Ian

Everyone's weird today

Just a quickie: it has just been noted in my place of work that "everyone's weird today" (Feb 6th) While we are a limited sample, there does seem to be a certain truth in it. I for one am in a highly peculiar frame of being, though that may date from yesterday or before.

So, question is: is there any significance to the date? Any astrological/chinese astrological speedbumps in the highway of existence just now? Or does our little enclave just need to reduce coffee and get some fresh air?

dont have a clue why, Ian, just wanted to say that I also fel weird, in a good way, like as if everything is sitting differently. I felt it arriving during the night, woke up a couple of times, which I never do usually.

I was weird(er) today as well.

Also, for a few hours I felt quite foggy and woozy - sort of nearly dizzy. It passed by the afternoon...

Spring, according to the Chinese calendar, began two days ago. The two days before and after that date, including today, are transition days when things can get "weird". Perhaps some planetary factor bumped the transition feeling of spring a couple of days late. Interestingly, though the day lenght is getting longer and yanger, the moon phase is waning from the full moon on friday and getting more yinny -- perhaps this contrast is part of the weird feeling.

Here in Chicago and the U.S. Midwest, there is the weirdness of survival mode kicking in. The temperature is a high of 6 and a low of -7 Fahrenheit with windchills below -30. Because we had an exceptionally warm early winter people haven't adapted to it.

Maybe its melodramatic but when you step outside you realize maybe unconsciously that you could die out here. Not if you stay bundled and keep walking, but we are faced with an elemental force that is dangerous. The cold make us think slower. Many more accidents on the road, some due to ice, some due to people not keeping there hands firmly on the wheel because its too cold.

Michael

Interesting...

I thought it was just a crappy day because of the crappy weather here today. I say crappy, because this weird feeling I don`t like.

Astute perception, Ian! February 6th was one of the 13 "Master Killing Days" of the year, which are rather important to keep track of in authentic feng shui. I keep the list of all these next to a wall calendar so that I know when NOT to schedule anything important. The most important things not to do on one of these days are "big" and "new" ones with lasting consequences (i.e., don't get married, don't start a business, don't move to a new home, don't make investments, close deals, sign contracts, start construction, etc.). Small things can get slightly screwed up too -- you might get blisters if you wear a new pair of shoes, you might get into a delay from hell if you travel by air -- but that's not as important as knowing to avoid doing the "big and new" stuff.

I might post a list of the Master Killing Days for 2007 when I have the time to calculate them or else ask someone knowledgeable. (If anyone already has it and can spare me the math and/or the leg work, please share!)

Funny sort of experience yesterday.

My mail-account got shut down (including about 8000 mails and my recently booked electronic plane tickets)...

At first I thought it was a major overhaul of their system, that sometimes blocks ones entry... but nevertheless I called the customer service.

SHE: "Your account was blocked. You haven't payed this year's fees for the webpage"

Me: "Mam. I spoke to a colleague of yours 7 days ago because I got a warning and she checked the system on my hint to find that my bank numbers have been around with you all along for you to just GET the money from my bank AND she was telling me something about the missing payment for Club-Fees and not webpage fees. Why in heaven didn't she tell me about the other open fees as well???"

SHE: "Did you ask her?" :blink:

ME: "Look Mam. Can you please check your system so that we can compare my bank-numbers with what your system shows? There must be a problem with your system..."

SHE: "Sir. you yourself got to know which number you gave us!" :angry:

Is that enough for weirdness?

:rolleyes:

Oh and yes. They really charge 9,35 Euro admonition payment for a warning I didn't get and an amount of 11,88 Euro :o

B)

Weird is right.

I saw a classmate that died a little over 15 years ago in a dream. I said to him, "I thought that you died" and the dream ended right there I think :blink:

http://www.legalrightsadvice.com/NewYorkObserver.jsp

In another one, I was walking with my mom into some sort of establishment. The greeter greeted us and said that "parents are going to be held responsible for their children", I gave a look to my mom and gave the "evil laugh".

Astute perception, Ian! February 6th was one of the 13 "Master Killing Days" of the year, which are rather important to keep track of in authentic feng shui. I keep the list of all these next to a wall calendar so that I know when NOT to schedule anything important. The most important things not to do on one of these days are "big" and "new" ones with lasting consequences (i.e., don't get married, don't start a business, don't move to a new home, don't make investments, close deals, sign contracts, start construction, etc.).

So that long personal inarticulate email to my girlfriend about important stuff might have been better timed....

I might post a list of the Master Killing Days for 2007 when I have the time to calculate them or else ask someone knowledgeable. (If anyone already has it and can spare me the math and/or the leg work, please share!)

Please please do. If it's going to be like this each time I could really use the warning...

P.S. Quick edit: Question: do these days also entail feeling the impulse to do stuff you shouldn't? Cos I felt a great compulsion to change things, establish stuff etc etc

Edited by Ian

P.S. Quick edit: Question: do these days also entail feeling the impulse to do stuff you shouldn't? Cos I felt a great compulsion to change things, establish stuff etc etc

Man, very perceptive again! Yes. Among other things, these days act as traps -- they lure you into undertaking stuff.

Man, very perceptive again! Yes. Among other things, these days act as traps -- they lure you into undertaking stuff.

