Vmarco

If you had 1 Week to Live?

I have no problem with paying a fair price for what I get as long as the price is about equal to the quality of what I am getting.

No, I will not release all my illusions and delusions. But I know what they are so I don't confuse them with reality.

He can answer for himself but I think its a great question

the answer to why not is that folks love their illusions as they love their children

,themselves, their achievements and all the other things that rely on illusion

like species diversity and even the color of a sunset.

Sorry but I just wanted to butt that in.

• Like 1

Well, I'd give this girl I really like a biiiiig kiss, then take my whole family on a nice trip to some peaceful island in the south pacific (as long as I can take my doggie with), and on the last day donate as many organs as possible to help others.

Pretty easy question! :)

Edited by sentiententity

One week to live..I'd probably avoid people who were trying to push there religious philosophy at me. Make peace with myself, family, the world.. peace with my death. Happily I lived, happy I die. Perhaps death is stranger and more wonderful then we imagine. Maybe its just an off switch. Regardless I join mankind in its shared legacy.

More specifically- Spend less time on the internet :), more time in nature. Get in some deep meditation as well as at least one drunken blowout party with friends. I've always liked visiting extremes and returning to the middle road; so there'd be some of that; days of simplicity, one or two of extravagance.

Course the truth is we all just have one week to live, we just don't which week it'll be.

• Like 1

i would read the Bardo Thodol and prepare myself for the bardo state... i have special faith in that book because my one experience in the sidpai bardo (NDE) was from the Bardo Thodol word for word, and i hadn't read it yet. Anyway, since I have already done that, i guess i would just be on vacation so i would meditate a lot. Since i already do that, i don't know if there is any point to this point i am not making, except to advise others who might die (you know, that special subset of the population) to read the Bardo Thodol or any Book of the Dead, there are several.

go towards the brilliant blue light which manifests on the first day... thats your ticket out of samsara btw.. even the white light is just a trip to the god realms which are within the samsaric cycle. But there are, according to BT, worlds outside of samsara, like Kuntazangpo's pure land and other nirvanic realms where one can live in sublime cultivation for as long as their karma allows.

anyway, if you miss that blue light, the next (not so intense) blue light (3rd day i think) is the entrance to the human realm again, which is ideal for cultivation and considered superior to the god and asura realms from a Buddhist point of view. from being reborn as human you can have access to teachings and leisure time, and if youre lucky, dharma (again from a Buddhist pov) so if you're dead, go into the blue light.

fyi

• Like 1

Sometimes, when i watch something spontaneously joyful, the true meaning of impersonal, universal compassion at work becomes very clear, more so, when its expression becomes vivid away from the human realm, and, very often, i am reassured that if animals have no concept of what death is, why have we, the supposedly intelligent species, chosen to allow it such dominance over us?

• Like 1

Athough at first, the train noise is annoying, that first book on youtube shared many important ideas,...a dialogue where few would venture. I agree with McKenna,...follow the recipe for Truth Realization, and you will uncover Truth Realization in 2 years or less.

Colin Wilson's book 'Mind Parasites'...which arose from the Gurdjieff philosophy...suggested that it would only take 50 Truth Realized persons to shift the world's current paradigm. Can you imagine that? Half of the Hundreth Monkey,...to change the world.

"If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of your self." Lao Tzu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJHNYRy7h0&feature=relmfu

;

Did Wilson estimate the current number? It seems like most all the bodisattvas are here now or on their way.

seems also midnight of last night was the tipping point toward enlightenment..

• Like 1

I was joking..

enligtenment always happens now, there are just too many now's to choose from.

Edited by blindeye

I don't think there would be anything more satisfying than giving away everything I own to folks who could use it. That would be a joyous last week.

i would read the Bardo Thodol and prepare myself for the bardo state... i have special faith in that book because my one experience in the sidpai bardo (NDE) was from the Bardo Thodol word for word, and i hadn't read it yet. Anyway, since I have already done that, i guess i would just be on vacation so i would meditate a lot. Since i already do that, i don't know if there is any point to this point i am not making, except to advise others who might die (you know, that special subset of the population) to read the Bardo Thodol or any Book of the Dead, there are several.

go towards the brilliant blue light which manifests on the first day... thats your ticket out of samsara btw.. even the white light is just a trip to the god realms which are within the samsaric cycle. But there are, according to BT, worlds outside of samsara, like Kuntazangpo's pure land and other nirvanic realms where one can live in sublime cultivation for as long as their karma allows.

anyway, if you miss that blue light, the next (not so intense) blue light (3rd day i think) is the entrance to the human realm again, which is ideal for cultivation and considered superior to the god and asura realms from a Buddhist point of view. from being reborn as human you can have access to teachings and leisure time, and if youre lucky, dharma (again from a Buddhist pov) so if you're dead, go into the blue light.

fyi

When I read... go toward the blue light... I think of a bug zapper...

I am not that trusting... I need to investigate things myself - Buddhist or not... sometimes the sweetest things are the most bitter.

Question everything

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

I don't think there would be anything more satisfying than giving away everything I own to folks who could use it. That would be a joyous last week.

That might suck on the morning of day 8 if you're alive and realize you need to make some calls and get stuff back :).

• Like 1

I was joking..

enligtenment always happens now, there are just too many now's to choose from.

Yes,....enlightenment is ALWAYS the Now, the Instant, the Present,....the 6 senses cannot observe the Now, the Instant, the Present. Those who believe that their 6 senses,....seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touch, and thinking,...can observe the Now, Instant, or Present,...they are deluded.

There is no Now, Instant, or Present in time, nor divided light.

When you reach Undivided Light (186k mps) time ceases, and the matter that manifests the 6 senses no longer exist.

• Like 1

"Anything in time cannot be eternal.

That which stands outside of time is

Eternity itself.

Hearing its call is

The end of time."

Wu Hsin

Yes,....enlightenment is ALWAYS the Now, the Instant, the Present,....the 6 senses cannot observe the Now, the Instant, the Present. Those who believe that their 6 senses,....seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touch, and thinking,...can observe the Now, Instant, or Present,...they are deluded.

There is no Now, Instant, or Present in time, nor divided light.

When you reach Undivided Light (186k mps) time ceases, and the matter that manifests the 6 senses no longer exist.

Would you describe feeling, sensing and intuition as being separate from from seeing,hearing, tasting, touch and thinking?

Life apart from obliteration of self seems very bland without any one of the six senses. Take away tasting or hearing for one day.

Take away 'thinking' and posting on a web forum?

• Like 2

That might suck on the morning of day 8 if you're alive and realize you need to make some calls and get stuff back :).

lol. suck, yes.

But unattached? You betcha! :P

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

Would you describe feeling, sensing and intuition as being separate from from seeing,hearing, tasting, touch and thinking? Life apart from obliteration of self seems very bland without any one of the six senses. Take away tasting or hearing for one day. Take away 'thinking' and posting on a web forum?

What you believe to be bland, is the 7th and 8th consciousness of enlightened beings.

"When it is seen that

An empty cup is receptive and

A full cup cannot receive,

Those with wisdom choose emptiness." Wu Hsin

Or as Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think (the 6 senses) is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."

• Like 1

What you believe to be bland, is the 7th and 8th consciousness of enlightened beings.

"When it is seen that

An empty cup is receptive and

A full cup cannot receive,

Those with wisdom choose emptiness." Wu Hsin

Or as Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think (the 6 senses) is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."[/qu

What level of conciousness are you on? higher than 8 or lower than 7?