Sign in to follow this  
Jimmerino

Macrocosmic Circle Question

Hi,

Is there anyone who can describe, based on personal experience, the route of chi as it moves through the lower abdomen and pelvis in the macrocosmic circle? Both in the upward and downward flows?

The Mantak Chia books aren't very specific on this, and I'm looking for clarification.

Thanks!

Edited by Jimmerino

Hi, Jimmerino....

Some say clockwise, the others say counterclockwise. Unfortunately, there is no definite answer to your question. Even the Chinese masters couldn't make up their minds. Sorry.... :(

• Like 1

Hi, Jimmerino....

Some say clockwise, the others say counterclockwise. Unfortunately, there is no definite answer to your question. Even the Chinese masters couldn't make up their minds. Sorry.... :(

Hi, ChiDragon, thanks for the reply! But I'm looking for specific pathway on how the chi moves, rather than the direction. I'm hoping someone with a nice open macrocosmic orbit pathway can explain.

Edited by Jimmerino

Hi, Jimmerino...
You welcome....!!!

If you are asking the Macrocosmic circle, then, I think you are asking about Macroorbit. I don't know that your mind is scientifically or metaphorically oriented. Metaphorically, Macroorbit is expressed in terms of directions rather than path. Anyway, if you're metaphorically oriented, then, I am sorry that cannot offer you any help. It is because I am too scientifically oriented.

I see someone is already offering you some help in that regard while I am writing my response. Good luck...!!! I hope you will find your answer.

Edited by ChiDragon

Chinese whispers confuse the minds.

Up the back, over the head, down the front, pass the perinium and start again.

(assuming the tounge tip is touching the palate)

Its beauty is its not being complicated.

xxx

Onwards and upwards but always striving to be below.

• Like 1

doesnt seem like anyone's differentiating macro and micro here. as I understand, macrocosmic in including the leg & arm channels, micro is just torso. some good books on the flow of qi perhaps go for yellow emperor or deadman's manual, taoist yoga.

• Like 1

I know about "Up the back, over the head, down the front, pass the perinium and start again".

Two problems:

First, that's not the macrocosmic orbit (which includes limbs), it's microcosmic.

Second, I'm looking for greater detail on the pathway (the literal, scientific, anatomical pathway) throw the pelvis and into the legs. Not just in broad terms. For example "through the pelvis" would not be what I'd consider detailed.

I'm asking this of people who've personally opened and worked in this channel. They should be able to explain it from personal experience.

I'll also try posting to JoeBlast, thanks.

its different for every channel, although all of the yin channels intersect at the huiyin. what exactly are you trying to figure out?

(I dont think cat's link to my section will answer this at all for you, that link is a microcosmic one.)

Edited by joeblast

Up the back, over the head, down the front, pass the perinium and start again.

Yes sorry,this is the microcosmic, my mistake.

From my knowledge (there are deinitely different perspectives), macrocosmic is when the body is spiritualized enough that whole body breathing takes over and the breath eventually slows to be unnecessary for the body to live. This is a very practiced state to attain and isn't recommended unless the practioner has opened all their meridians in a safe practiced way. Which incedently is way we have masters, as there are pitfalls along the way!

Dr Stephen T. Chang's system of Internal Exercises is a great book and I feel explains a very good and safe approach for achieving the Macrocosmic Orbit.

xxx

In Yang, Jwing-Ming's books, he simply shows it as the same as microcosmic but instead of going up to the back of the neck it goes along the arms and out the palms. If someone explains how to upload a file I will share the section I am mentioning.

The macrocosmic orbit I usually do is really akin to the Meridian Wheel. Each meridian in turn feeds the next meridian till you go from feet (Yin arising) to tips of the fingers and then it starts its path back to the feet (Yang descending). One can do this as a "pat' (yes, pat the path with your arms) to wake up and stimulate the meridian path too.

Second, I'm looking for greater detail on the pathway (the literal, scientific, anatomical pathway) throw the pelvis and into the legs. Not just in broad terms.

Seeking that may be an error, what you feel is correct for you, "trust you feelings"

• Like 1

Look up the 12 chi meridians corresponding to organs. When the chi flows down it will route into the inside and back of leg and wind under the feet( yin side). Then it begins flowing up the front and outside of leg and winds around to join the governor vessel.

It's similar for the arms.

The yin channels alternate into the yang channels.

In practice don't over think it, but knowing the general pathways will help to get a feel.

Edited by phore

laogun breathing, yongquan breathing,

3 ying of arms, organs-> hands

3 yangs of arms hands ->head

3 yangs of legs head -> feet

3 yins of legs feet-> abdomen,

LU tai yin

LI yang ming

ST yang ming

SP tai yin

HT shao yin

SI tai yang