Sign in to follow this  
death2cowards

Punishment for not doing the right thing..

What do you think is the punishment for not doing the right thing?

There is probably no right or wrong thing. Actions and affects. We try to use our experiences as best we can, and we try to be skilled in our behavior, but there is no way to predict the affects of anything we do.

• Like 2

An Old Cockney Chinaman, called Professor Chee Soo (who also, just so happened to be a Grandmaster in Taoist T'ai Chi Ch'uan & Kung Fu) taught us to:

Think Good - Think No Evil.

Do Good - Do Nothing Wrong.

Learn To Give, and Give, and Give, in Whatever Way You Can.

Cleanse Yourself of Your Emotions - Jealousy, Hate, Lust, Greed, etc.

Not a Bad Way to Live Your Life, most might agree.

Whilst a lot of Taoist Scholars might point out that there's no such thing as Good or Evil, Right or Wrong.

He was adamant that you reap what you sow, both individually and as a group.

Surely, if you always treat others as you yourself would like to be treated, then you cannot go far wrong.

Basher

• Like 1

What about when someone starts distancing from the concept of "Self" in the pursuit of true autonomy?

I don't know how that affects things LCH, as a Taoist you might "internally" distance yourself from your individual self.

But wouldn't other people (non-Taoists) still judge you to be responsible for your own actions ?

If you did something which they perceived as wrong / bad, wouldn't they attempt some form of retribution ?

Unless you can live like a hermit on a mountain top, would the world at large treat you any differently ?

Basher

Gurdjieff talks about objective knowledge. It's based on where your "I" is in your body-mind and so a person's intention is the electromagnetic "I" that sends out energy with their words or thoughts. So people say words but usually they hide the true intention of the words - or try to hide it. haha. The energy is "objective" in that it will resonate back to a person -- what is sent out is then reflected back -- but as resonance it is twice as strong.

So a qigong master can feel the pain of other people -- and so they have to process other people's pain if they cause pain. So the karma is very instantaneous while for most it is a delayed effect based on subconscious emotional blockages.

And so sometimes it make take generations for an effect -- humans have only been on Earth for a very small percentage of life on Earth.

Justice is blind but we can listen to justice -- this is called the "inner ear" method or "sound-current."

• Like 4

Interesting perspective !!! :ph34r:

Agree that we're all responsible for our own actions & the after-effects of those actions.

But how does that intergrate with the belief that all life is "one" ?

Regards

"Confuzzled" :wacko:

Gurdjieff talks about objective knowledge. It's based on where your "I" is in your body-mind and so a person's intention is the electromagnetic "I" that sends out energy with their words or thoughts. So people say words but usually they hide the true intention of the words - or try to hide it. haha. The energy is "objective" in that it will resonate back to a person -- what is sent out is then reflected back -- but as resonance it is twice as strong.

So a qigong master can feel the pain of other people -- and so they have to process other people's pain if they cause pain. So the karma is very instantaneous while for most it is a delayed effect based on subconscious emotional blockages.

And so sometimes it make take generations for an effect -- humans have only been on Earth for a very small percentage of life on Earth.

Justice is blind but we can listen to justice -- this is called the "inner ear" method or "sound-current."

This really deserves its own thread. :)

The consequences of those actions (ie. cause and effect) and the guilt associated, which potentially affects you in the afterlife/next life depending on what you believe.

The consequences of those actions (ie. cause and effect) and the guilt associated, which potentially affects you in the afterlife/next life depending on what you believe.

Agreed, but what about all those Criminal Scumbags who don't feel the least bit Guilty about their various "Crimes" and are simply out for All they can get for themselves in this Life. Who probably, if they ever thought about it, wouldn't believe in the hereafter.

Can Kharmic "retribution" be relied upon ?

Agreed, but what about all those Criminal Scumbags who don't feel the least bit Guilty about their various "Crimes" and are simply out for All they can get for themselves in this Life. Who probably, if they ever thought about it, wouldn't believe in the hereafter.

Most of the traditions I'm familiar with would say they still feel guilt, but it's buried deep beneath their ego, which feeds their delusion. At death they would see it for what it really is.

I personally believe that karma is like an echo.

The spirit and emotion we emit when we do things is echoed in this universe and reflect back to us. The micro and macro so to speak.

So a better saying would be only manifest your true self so the universe can reflect that back and show you the of truth all.

Edited by puretruth01

not doing the right things is so painful, it really really hurts... whenever one is in a position to feel it.. wether thats now, later or after the physical passes.

Not doing the right thing is the punishment, aware or not, mind can verify any action but the energy or intent of the action can be seen before it becomes manifest and the return is set in motion before the action or thought shows up in the physical world.The reflection, echo or shadow effect takes place.

Power. profit, greed, fear these type of things are all mistakes to be moved into action by and it happens every day in America, Profit before human and planet health like Monsanto food chem lab,That energy feild and ones like it make it very uncomfortable in this society and its not the common real people of america that suck, Its that damn sick energy field of of self interest

I maybe able to live in this world and outside of it at the same time but I am concerned for others unaware. Do you every feel like some beings around you are just ghost and the light has just been sucked out of them.

• Like 1

An Old Cockney Chinaman, called Professor Chee Soo (who also, just so happened to be a Grandmaster in Taoist T'ai Chi Ch'uan & Kung Fu) taught us to:

Think Good - Think No Evil.

Do Good - Do Nothing Wrong.

Learn To Give, and Give, and Give, in Whatever Way You Can.

Cleanse Yourself of Your Emotions - Jealousy, Hate, Lust, Greed, etc.

Not a Bad Way to Live Your Life, most might agree.

Whilst a lot of Taoist Scholars might point out that there's no such thing as Good or Evil, Right or Wrong.

He was adamant that you reap what you sow, both individually and as a group.

Surely, if you always treat others as you yourself would like to be treated, then you cannot go far wrong.

Basher

If I am an evil drug dealer who seeks to make profit off others by hooking others on drugs, then I would want others to take my life in order to prevent myself from heaping more misery upon others.

There is no such thing as Good or Evil. Good and Evil are manmade concepts.,

There is only Enlightenment and non-Enlightenment.

If I have to commit other evil in order to help myself or other people attain Enlightenment, then this is a worthy act.

Plenty of Taoist Sages, Buddhas and other Enlightened Beings have done plenty of evil acts in order to awaken their students.

Ask any True Teacher of Spirituality and Enlightenment on how they inflict pain on their students in order to test their resolve and will.

If I am an evil drug dealer who seeks to make profit off others by hooking others on drugs, then I would want others to take my life in order to prevent myself from heaping more misery upon others.

Good point. Psychically orchestrating one's own death in response to dire circumstances. Hardly surprising when you start to recognise it.

Do you every feel like some beings around you are just ghost and the light has just been sucked out of them.

Makes it easier to understand, when you realise this is what has happened.

From what I've seen in my few decades here and the study of history, I'd say no. Still, our 'job' is to live well, not play karmic avenger or waste time in other peoples business. We can never know the full story or what's completely in another heart.

Right/Wrong is subjective.

It is depended on your own beliefs of what is right or wrong.

Sign in to follow this