Greetings Everyone,

I am currently recording an online radio show with Time Monk Radio Network. It consists of cultivation methods, States, Realms, various living beings (ghosts, spirits, demons, gods, etc) philosophy, health, Buddhism, Daoism, etc. The topics are spoken within a 30-45 minute time period and can only go so deep, but it is enough time to raise awareness and lay down fundamentals of certain things.

I have much to discuss, yet I feel that asking those who are just getting involved in cultivation, or who have been in it for a while already, if they have any topics or questions they wish for me to discuss.

If there are any questions from beginners based in cultivation on Buddhist and Daoist practices, aspects of interest in spiritual practices, healing methods, etc, please let me know on this thread. In our next recording, I will be sure to address these questions and or topics as in depth as possible.

The show begins the week of April 12th, here is the link!

http://timemonkradio.com/threads/expedient-means.269/

Thanks, and I hope I can answer or clear up some of your inquiries. Your suggestions help to pick my brain.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 4

Great stuff Lin! I will be watching out for your show:-) Maybe you could post links to the series here once they've aired with Time Monk?

I'm very interested in 'various living beings'. Since these things are some aways from my personal beliefs. I can't work out if I can't experience them because I don't believe in them. If I don't believe in them because I HAVE experienced them and would rather they'd go away and bug other people;-) Or I'm just pretending I don't believe in them because I haven't the faintest.

Great stuff Lin! I will be watching out for your show:-) Maybe you could post links to the series here once they've aired with Time Monk?

I'm very interested in 'various living beings'. Since these things are some aways from my personal beliefs. I can't work out if I can't experience them because I don't believe in them. If I don't believe in them because I HAVE experienced them and would rather they'd go away and bug other people;-) Or I'm just pretending I don't believe in them because I haven't the faintest.

haha good idea! Usually points like this are spoken of briefly in conversation during the show, but I will work on topics including points like this and other ones too, as a full topic idea instead of a passing point in conversation. Just for starters, the term "living beings" refers to anything that had once lived, is living and will be living in the future. Whether they point to humans, ghosts, spirits, gods, etc, is irrelevant only because one can only conceive of living beings as long as they have affinities with them. Example, one can only believe humans exist because the conditions to be aware of humans only exists strongly in the point of someone's life. Existence of other living beings is dependent upon the capacity to realize if they are "real" and the capacity of one's affinities with them.

Definitely talk about merit and virtue. Also, about what happens when beings die. What can we do to help them escape the hells or enter into one of the heavens.

Will do, this would be a somewhat full topic in and of itself, along with "living beings", actually it is a topic that can be combined with "living beings" because merit and virtue is accrued by living beings and intent to transfer to, or benefit, living beings is practiced.

What happens when beings die? HAHAHAHA Holy crap! That would definitely have people running to cut my head off. Okay! Will do...they would have to spend a lot of money to find me in China. :P

Reading suggestions! always include reading suggestions!

It is a good idea. The only problem is I don't read works other than Sutras and their commentaries, and the occasional Daoist scripture here and there. I reference to Sutras, but books by cultivators, or translators I do not. The reason is I don't have the time to read them, and those I have come across, which I don't recall their titles and author names, I wouldn't suggest as a reference. haha I would leave it up to the cultivator to find what they have affinities with and with someone's good and wise advice, determine if the reading material they find is indeed beneficial. This way, I don't lead people to wrong information, and or upset authors and their financial escapade. :D

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 2

perhaps, also cover the gongfu of rising early :lol:

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

Hi Guys!

I was away for two weeks, and didn't have much of an internet connection.

The show will be airing this week, I posted the link in my first post in this thread.

I will take down your suggestions, and begin preparing topics or combination topics on these ideas.

Thanks, and keep them coming! The more the merrier :D

Peace,

Lin

Lin, looks like you spent some time in China as an English teacher and did some stuff on the side. Establishing a cultural center there is something else. Any Chinaman could "disappear" in America without a trace after clearing immigration at LAX but nobody, not even Chinamen, can mess around like that in the PRC because everyone - Chinese and foreigners - need to produce personal identification documents even to purchase a train ride from one city to another. No one can get lost in China because you go through checkpoints everywhere. Visas are for specific tourist or business purposes supported by verifiable means. One mis-step and you get caught up in a system and is processing 1.3 billion people. You may never be heard of again.

