Sign in to follow this  
skydog

What do people think about this..Is this healthy

.. Too much talking

Edited by sinansencer

Edited by sinansencer

My thoughts on it are that its a useful thing to know how to do but should no more become a habit (or a belief system) than anything else.

I realise this is a position that may go against some purveyors of meditative techniques. But a good teacher will (IMO) work with you on these issues without forcing their own style on you.

---very personal opinion--

• Like 1

What if we do an experiment and we all express

"I feel goooood!"

then a bit later we all express

"Feel goooood!"

see what the different expressions give/take/be?

• Like 1

Oh yeh forgot about yuen method/smiling but still.

If one is feeling good all day it seems a little depressing to completely remove the "I" and I am not the body and all, is this just rationalising it from a perspective of feeling good.

Self denial hmm

But who is feeling good? it is the ego -- this creates attachments to feeling good which then conversely creates the experience of feeling bad when circumstances change (i.e. next time you don't win the argument, which will break down your pride/ego). "I" is separate from the ego's fluctuations, happiness/unhappiness

• Like 1

"thoughtless now is enlightenment temporarily"

is it? This is an assumption as well. Is having a blank mind enlightenment? There's no way we can prove this one way or the other, as it's all intellect and it's not intellectual.. but it seems to me there must be more to it than that

Edit: The ego can still be in a blank state of mind --- this is not Knowledge of the Self as one is still identifying as the ego even in the midst of no thoughts. To me enlightenment (in the world, not the concept of liberation) is complete disidentification with the body/mind (which then naturally leads to very blank peaceful states of mind at times, as a result). This is true infinite peace as one is not attached to a good vs. bad result in the ego complex/circumstances

^opinion

Edited by ancienthealth
  • Like 2

But who is feeling good? it is the ego -- this creates attachments to feeling good which then conversely creates the experience of feeling bad when circumstances change (i.e. next time you don't win the argument, which will break down your pride/ego). "I" is separate from the ego's fluctuations, happiness/unhappiness

What if it is the body that is generating the feeling good? Or the soul? Or spirit?

What if the conscious self is recognising a deep harmony, or even a glimpse of harmony, and celebrating it?

• Like 1

Edited by sinansencer

Edited by sinansencer

Edited by sinansencer

If we watch our feelings.. do we stop feeling them?

How do we know we arent becoming overly head based and losing or disrespecting our natural spontaneous freedom of sense?

I watched when I cried. I watched when I raged. I watched when I was confused. When I was joyful, I wasnt watching, I be- ed it.

I think is clue to our true nature.

• Like 2

Edited by sinansencer

if one says I realise heaven here and I dont realise heaven there, then we know our heaven consciousness is as yet still patchy/uneven/sporadic?!

If our heaven consciousness - or whatever one calls it - comes through in the same way as our channels unblock..

you know the analogy of water through a tangled up garden hosepipe.. fits, starts, splutters, pauses...

• Like 1

Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth.
They say in heaven love comes first.
We'll make heaven a place on earth.
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth.

• Like 2

There is a or the true "I" that has none of these doubts or conflicts, an atom or Atman of Spirit knows itself as same - thus FREE...

• Like 1

Silly man in the picture.

Having an 'existent self' is not so bad; projecting that this self needs more of some things and less of others, which creates another layer of self, or a false, continually-compensating idea of what the self should or should not have, is the problem.

The practice is to learn to fully come to terms with where one is, and what one has, without imputing thoughts of 'i dont have enough' into the processional equation.

Is the message conveyed 'Existence is Suffering'?

Starkly so. But not in the sense that its meant to be understood.

I delete things cos I feel uneasy.

Sleeping meditation shows the way, Zazen shows the way, Fasting shows the way..Heaven is here now always even in samsara.

• Like 1

Can you find a way sinansencer, to withdraw your focus away from your sense organs and thoughts?

Yeah sometimes this happens like yesterday in sleep meditation after this discussion, in zazen.

But it comes and goes, and my mind gets scared, and comes up with 1000 rationalisations as to whats wrong with this (maybe some of them have some truth to them) the one in the OP was this state of withdrawal when the heart is feeling very blocked...

Sign in to follow this