Sign in to follow this  
ChiForce

Clicking and tapping sounds during meditation..

Ok, seriously, I haven't been able to get any answers from this, on several message boards. Why would one begin to hear clicking and tapping sounds during meditation? I hear them usually at night meditating an hour before sleep. The sounds came from usually in front of me, by the computer desk. Sometimes, they came from the ceiling or the closet by my left. As soon as I was done with my meditation, the sounds would stop. Now, when I meditate in the morning, after waking up, I would not hear the sounds at all. This has been going on for several years, as soon as I started to meditate as part of my spiritual cultivations. I am no stranger to the kundalini energy since it rised up when I was 18. I am in my late 30s. During meditation session, I can feel and see the Chi energy. Recently, I have been practising the skeleton meditation.

Thanks.

oh boy, another person mentioning kundalini in their post, something strange is happening and they just can't rest until they figure it out :P

just ignore it.

there is a book i read that told me what this stuff means but it didn't advance my progress to know it AT ALL. if you really have to know i will dig it up for you, but it was a boring pointless read for the most part

Edited by Flolfolil

oh boy, another person mentioning kundalini in their post, something strange is happening and they just can't rest until they figure it out :P

just ignore it.

there is a book i read that told me what this stuff means but it didn't advance my progress to know it AT ALL. if you really have to know i will dig it up for you, but it was a boring pointless read for the most part

Hahahaha.....of course, I usually ignore them since the purpose of my meditation is to reach the next stage of samadhi...

Throat centre /neck ... various sounds are heard when centre is activating/opening ... try googling K. yoga or similar.

I sometimes heard a big 'thud' that appears to come from nowhere. But I can't be bothered to find out what it is anymore.

Throat centre /neck ... various sounds are heard when centre is activating/opening ... try googling K. yoga or similar.

But why not in my morning meditation? I always feel that I get most of my morning meditation than in at night. I get most...I mean I feel that I was circulating the micro-cosmic orbit more successfully judging by the intensity of my Chi.

But why not in my morning meditation? I always feel that I get most of my morning meditation than in at night. I get most...I mean I feel that I was circulating the micro-cosmic orbit more successfully judging by the intensity of my Chi.

Energy in different phase and you a prob either more or less relaxed at that time ... only you can say ... to be honest its not something to concentrate on ...

Do you ever become sleepy in your meditation?

Do you ever become sleepy in your meditation?

Mostly during my night meditation. Not in the morning or afternoon. I have the habit of sleeping late. :) I find my night meditation becomes more productive if I meditate before 10pm.

Mostly during my night meditation. Not in the morning or afternoon. I have the habit of sleeping late. :) I find my night meditation becomes more productive if I meditate before 10pm.

If you're getting to that border between waking and sleeping, sometimes you can hear strange sounds.

Happened to me a few nights ago during laying down meditation, heard a loud bell noise, it was like one of those big church bells and it echo'd very strangely - definitely not of this world.

So if its the same case for you, I wouldn't worry just don't let yourself get drowsy in your practice.

Ok, seriously, I haven't been able to get any answers from this, on several message boards. Why would one begin to hear clicking and tapping sounds during meditation? I hear them usually at night meditating an hour before sleep. The sounds came from usually in front of me, by the computer desk. Sometimes, they came from the ceiling or the closet by my left. As soon as I was done with my meditation, the sounds would stop. Now, when I meditate in the morning, after waking up, I would not hear the sounds at all. This has been going on for several years, as soon as I started to meditate as part of my spiritual cultivations. I am no stranger to the kundalini energy since it rised up when I was 18. I am in my late 30s. During meditation session, I can feel and see the Chi energy. Recently, I have been practising the skeleton meditation.

Thanks.

It could just be your senses pick up sounds better during meditation. I hear it every night during meditation...they are just building sounds...

If you're getting to that border between waking and sleeping, sometimes you can hear strange sounds.

Happened to me a few nights ago during laying down meditation, heard a loud bell noise, it was like one of those big church bells and it echo'd very strangely - definitely not of this world.

So if its the same case for you, I wouldn't worry just don't let yourself get drowsy in your practice.

Actually, when I get drowsy, I know I am losing my concentration and normally I would not hear the noise. Normally, I couldn't even complete the micro-cosmic orbit in any degree. The sounds only happen when I have my full concentration and with some degree of Chi circulating. I always thought that in my concentrated, meditative state, my Chi gets projected and causing the noise to happen. I always meditate in my room and that's where the noise would usually occur. I can put some effort to meditate in another room to see if the same noise would appear.

Edited by ChiForce

It could just be your senses pick up sounds better during meditation. I hear it every night during meditation...they are just building sounds...

No, they aren't building sounds. :) I can only hear them during meditation, at night. I got used to them. In the past, when I hear the noise, I would see red flashes of light appearing in my third eye.

Have you tried not practicing at night for a while (for eg, a week maybe), and then returning to it? If you have, did the sounds return?

Have you tried not practicing at night for a while (for eg, a week maybe), and then returning to it? If you have, did the sounds return?

No need. It is 6:47 pm Eastern time in New York. I am in front of my computer and typing this post. I am not hearing any clicking and tapping sounds. When I meditate tonight, usually around 10pm or so and an hour before bed, the sounds would occur.

