SecretGrotto

Spiritual Eye (Blue Pearl) in Taoist literature

What is the official terminology for the spiritual eye in Taoist literature?

Where can I read more on the Taoist interpretation of this vision?

post-100385-0-31317600-1365095338_thumb.png

My interpretation of the spiritual eye, which may be wrong or superficial.

"The Trinity is reflected as spiritual-physical feature in the physical self, since it is seen as the spiritual eye, a tri-colored pattern of a golden circle surrounding a field of deep blue with a five-pointed star in its center. This is a reflection of the life-energy that enters the medulla oblongata, the negative pole of ego-consciousness, and is seen in the positive pole located between the eyebrows.

The golden circle is the higher astral sphere of consciousness, the blue field inside the circle is the sphere of Christ-consciousness and the white center star is the highest sphere of God-consciousness.

When this spiritual eye is beheld imperfectly, it is seen as a dim violet light with a faint surrounding circle and center dot."

Edited by SecretGrotto
  • Like 1

Is this something that manifests spontaneously during meditation? Is it an image that one consciously focuses upon?

It manifests spontaneously and is universally experienced in humans.

It is one of the more prominent and important of spiritual experiences, I think, that is universally experienced.

The adogmatic adept Robert Bruce notably lassoes the center star with mental imagery during high-level

projection to enter the realm of God, together with intra-projection charging of the middle dan tien.

I draw my analogy to the Christian Trinity of God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness and the Holy Spirit

from the Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda.

What is remarkable about this vision is that it is a living reflection of one's higher sheaths or bodies, a direct

visual confirmation of one's divinity. And as Robert Bruce has shown us, it is responds to intent and is a

road map and target board for one's development.

That is very inspiring cat, you are very blessed.

More from the Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda:

The door to heaven, through which one can enter the divine spheres consciously, and as a welcome visitor, is the spiritual eye
in the Christ center in the forehead. The eye of mythological Cyclops is true in concept, but as a spiritual, not a malevolent, instrument of perception. The third eye of the gods is a more accurate depiction: The aspect of God as Lord Shiva - God's power of dissolution for the renewal of created forms - for example, is shown with two physical eyes and one divine eye in the middle of the forehead. Similarly, in astral beings the two physical eyes are but faintly visible, their sight is through the single intuitive spiritual eye. Those who are advanced enough to peer into the physical cosmos from their heavenly home open the two eyes when they want to see the relativity of matter. All saints, also, receive their communion with God and the supernal realms through the spiritual eye. The eyes of saints in ecstatic communion are always upturned, locked in that center of divine perception.
By the right method of meditation and devotion, with the eyes closed and concentrated on the spiritual eye, the devotee knocks at the gates of heaven. When the eyes are focused and still, and the breath and mind are calm, a light begins to form in the forehead. Eventually , with deep concentration, the tricolored light of the spiritual eye becomes visible. Just seeing the single eye is not enough; it is more difficult for the devotee to go into that light. But by practice of the higher methods, such as Kriya Yoga, the consciousness is led inside the spiritual eye, into another world of vaster dimensions.
In the gold halo of the spiritual eye, all creation is perceived as the vibratory light of the Holy Ghost. The blue light of the Christ Consciousness is where the angels and deity agents of God's individualized powers of creation, preservation, and dissolution abide - as well as the most highly evolved saints. Through the white light of the spiritual eye, the devotee enters Cosmic Consciousness; he ascends unto God the Father.
Science itself confirms that with our limited senses we perceive only a certain range of vibrations of matter: We do not perceive it as its constituent dancing electrons, and the solid body as an electromagnetic wave. In the spiritual eye, the veritable darkness of physical light disappears and the electronic and astral lifetronic nature of substances is perceived through the sixth sense of intuition. The materially formidable firmament between heaven and earth becomes only a diaphanous veil revealing astral scenes and beings. When I enter the sanctuary of meditation and peer through the portals of the spiritual eye, in a trice the lights of the material creation around me vanish and I am in that other world. The ordinary astral phenomena hold no interest for me, but it is the greatest joy to be in the presence of the angelic saints and of the Mother of the Universe.

the spectrogram of serotonin is blue and so the lower body serotonin goes up into the brain and increases the blue light seen and also the bliss.

• Like 1

I only have two physical books on my shelf, one is the Bible and the other is

The Second Coming of Christ. (The rest of my 100+ books are Kindles,

PDFs and Djvu's.)

The SCC is monumentally sublime, 1500+ pages of the most condensed

spiritual insight you will read anywhere, highly recommended.

Edited by SecretGrotto

This is good info, thanks.

When I first saw the violet .. I told my then teacher, a taoist shaman, and I said I'd seen it and "I dont know what it is." I ended, lamely.

