With an exuberant laughter and cake

Pleasure composed to bring gratification

As gentle heat warmed up their bellies

Cheers and delight became a second coming

As their hands went up in jubilation

Day was frozen still…

Leonid (Leon) Basin

• Like 2

Very interesting prose,...I don't get it,...sounds like an incoherent schizophenic rant-about,...but wanted to post to keep if visible on the first page so to read others opinions.

Keep in mind, that my critique of the imaginings of sentient beings and their relative viewpoints all appears schizophenic to me,...yet I'm always curious how they come up with the strange things they do.

For example, many sentient beings feel compelled to talk about the "heart"...as in "Their hearts opened up the chanting." How is it that sentient beings, meaning those attached to sentience, or the 6 senses of delusion, for their identity, bring up the term "heart" as if it could be understood through the 6 senses?

Basically, the title "Delight of Light" attracted me to open this thread,...yet the prose has nothing to do with "pure light." Light is a favorite subject of mine.
http://thetaobums.com/topic/19803-what-is-light/?hl=%22what+is+light%22

• Like 1

Very interesting prose,...I don't get it,...sounds like an incoherent schizophenic rant-about,...but wanted to post to keep if visible on the first page so to read others opinions.

Keep in mind, that my critique of the imaginings of sentient beings and their relative viewpoints all appears schizophenic to me,...yet I'm always curious how they come up with the strange things they do.

For example, many sentient beings feel compelled to talk about the "heart"...as in "Their hearts opened up the chanting." How is it that sentient beings, meaning those attached to sentience, or the 6 senses of delusion, for their identity, bring up the term "heart" as if it could be understood through the 6 senses?

Basically, the title "Delight of Light" attracted me to open this thread,...yet the prose has nothing to do with "pure light." Light is a favorite subject of mine.

Thank you? Lol! I understand what you are saying.

• Like 1

FORM IS void and void is form.

Why do people go on and on about "emptiness" as if it is the "only and ultimate truth" its not.

Passion is part of life, emotions and desires are part of life.

I get highly annoyed when people express their creativity and other people shit on it!

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 2

Why do people go on and on about "emptiness" as if it is the "only and ultimate truth" its not.

I get highly annoyed when people express their creativity and other people shit on it!

"Real Compassion...as light, has no hesitation, no inhibition about reflecting on things, it does not discriminate whether to reflect on a pile of shit or on a pile of rock or on a pile of diamonds. It reflects on everything it faces." Chögyam Trungpa

Relatively speaking, you (sinansencer) are void of any real compassion.

Because you have no clue what emptiness is, and thus obscured of any cognition regarding light or real compassion,...you lash out, as above,...protecting ego and the idea that ego can recognize truth.

All Buddha's and all known enlightened Beings, have said, as Shantideva, "The whole of the Bodhicharyvatara is geared toward prajna, the direct realization of emptiness, absolute bodhichitta, without which the true practice of compassion is impossible." But such is not palatable to ego,...and thus, as you admit, you get highly annoyed.

There are Two Empty's. There is relative empty,...such as Form is Empty, and Empty is Form,...and there is the Other Empty,...the Absolute Empty, which has nothing to do with Form, as the Tao has nothing to do with Yang.

Lao Tzu correctly said, "The Tao gives birth to One. One gives birth to yin and yang. Yin and yang give birth to all things....The Tao gives rise to all form, yet is has no form of its own."

The 6 senses are part of the delusion,...a part which keeps persons as yourself, fully ignorant of life.

Lao Tzu said, "the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

• Like 2

I like!!

• Like 1

Nice poem Leon.

Edited by sinansencer

Edited by sinansencer

Nice poem Leon.

What does that mean? "nice poem"....what is nice about it? What moved you to say it was nice? Did it bring your an epiphanic insight? Do you have any comprehension of what was being said? Did you find some sort of coherence from sentence to sentence,....or was your statement fully dishonest, and propelled from sentient compassion?