No need. It is 6:47 pm Eastern time in New York. I am in front of my computer and typing this post. I am not hearing any clicking and tapping sounds. When I meditate tonight, usually around 10pm or so and an hour before bed, the sounds would occur.

Maybe the question was not clear enough. I am not saying that you are imagining the noises and sounds.

Did you try to take a break from your night meditation routine, and then restarting it after maybe a week or so? If not, would you consider giving that a go and then see what takes place upon resuming the night meditations? Or, is this a ritual for you, that you cannot forego the habit of meditating at night? If you can't even put it down for a few days, if i were you, i would question why this is so. What i am trying to rule out is perhaps some external disturbance(s) may be enticing you into some unhealthy patterns. Have you given this any thought?

Maybe you have tried it before, if so, it was not clearly stated in your post, hence i am asking.

During meditation I have heard clicking/popping/cracking sounds coming from the inside of my head. It is extremely similar to the sound when a chiropractor does an adjustment on your neck.

I have not heard these sounds for quite awhile and was more prevalent when I first started meditation.

My question is, are you sure the sounds are coming outside of you? I can tell, mine were originating inside my body.

Maybe the question was not clear enough. I am not saying that you are imagining the noises and sounds.

Did you try to take a break from your night meditation routine, and then restarting it after maybe a week or so? If not, would you consider giving that a go and then see what takes place upon resuming the night meditations? Or, is this a ritual for you, that you cannot forego the habit of meditating at night? If you can't even put it down for a few days, if i were you, i would question why this is so. What i am trying to rule out is perhaps some external disturbance(s) may be enticing you into some unhealthy patterns. Have you given this any thought?

Maybe you have tried it before, if so, it was not clearly stated in your post, hence i am asking.

Nah, there is no need to stop meditating because of the noise phenomena. I am not meditating because of the noise. I am meditating because I want to reach to another stage of Samadhi. :) Two, hopefully, I would gain enough mind clarify to move forward with my life. There is no need for me to stop meditating. I am not experiencing Chi Kung psychosis. Two, my chi isn't hot and so it won't damage my mind by meditating too long and too often.

During meditation I have heard clicking/popping/cracking sounds coming from the inside of my head. It is extremely similar to the sound when a chiropractor does an adjustment on your neck.

I have not heard these sounds for quite awhile and was more prevalent when I first started meditation.

My question is, are you sure the sounds are coming outside of you? I can tell, mine were originating inside my body.

Doubt it because the sound don't happen all the time even though I have reached a higher degree of the micro-cosmic orbit in my morning meditation. I can hear my own internal chakras vibrations though. That, those are internal. I can hear them in any where and in any time. I can hear them in 4 distinct frequencies.

Nah, there is no need to stop meditating because of the noise phenomena. I am not meditating because of the noise. I am meditating because I want to reach to another stage of Samadhi. :) Two, hopefully, I would gain enough mind clarify to move forward with my life. There is no need for me to stop meditating. I am not experiencing Chi Kung psychosis. Two, my chi isn't hot and so it won't damage my mind by meditating too long and too often.

Ah, ok, its apparent you have it all sussed out then. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Doubt it because the sound don't happen all the time even though I have reached a higher degree of the micro-cosmic orbit in my morning meditation. I can hear my own internal chakras vibrations though. That, those are internal. I can hear them in any where and in any time. I can hear them in 4 distinct frequencies.

The sound didn't happen to me all the time. Sometimes there were pops, mostly not. At the start, in a 30 minute meditation session, I would hear around 1 to 2 pops. Depending on how deep I went, there was also a rushing of wind in the ears. I had no control over these phenomena, it seemed to me they're just a bi product of meditation.

When I moved to a new house I started getting clicking sounds when meditating. On one occasion these were accompanied by a gentle breeze with moving ceiling lights even though the windows were closed and it was still outside. I put it down to either a 'presence' who shared the same space or unseen visitors popping in to check the new interloper out. The clicking was accompanied by the distinct feeling of being buzzed by something.

I know that everything in my house makes a hell of more of a noise when I meditate in it.

We could talk refrigeration compressors at length. :ph34r:

• Like 1

ChiForce -

Very interesting!

I have actually experienced a tapping very similar to what you have described. For several years.

And the cause of this tapping would be shy in daylight, only manifest itself at night. It would also be shy if I looked in it's direction (i.e., when you look in its direction it would stop immediately). So, I eventually came to the conclusion that the cause of this tapping was not particularly strong or bold.

So, it's nothing to be afraid of, but I understand it can be annoying.

My best advice is to either ignore it, or if it's a bit too bothersome then you can take steps to stop what's causing it. For example, lighting a sandlewood incense in the area you meditate, while you are meditating may stop it. It may be as simple as that.

But if it's stubborn and you want to make it go away, this could take the help of a Buddhist monk or someone experienced with these things.

In my case I rarely hear the tapping anymore. But last year I had an experience for about six months with something that was doing much more than tapping! Much more bothersome. ;-) I eventually talked to some people in the know and took some rather gentle steps to cause it to cease. But I would have taken stronger steps had it not stopped pestering me.

I talked to several meditation masters and they told me these experiences are actually much more common than most people would think.

I don't want to say any more about this subject in this post, but I hope I have given you enough info to be of some value to you.

And regardless, stay with your meditation practice....don't stop it because of the tapping sounds.

Sign in to follow this