Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Hermetics?

I use this program called hermetic word frequency counter to quickly analyze electronic articles, documents and books for a concordance.

I am looking for a text file of the old testament (Torah) to analyze this.

I find that hermetics are very interesting.

It would be interesting to see what the most popular search queries are on amazon.com? You know?

Hermetics...wiki it if your interested.

What do you feel about hermetics?

I use this program called hermetic word frequency counter to quickly analyze electronic articles, documents and books for a concordance.

I am looking for a text file of the old testament (Torah) to analyze this.

I find that hermetics are very interesting.

It would be interesting to see what the most popular search queries are on amazon.com? You know?

Hermetics...wiki it if your interested.

What do you feel about hermetics?

Hi the Grand One,

at our (my and SJ's) Empirical Taoism forum we have a very knowledgeable member who's a member of the Hermetic society -- you're welcome to come pick his brain! :)http://skymountain.net/forum

hi there ~

Perhaps something will catch your eye at these locations ~ Enjoy! :D

1 - Franz Bardon Hermetics, Fairy Tales, and Transpersonal Psychology

http://www.lava.net/~pagios/

2 - Bardon's Quabbalah and the Sepher Yetzirah

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6243/yudelove.html

3 - Franz Bardon Research

http://www.geocities.com/franzbardon/index.html

4 - Franz Bardon

http://www.divinenergy.com/franz-bardon/english/bardon.htm

I do not know whats the deal with Bardon... care to explain any? As I assume you have read those links.

Thanks for the link to that forum, but I do not know which member to ask! Please have him join this thread?

Empirical? Nice name for a Tao site, and the word sounds like "emperial"!

I do not know whats the deal with Bardon... care to explain any?

I didn't look at the web site but Fraz Bardon's books provide a system of induction into Hermetics, very basically another type of ceremonial magic. I got into Bardon this after I stopped doing Golden Dawn practices.

Thanks for the link to that forum, but I do not know which member to ask! Please have him join this thread?

Empirical? Nice name for a Tao site, and the word sounds like "emperial"!

Thanks! :) Of course I was an empress of China in a past life, no question, but the original idea behind the name was to encourage discussions of taoism specifically by people who do more with taoism than "discuss." <_<

Sorry for a poor introduction... the guy I meant is named Gavin. I'll ask him if he might join the thread here... hopefully either way I'll see some interesting expositions of hermetics.

I do not know whats the deal with Bardon... care to explain any? As I assume you have read those links.

Yes, I have read them, but have you?

At this link (webpage above), you'll find an article entitled, Who Was Franz Bardon?

@ http://www.geocities.com/franzbardon/timscott.html

Some of the items of interest covered in this article are:-

Bardon's Life and Work

Arrest & Imprisonment by the 3rd Reich

Arrest and Death

The Fraternity of Saturn

Franz Bardon's Writings

His Sources

Bardon's Theories: The Magickal Universe

The Four Elements

Preparation of the Student

Outline of Bardon's Magickal Curriculum

An Amazing Book on Communicating with Spirits

Bardon's Unique Qabalistic System

2 - Bardon's Quabbalah and the Sepher Yetzirah

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6243/yudelove.html

At this link (webpage above), you will discover the following article:-

The Bardon Kabbalistic System

The system set out by Franz Bardon in The Key to the True Quabbalah, is vastly different from any

known Hebraic interpretation, yet it is similar in many ways to Taoist Yoga. Bardon sets out a complete course

of training. He removes the scriptural background that is so prevalent in all other commentaries. He leaves us

with a system that can be used by anyone, not just devout Jews. This is not to say that the system is easy, it is

just accessible to a wider variety of people. The same could be said for Taoist Yoga, although its background is

Chinese, its teachings are available to everyone.

The Bardon system is a Western Kabbalistic one. Bardon was German and his books were originally written in

German. He seems to be much better known to European Kabbalists then to those in England or America. His

book on Kabbalah is an intensive course of training using the letters of the alphabet as its basis. This is the

German alphabet which includes letters such as Ch, Oe and Sh which do not exist as independent letters in the

English alphabet. Some mirror phonetic translations of Hebrew letters such as Cheth and Shin (Ch and Sh).

However, there are obvious accretions to the system, if it is in fact based on ancient Sepher Yetzirah sources.

For instance, color plays a major part in Bardon's system. Each letter is assigned a color in the first step of the

practice. Yet the Sepher Yetzirah never mentions color. However Aryeh Kaplan states at page 1 74 of his

SepherYetzirah that a tradition of color for the planets and the Sepheroth can be found in The Zohar that

follows the order found in one version of the Sepher Yetzirah. Hebrew Kabbalists often meditated on the color

assigned to the Sepheroth. Exactly when the colors were assigned to each letter is unknown. Color is a most

obvious connection and being able to visualize a letter in a particular color is an excellent meditational device.

