate The Tao in our hearts and minds. Thus, we can achieve reunion...

The Ultimate Tao, In One Simple Statement

Discuss as you see fit.

The Topmost Tao is greater than The Ultimate Tao

The Topmost Tao is greater than The Ultimate Tao

How do you compare the Topmost and the Ultimate Tao; are there more than two Tao.....????

Edited by ChiDragon

There is no "I." Try to find it when you enter the "stream":

streamentry.jpg

You can't :)

maybe not with the naked eye... but the parts are still there and in their own individual place!

The Tao is the I, the parts are the We/us.

it could be said, and without distinction: "We are." if you prefer.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

The ultimate "tao" is its being what it is: It does not need do anything, and therefore everything gets done.

xxx

Tao is a limitation of the mind... Dao is part of the greater whole... This can't really be explained; well it can be but it is usually a useless discussions. It is either understood or not; and I don't mean understood in simply a physical meaning/emotion/logic.

• Like 1