Would like to hear more about this..Ian, interestingly enough, I had great compulsion to undertake things as well and one thing I acted on didn't work like I wanted. Also intuitively rescheduled an important meeting and I'm glad because I have a different perspective on things...hmmm, that's weird..

T

Would like to hear more about this..Ian, interestingly enough, I had great compulsion to undertake things as well and one thing I acted on didn't work like I wanted. Also intuitively rescheduled an important meeting and I'm glad because I have a different perspective on things...hmmm, that's weird..

T

Not a huge lot to say. I was way out of character, just in terms of obsessiveness / relentlessness and must do it now ness. I may yet escape consequences or not. What was also odd was that other people treated me way differently, some ultra sympathetic, some wary, but everyone noticing me in the street.

It's easy with hindsight to imagine I recognise similar days in the past. But I could be kidding myself. Certainly nothing as powerful. I know several traditions mention that as you clear up a degree of personal stuff you become more open to the influence of external forces, but I wasn't aware of any great changes in me such as might allow same...

Why are they called Master Killing Days? In ancient China, were the rich and wealthy more likely to get offed by their (formerly docile and obsequious) servants on such days?

Why are they called Master Killing Days? In ancient China, were the rich and wealthy more likely to get offed by their (formerly docile and obsequious) servants on such days?

The knowledge is from Xuan Kong (space-time) feng shui (authentic, not the "wealth sector" and "career sector" and the rest of the bogus stuff that has been sold to the West as "feng shui"), and feng shui masters used the name as an inside joke of sorts, meaning it will kill the feng shui master, or at least his or her career, to even take out the luopan for a client on one of these days. Here's a translation I have among my feng shui files (or should I say piles... haven't finished the Full Moon--New Moon cleaning phase of the New Year yet):

Grand Master Yang's Inauspicious Dates (also known as Feng Shui Masters Killing Days)

Translation:

These are the 13 days passed down by deity

There will be losses if having activities

All constructions

If not burned down will meet with disaster

Marriage will not be long lasting

and will not be "till death doth us part"

People come in and go out on these days

Though toil but the expense will be more than income

If buried on these days

the descendents will beg for food

If on the way to one's post on these days

There will be a lot of worries and (...) be dismissed/discharged

Hope those who know will widely pass on to the world

For their descendents will be prosperous and their good deeds will be credited to the next world.

These are inauspicious dates we should avoid for major activities.

Thanks, Taomeow. Better career death than homicide.

The classes I taught on Tuesday went well enough, but today I heard that the furnace is broken in the building I teach in, and that it won't be repaired until the weekend. With temperatures stuck in the single digits here (I feel ya, thelerner), Tuesday might as well have been "Get Ready To Watch Your Breath Steam Up The Classroom On Thursday Day."

maybe a google calendar with those dates might coma handy.

i would have to check for a few years if they are effectively strange. The day Ian pointed out I had nearly a brawl with a collegue from the other group. But I remember in the past days in which EVERYTHING was going wrong. Up to the point that one day with my gf we just went to bed to sleep at 5pm. Because enough is enough.

We haven't by any chance just had another one, have we? Or something similar?

I had a sense of things shifting Sunday night (8th April) and being really a bit wrong all yesterday. Still quite weird now, but as if it's "broken" now.

Or is it just me this time?

Edited by Ian

I had a sense of things shifting Sunday night and being really a bit wrong all yesterday. Still quite weird now, but as if it's "broken" now.

its just you

(things are always weird)

I had a sense of things shifting Sunday night and being really a bit wrong all yesterday. Still quite weird now, but as if it's "broken" now.

Ha! how cool is this. Yesterday was so messed up I was going to write on here and ask if it's another Killing day. Because definately something was different yesterday. It was so chaotic I didn't get a chance to write, but I'm glad you did Ian, because I'm convinced now we are all sensitive to something greater than ourselves.

T

Ha! how cool is this. Yesterday was so messed up I was going to write on here and ask if it's another Killing day. Because definately something was different yesterday. It was so chaotic I didn't get a chance to write, but I'm glad you did Ian, because I'm convinced now we are all sensitive to something greater than ourselves.

T

Everyone was screaming and fighting at my job. At least, more then usual.

Big ticket, expensive household appliances were breaking yesterday. Good thing we got our tax refund, it's spent now. Yet through it all, for the most part, after an initial panic attack, I was in wu wi mode.

This is a really interesting subject.

I often get to see lots of people and observe how they seem to carry similar energy depending on the date. Often there are huge influences like when the last holiday was or the number of rainy days in a row. I always wonder though...

I found this list of the Master killing days, with a slightly odd numbering (doubling the seven and ending at 12 (was this intentional?))

http://mimimoorhouse.com/masterkillingday.htm

Then I went to

http://www.mandarintools.com/calconv_old.html

which gave me

April 25th

May 23rd

June 19th

for the next three.

Was yesterday one?

I was pretty off myself. I had to meditate just to get my mind to stop racing.

Then I went to

http://www.mandarintools.com/calconv_old.html

which gave me

April 25th

May 23rd

June 19th

for the next three.

I did check the page... can you give me any hints on how you did the calculation? I am pretty ignorant regarding calendars and things like that...

thankx much in advance

Harry

PS: actually wanted to open a business on 23rd May as somehow it is a pretty good date from the point of view of the illuminates...