Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Too much Red Phoenix ?

I find Red Phoenix very relaxing and I find myself doing it whenever I want to relax (without the mundra). When I do it with the mundra, I will start spontaneously moving within 5 min. I am concerned about accumulating too much energy in the head, as I do not close down each time. So far, I am not experiencing any problems, but I want to avoid any trouble if I am doing something wrong here.

I also have practised RP in the way you describe, OP, and I didnt have any problems. I believe it is important to be in a heart centred space whilst doing this, with a corresponding frame of mind.

• Like 1

Not yet. Still doing RP1

ok - when you've "had enough" rp1, do #2. it balances. if you dont know how to do it, pm me :)

Bum:

You should've given me a shout-out!

And RP 2 just isn't being taught immediately--- and while I'm sure Max has his reasons, I agree completely with Joe that the two together seem to mitigate problems that can arise by practicing 1 alone... but again, I try to acknowledge/respect the pace that Max set. (But of course, if Joe is interested in passing it along...... ;) )

*Also-- I would suggest sticking to the 12/24/36 repetitions while you're still developing a sense for the practice... as that awareness deepens-- by all means, do away with rep-counting and give primacy to feeling. And Cat drawing attention to sincerity is important too--- make sure your RP session is not just a cerebral affair.

And you *should* be closing down everytime--- it's just not worth courting discomfort that can be easily avoided by being diligent and just the bringing energy down.

I-Jong can be an absolute lifesaver if you feel yourself getting foggy--- I always finish red phoenix work with i-jong. Always.

How is everything else going, bum?

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 2

Doing well balance. Practicing RP1 as well as 5 Elements and Golden Flower certainly does make Kunlun feel more of a complete system. I always thought just doing KL1 that I should be doing something else also. It has greatly sparked my interest in doing the practice again. I have been practicing almost daily now for 3 months. What's next?

Greetings. I was just reviewing the book as I feel the impulse towards Kunlun once again.

On page 84, the author says "do not practice more than once per day. Once per day is enough."

Just looking for clarification from practitioners. Does this injunction mean to perform one and only one practice per day (e.g. Kunlun sitting, 5 elements, Gold Flower, etc.) or not to have multiple sessions of each practice per day. So in that case one could do 5 elements, Gold Flower and Kunlun sitting in the same day provided it is a single session of each?

Experiential feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've done Kunlun, but don't have much experience w/ Red Phoenix. I do know that 'brain' based energy practices can potentially be higher risk then others. So be careful with them. More grounding and if things get strange -you feel hot or hyper- slow down or stop for a while. Unfortunately with Kunlun there's not much organizational support.

It's not a race. Slow, steady and grounded is the way to go.

For me it's simple. If I don't feel like practicing, I don't. I's great that I have the permission to take a day, 2 or maybe

4 days off. On 'off' days I still like to do RP- like I said it is very relaxing, and feels good. 1x a day is more than enough for me, total routine = I jong + 5 elements in the AM, KL1 + Golden flower in the PM. Sometimes it feels good just to go fishing with the neighbors. :D

Greetings. I was just reviewing the book as I feel the impulse towards Kunlun once again.

On page 84, the author says "do not practice more than once per day. Once per day is enough."

Just looking for clarification from practitioners. Does this injunction mean to perform one and only one practice per day (e.g. Kunlun sitting, 5 elements, Gold Flower, etc.) or not to have multiple sessions of each practice per day. So in that case one could do 5 elements, Gold Flower and Kunlun sitting in the same day provided it is a single session of each?

Experiential feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

each practice. I practice a few times a day when I can, but its not the same stuff, except for the utter and complete stillness, that's part of everything.

Sign in to follow this