Lin- I really enjoyed your recent talks- Understanding Detachment and Transforming Adversity.

Β 

I am still listening to the newest one, Ending Re-Birth in One Lifetime.

Β 

Just wanted to let you know that your effort is enjoyed and valued.

Β 

I feel that those two talks, Detachment and Adversity, go well together....

Β 

Listening helped me refine my understanding of both and how to use detachment to transform adversity.

Β 

So often, I forget that perceptions/ judgements are so malleable.

Β 

I appreciate the reminder.

Β 

Hehe, whenever you get around to doing the TTC commentary, I will listen!

Β 

Every talk you have done has been excellent.

Β 

Thanks again!

Β 

Peace.

• Like 3

A suggestion: an episode on emptiness, what it means in the Buddhadharma, and the various types of emptiness that occurs during meditation. There are many who talk about experiencing emptiness but I'm sure if that's merely a first step in the way of cultivation.

• Like 2

New Expedient Means:

Β 

Family and Cultivation

One of the best episodes for those who have a family. Really answers the question that many have about having a family. It is a choice and people shouldn't take it lightly. I enjoyed it and really allowed me to evaluate the belief that everyone must marry or be in a relationship.

• Like 2

New Expedient Meansο»Ώ:

Β 

Intro: The 50 Skandha-Demon States

Β 

Listening to this and contemplating it in meditation makes you realize that there is a whole lot of beings obstructing you. About every single moment, a demon obstructs through many means. That's why there is no reason to get mad during meditation when you realized that you got thrown off.

• Like 1

Listening to this and contemplating it in meditation makes you realize that there is a whole lot of beings obstructing you. About every single moment, a demon obstructs through many means. That's why there is no reason to get mad during meditation when you realized that you got thrown off.

Β 

Β 

Realizing getting thrown off, just accept it, and go right back to what you were doing...applying the mind in practice for meditation. hahaha

Β 

We should all read and contemplate the 50 Skandha Demon States section of the Shurangama Sutra. It is a must for all cultivators of the way.

• Like 1