Mal

[HHC Study] Hua Hu Ching Chapter 8

I confess that there is nothing to teach: no religion, no science, no body of information which will lead your mind back to the Tao. Today I speak in this fashion, tomorrow in another, but always the Integral Way is beyond words and beyond mind. Simply be aware of the oneness of things.

Walker's HHC 8

http://brianbrownewalker.com/hua-hu-ching/

The master said, "Kind prince, what do you think? Has the Universal One invented something to teach us?"

"No, Venerable Teacher," replied the prince, "the Universal One has invented nothing to teach."

"Kind prince, what do you think? Have I attained an awareness that is beyond the integral truth? Have I established a personal teaching that is separate from the Universal Way?"

"Venerable Teacher, according to my understanding, there is nothing definite or set which can lead one to reach the integral truth. Nor is unconditioned awareness a set or rigid way of perceiving things. All true guidance is intangible because the Universal Way is beyond the limits of the mind. The Universal Way is neither religious or worldly. All of the far-reaching, unfaded teachings of the ancient sages come from the same source: the subtle truth of great oneness. Different expressions are merely the result of different times and places."

Ni's HHC 8

Edited by Mal Stainkey
  • Like 1

Wow... so when I said we should do away with all religions I was right? hehehe... just joking. This really is an important chapter, especially for those that miss this message in the TTC (it is there, but not so obtuse). I'm not sure you can make it any simpler than Walker did. I really think he gets to the gist of it.

Aaron

• Like 1

"I confess there is nothing to teach - simply be aware of the oneness of things"

It is very clear isn't it :) Often when I re read the HHC I get to here and stop :lol:

Not that much to discuss here I guess. Although it does sort of reinforce that for example me looking for "taoist"examples of reincarnation usage rather than "buddhist" is moving away from realising the oneness of things....and that the name that can be named is not the eternal name :)

Where am I - Here

What time is it - Now

Not that much to discuss here I guess. Although it does sort of reinforce that for example me looking for "taoist"examples of reincarnation usage rather than "buddhist" is moving away from realising the oneness of things....and that the name that can be named is not the eternal name :)

Where am I - Here

What time is it - Now

Yeah... too many people want to put things in boxes and label them. Even worse is when you label yourself. In fact nothing is worse for limiting your potential than labeling yourself. This reminds me of the powers of "I don't know". When you say "I know" it immediately limits your potential to learn anything more about something, but saying "I don't know" opens up the possibilities in a myriad of ways...

I know a bit disjointed, but I saw snow for the first time in over a decade, so I'm a bit giddy.

Aaron

"You are not what you think you are. But what you think... you are."

I've seen pictures of snow, read books about it as well as watching movies and TV.

I learnt that Eskimos have 40 words for snow. Then I learnt that was't true.

I asked my highschool science teacher why water expands when it freezes and she said I'd have to go to university to know that. I got to study hydrogen bonds at university.

I've heard every snowflake is unique....

People have talked about snow all my life.

and yet I've never seen snow myself in real life...

Oh I really liked that!

I've seen pictures of snow, read books about it as well as watching movies and TV.

I learnt that Eskimos have 40 words for snow. Then I learnt that was't true.

I asked my highschool science teacher why water expands when it freezes and she said I'd have to go to university to know that. I got to study hydrogen bonds at university.

I've heard every snowflake is unique....

People have talked about snow all my life.

and yet I've never seen snow myself in real life...

You are what you think... nicely said.

Aaron

I was reading through a few of these and this one is a good place to stop and rest for the night. :)

Btw, been loving these. Thanks to the OP(original poster).

Edited by 流浪者

What do we think we are? Usually we think we are separate from one another. We think we think independently, we think we live independently. But as the Whole One, we are not separate. That black warm void, the sense of "I-ness", that lives within you also lives within me. The very same entity. This is how to love your enemy as yourself - to realize that your 'enemy' is your self. Nothing there to hate at all, just a different perspective.

So, again, "You are not what you think you are". So who are we? We are The One.

• Like 1