"I do." he said.

"what is it?" I pursued.

"Not telling." he said.

I evidently looked dismayed.

~"Next time, climb into it." he said.

Thats all the teaching I got on this from outside myself.

Have you got any more info, SecretGrotto?

Well, I guess you haven't read one of the most important taoism book: the secret of golden flower.

Since your third eye is kind of open, Wilhelm version won't help you much. The Cleary version is good.

Deci belle wrote many excellent articles about it in the forum. I just recently started applying. I haven't figure out exactly how it works yet.

• Like 1

I saw the blue and gold, while doing kriya yoga.

Didnt know what it was!

Same here (some time ago..)!

I found out about it later on written about and explained to me from different yogic sources .

Here its is how it is explainded in Kriya Yoga (the author is someone I dont know very well but have read some stuff from and appriciated it , but certanly dont buy everything he says -- had to state this to protect my coolnes factor)..http://www.sanskritclassics.com/OmPage.htm

just to mention that the spot - star of counciessnes is the 'blue dot 'or star ..

It is also meant to be the finest (as oppose to gross physical ) repersantation of being -- the casual , which means that this is taking place in casual body where all the karmic seeds are stored , where all posibilities grow or get weeded out or are stored .

This is our Garden (jungle in my case :D) .

So here is the quote that has some intersting stuff :

omsmallnew.gif

Explanatory Note: The physical body is the product of the inner Sound OM (Aum, Amen), which represents Babaji. The Kriya followers in Bengal, India used the Bengali script for OM, which contains Vibrations of Babaji.

The Spot represents the Star of Consciousness between the eyebrows and the aperture (Brahmarandhra) at the Head.

The semicircle represents the ethereal state of vibrations between the eyebrows and the Cervical Center.

The upper curve represents the subtle state of vibrations extending from the Cervical Center to the Lumbar Center

The lower curve of the script represents the gross (physical) state of vibrations extending from the Lumbar Center to the Coccygeal Center.

In fact, the entire Universe is in the Spinal Cord. That is why the body is called the Temple of the Lord.

Sorry if people are getting anoyed for posting this in Taoist forum I can erase it if required ..

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

When I first saw the violet .. I told my then teacher, a taoist shaman, and I said I'd seen it and "I dont know what it is." I ended, lamely.

"I do." he said.

"what is it?" I pursued.

"Not telling." he said.

I've had a few of these experiences myself.

Also, like you, at the times I didn't know what was happening, or what I should do. I was so taken back by the moment and by the unfamiliarity of the experience that I didn't press myself to go into this place.

I regret it because undoubtedly these rare moments had the potential to be the best , most mind blowing experiences of my practice in mysticism.

I forgot to mention this site http://www.yoganiketan.net/ which has some good free books to read , mainly explanations of yogic scriptures . Yoga Patanjali as explained by Lahiri Mhasay is my favourite , even in very first verse the star is mentioned as setteling into the state of samadhi.

• Like 1

What is the official terminology for the spiritual eye in Taoist literature?

Where can I read more on the Taoist interpretation of this vision?

attachicon.gifdownload.png

My interpretation of the spiritual eye, which may be wrong or superficial.

"The Trinity is reflected as spiritual-physical feature in the physical self, since it is seen as the spiritual eye, a tri-colored pattern of a golden circle surrounding a field of deep blue with a five-pointed star in its center. This is a reflection of the life-energy that enters the medulla oblongata, the negative pole of ego-consciousness, and is seen in the positive pole located between the eyebrows.

The golden circle is the higher astral sphere of consciousness, the blue field inside the circle is the sphere of Christ-consciousness and the white center star is the highest sphere of God-consciousness.

When this spiritual eye is beheld imperfectly, it is seen as a dim violet light with a faint surrounding circle and center dot."

Exactly how I see it. So what does that mean? Imperfectly? What did I miss?

"I do." he said.

"what is it?" I pursued.

"Not telling." he said.

So I see violet all the time when I am meditating or even when I sleep and the it is interesting to say the least. The energy it self seems to collapse into itself, sort of like a black hole, but it is continuous waves of violet in my minds eye...

I wish your teacher would had said more than climb into to it. ^_^ How? Why? What does it mean?

• Like 1

I wish your teacher would had said more than climb into to it. ^_^ How? Why? What does it mean?

Search for third eye on this forum. There are quite a few good suggestions by our knowledgeable members.

Get the Samual Sagan (spl?) book, you'll understand how to "climb" into it. "climb" isn't a good choice of word. I guess the teacher wasn't a native English speaker. Or one wanted to sound like Yoda "the dim blue dot, climb into it, you can't; the bright pearl, fly into it, you may." :)

• Like 1