DalTheJigsaw123

Tuning In - Spirit Channelers in America (I don't know if I should believe?) Do you?

I really doubt these channellers. Genuine channelling is probably possible. However...

How much of what these people are receiving is being warped by their mental hindrances? Surely accurate channelling would require an extraordinarily clear mind. I would only truly trust channelled material from somebody who has achieved shamatha. The average subconscious contains a maelstrom of nonsense, which communications would inevitably be twisted passing through.

Even if the channelled material isn't being warped, that doesn't mean it's all good teachings. Sure, they say some good stuff. However, people these days treat aliens and spirits as practically omniscient and infallible, but they aren't. Just because some exotic being says something - even if that being is more advanced than you - doesn't mean you should instantly believe it. Consider this - if you don't instantly agree with everything I say, why should that change if I died and spoke to you through a psychic?

Channellers have often been wrong. Blossom Goodchild is an obvious example, as is every channeller who promised an 'ascension' in 2012 - i.e. MOST of them. Channellers spout all kinds of bollocks these days, from mass ascension prophecies to hokum about '12 strand DNA' to the Law of Attraction (don't get me started LOL!).

As for the concept of 'guides', I really don't see why we should have a troupe of beings helping us like that. It seems very human-centric. Don't these beings have their own lives and families? Even if they want to help us, wouldn't they quickly realise that we need to learn to overcome things by ourselves for the most part? Sure, spirits may help occasionally, but the idea of them forming teams to watch over and assist individual people from birth to death is unrealistic. It under-estimates our ability to handle things, and over-estimates how willing spirits are to meddle with our affairs. As for the 'higher self', I think that's just a person tapping into their own subconscious, or having an epiphany, or an experience of greater mental clarity - and interpreting the (genuine) experience in an overly mystical way.

Finally, we mustn't forget those who alter their voice, claim they're channelling, and watch the dollars roll in; or those who believe they are channelling but are actually speaking from their own subconscious.

In conclusion, listen to channellers if you like, but be just as discerning as you'd be if it was a person talking to you normally.

Edited by Seeker of the Self

If 99.99% of people on this forum said this was nonsense as I think they have on another thread I made on the same subject, would that make it nonsense.

I started channeling several years ago after becoming kundalini active. Sometimes my posts on this forum are channeled, others are not. It is possible if someone has gone through much time and effort learning to get their own distorted views out of the way for the channeling spirit to have full sway. It's a vacancy that can be created within ourselves where nothing comes through but our higher self. (That's my own particular experience; I know others are inhabited by friendly and helpful entities that speak through them, e.g. Flowing Hands)

Unfortunately it's far too easy to end up with spirits in you, or attached to your aura. However, unless the person is very experienced and/or properly trained, they generally get whoever/whatever is standing around and closest by. There was a local woman we say die slowly over time from such things. It was pretty nasty. She would channel just any old random spirit, and thought they were all love and light... Aside from her feeling horrid, and we could tell when one was around, as she would feel 100 X more horrid, her roomate most definitely confirmed that who/what she was channeling was NOT for her best interest or health.

There's a good book called The Siren call of Hungry Ghosts which talks about such things. The author was part of a newage channeling group for quite some time, but then started to look into and question things. I would disagree with the author on only one thing, and that is he feels no one can ever actually get the correct ghost. Take Haiti for example, they train folks from early on how to do such things properly and under the guidance of a teacher. I spent some time there, and I would most definitely say they were not just faking it!

The part I like least about most channelers is that they think they are getting their "guides" or "angels" but it is more like a dead human who is well.. hungry.

Not something to learn from a book or a weekend workshop!

• Like 3