Sign in to follow this  
thinker

Seeking: Images of the Mawangdui Silk Texts

I'm looking for photographs or other directly scanned images, ideally online, of some of the early texts of the DDJ. I've already found photos of the Guodian slips, but I can't seem to find any of the Mawangdui texts except for the one on the Wikipedia. What I'm looking for is close-ups of the entirety of DDJ texts A and B, with enough detail that I could recognize the individual characters myself, if I had the requisite knowledge and in those cases where the characters are legible enough to allow for this to be done without being in the presence of the physical material. Failing this, I'd like to find complete transcripts of the originals using the actual characters that appear on the texts rather than their "modern equivalents".

Am I just not finding what's there or do such images not exist? I have trouble believing that such images don't exist in any form anywhere, as the museum that houses the texts would have to be very foolish not to have ever made any images of such old and fragile documents, even if only for their own archives, in case an accident should destroy the irreplaceable originals.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this