Edited by chenping

Lin, looks like you spent some time in China as an English teacher and did some stuff on the side. Establishing a cultural center there is something else. Any Chinaman could "disappear" in America without a trace after clearing immigration at LAX but nobody, not even Chinamen, can mess around like that in the PRC because everyone - Chinese and foreigners - need to produce personal identification documents even to purchase a train ride from one city to another. No one can get lost in China because you go through checkpoints everywhere. Visas are for specific tourist or business purposes supported by verifiable means. One mis-step and you get caught up in a system and is processing 1.3 billion people. You may never be heard of again.

Can I ask what you are referring to?

Can I ask what you are referring to?

I am referring to your monk radio website's info on Lin AiWei (林愛偉).

Edited by chenping

I am referring to your monk radio website's info on Lin AiWei (林愛偉).

There is nothing against the laws of China with the information there.

I'm still deciding where I would want to establish a cultural center, I have not done so just yet.

Edited by 林愛偉

How is the audio? My microphone wasn't doing too well, so there may be some cracking, and or interruptions.

After I believe the 3rd show, the audio is clearer, because I bought a new mic. hahaha

I can't hear it from here in China, the site to download doesn't open for me for the mp3

Edited by 林愛偉

At first, my headphones weren't working so the audio was horrible. Then I realized it was my headphones and then I fixed it and the audio is great.

I'm gonna send you the 24kbps version through email.

Great conversation. Couldn't listen to the whole thing right now but gonna listen to it when I get the chance.

Oh, hahahaha great to know. Thank you, I just received it :-)

Anymore suggestions?

The show is airing now. Next episode will be on Thursday night, 8pm.

We already covered about 9 shows in advance.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Lin,

Always a pleasure to listen to you! Thank you, and also burning monk and oolong rabbit for your effort and generosity!

A couple of things that you may perhaps speak about:

The relationship between virtue and your mai and qi.

How to handle severe situations in your life; how to change really bad circumstances to the better.

How do you change your vices and become a better person, i.e. what is the methodology?

Many buddhists and other cultivators I've met seem to misinterpret the scriptures and take an anti-joy, anti-pleasure stance, as if positive emotions and good feelings in the body are somehow bad; they end up shriveled and devoid of inner health and vitality. Perhaps you recognize what I mean? Care to comment on the joys and pleasures of life - from the smaller to the ultimate?

All my best,

Mandrake

Lin,

Always a pleasure to listen to you! Thank you, and also burning monk and oolong rabbit for your effort and generosity!

How to handle severe situations in your life; how to change really bad circumstances to the better.

How do you change your vices and become a better person, i.e. what is the methodology?

Many buddhists and other cultivators I've met seem to misinterpret the scriptures and take an anti-joy, anti-pleasure stance, as if positive emotions and good feelings in the body are somehow bad; they end up shriveled and devoid of inner health and vitality. Perhaps you recognize what I mean? Care to comment on the joys and pleasures of life - from the smaller to the ultimate?

All my best,

Mandrake

Thanks for the good words.

I took down your request, its good to go.

Lin,

All my best,

Mandrake

Hi Mandrake,

Can you explain what you know of Mai? Perhaps the Chinese character, for I am not sure what you are referring to. hahaha

Thank you :-)

Lin

Malikshreds joined in on a recording of the Expedient Means show this weekend.

He brought a young view point into the roundtable discussions, and shared some common views and questions while discussions were focused on "Profound and Mundane" as well as "Common Misconceptions of Spirituality".

These shows will be airing in several weeks.

• Like 2

Heh, heh. Lin always add such good things to the conversation that you just don't want to interrupt him.

HA! you were really thinking, "Oh jeez, here he goes again.. so much crap, I am at a loss for words" :P

• Like 1