All the Western Kabbalistic schools had color correspondences for the letters and the Sepheroth. It is a basic

tool for building a meditation or ritual.

The Taoists assigned colors to the five elements and in turn to the internal organs. The Taoist universe

contained colors for the Earth, the planets and the stars. On the whole, though, color is less important to the

Taoists or the Hebrew Kabbalists, where it functions more as an aid to practice, than it is to the Western

Kabbalist where its function is essential.

In Bardon's system the practitioner first learns to assign colors to the individual letters of the alphabet, for

instance A is light blue, B is light violet, and C is red. A series of four different exercises with the color and the

letter are performed. First the student learns to "see" the color in his whole body. Next each letter is assigned

to one of the four elements. Mirroring the Sepher Yetzirah and the Three Mother Letters, those letters assigned

to the fire element are visualized in the head, those assigned to air are visualized in the chest, and those to

water in the abdomen. Bardon works with the earth element as the fourth element. Letters assigned to earth

are practiced from the coccyx (tail bone) down to the soles of the feet.

The next series of exercises assigns each letter and color to a particular body part. These in large part follow

the correspondences in the short version of the Sepher Yetzirah. All of these exercises use the visualizing

abilities of the student.

Next the student learns to "pronounce" the letters. Each letter is sounded at a particular note on the music

scale. So that A is sounded in the pitch of note G, B in note A, C in note D, and so on. Basically the exercise

proceeds so that the student combines both the sound of the letter and the color and repeats the previous

exercise of hearing the note and seeing the color of each letter in 1) his whole body, 2) in its proper elemental

region (head, chest, abdomen, or legs), and 3) in its corresponding organ.

The third step in Bardon's Kabbalistic training begins with learning to associate each letter with a certain

feeling. This is based on its elemental correspondence. Thus, the letter A, which corresponds with the air

element, is experienced as a feeling of ease or lightness. The letter B, which corresponds with the earth

element, is experienced as a feeling of weight. Likewise, a letter that corresponds with the fire element would

be experienced as a feeling of warmth and a water element letter with a feeling of chill. Once this is learned,

the student now combines all the exercises and simultaneously sees the letter's color, hears it at its correct

pitch, and feels it at its proper element (heat, chill, weightiness, or lightness). Bardon calls this Tri polar or Tri

elemental pronunciation. It is not until this Tri polar pronunciation is mastered that the student is able to

actually use the letters creatively (as a Kabbalist).

Obviously, Bardon's system is very complex. The training outlined above actually revolves around the Three

Mother Elements. All visualizing exercises are within the province of the Fire element, all auditory exercises

are subject to the Air element and the feeling exercises are subject to the Water element. In effect, almost the

entire course of study is based on the elements. Bardon has one short chapter on the principles of the ten

Sepheroth, but there are no exercises given specifically for them

Once a student has reached the point where he can use any letter in a tri polar manner, he no longer is a

student but has truly become a Kabbalist. He is literally a force of nature, he can control the elements and the

letters that God used to create and form the universe. He is the Master of the Word. The Sepher Yetzirah has

been translated as either the Book of Formation or The Book of Creation. Bardon gives us a method to apply

these terms literally so that the Sepher Yetzirah is seen not as some ancient philosophy, but as a vibrant

system of true creative knowledge.

Unfortunately, Franz Bardon died before he could write a planned book on alchemy. As he would have said, it

was the Will of Divine Providence. Few Western Kabbalists have ever heard of him. But, more than anyone

else I have ever encountered, he provided a true bridge between the Hebrew and Western Kabbalah and

Taoist Yoga. (End of Website Article)

I recommended the above web-link because it claims there that Bardon is the reincarnation of Lao Tzu!

Read it right below his portrait! It also lists, near the bottom of the page, his writings.

However, this 5th link here explains a little better, perhaps, just who Bardon really is, and his true significance:

5 => http://www.glassbeadgame.com/magic.htm ~ Put it this way:-

If I was seriously interested in checking out Western Hermeticism, I'd begin and end with Bardon. He's the man!

Edited by Yen Hui

... this 5th link here explains a little better the significance of just who Bardon is: => http://www.glassbeadgame.com/magic.htm ~ Bardon is it!

... you need to read the 5th link, front to back~to see what I mean! ;)

While Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine predates Bardon, I'm inclined to regard it, nontheless, as essential reading, for the 'hermetically' inclined. See an Online Copy @ http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd-hp.htm

Edited by Yen Hui

Sign in to follow this