Wells

The truth about Gary Clyman's Golden Bell demo :D

http://www.facebook.com/groups/thefajinproject

The Clyman “Uppercut” story has periodically made the rounds over the last 32 years. For those who might still have an interest (hard to believe), I was a witness to Clyman’s rudeness. (I uploaded a sample of the photos that I still have from that day that include Grandmaster Chang, my teacher Sifu Daniel Weng, my Shuai Chiao students including Clyman, and myself. The photos also include an Inside Kung Fu article on Shuai Chiao that Al Siegel and I wrote in May 1980: http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/ascacademy/library/American%20Shuai%20Chiao%20Academy?evt=email_share )

The event took place at my old martial arts school, “American Shuai Chiao Academy” in 1981. The school was located on the second floor of the Euclid Arcade, Cleveland, Ohio. I started the school with my friend Al Siegel (also in the photos) in the late 70’s. Our teacher was Sifu Daniel Weng who was a PhD student at Ohio State University at that time. For years, Al and I would travel to Columbus, Ohio to study with Daniel. And he would come up to our school on alternating weekends to train us in Grandmaster’s Chang’s Shuai Chiao and Tai Chi Chuan. Our school gave demonstrations at other martial arts schools in Ohio to promote Shuai Chiao and eventually sponsored tournaments with them.

I hosted Grandmaster Chang at my Shuai Chiao school on a number of occasions. He was simply incredible (as if I could be a judge of his quality)! He was even better than all the superlatives that have been bestowed on him. It was truly an honor just to be in the same room with him.

When Grandmaster Chang would train us at my school I was scared to death. When he threw you (and he was always gentle with us according to Daniel) you just wanted to stay down. We practiced on two layers of tatami mats that Daniel said I had to purchase for the school to be authentic (along with other traditional training materials). They worked fine until Grandmaster Chang threw us. Then the mats felt like the concrete floor that was under the mats.

On the day of Grandmaster’s Chang’s 1981 demonstration, I told Clyman, who had been my student for over a year, “none of your nonsense.” Clyman was in awe of Grandmaster Chang and had known him as a student through Waysun Liao for years. And Grandmaster Chang and Clyman seemed to have a nonverbal level of mutual understanding between them that I did not understand. I think Grandmaster Chang found Clyman’s fearless outrageousness amusing. I didn’t. But I should have known he would not listen to me. Clyman always wanted to test his Gold Bell skills.

It is true that Clyman asked Grandmaster Chang to hit him. (We had no liability insurance!) Grandmaster Chang hit Clyman a number of times on the collarbone and then in the stomach. Gary just had a smirk on his face the whole time. He had no sense of decorum in this type of situation even though he deeply respected Grandmaster Chang. Grandmaster Chang then gave Clyman an uppercut. Clyman’s head flew back but he still just stood there. There was no smirk this time, however, on Clyman’s face.

No one knows what Grandmaster Chang intended during that episode. I imagine he could have just killed Clyman but thankfully probably thought better of it. But he got along fine with Clyman afterwards in their nonverbal communication way. Clyman later that day asked Grandmaster Chang through a translator whether he felt old. I don’t think Clyman intended to be disrespectful, but intent doesn’t really matter in this case. However, Grandmaster Chang just smiled and pointed to his lower legs for Clyman to touch. Clyman said they felt like iron posts.

For purposes of transparency, over many years I continued to train Clyman in Shuai Chiao and he began training me in Waysun Liao’s Temple Style Tai Chi Chuan which I have taught at a university for the last ten years (no more falling on straw mats at my age). Clyman does continue to be outrageous. His favorite pastime is to expose charlatans. But he is crude and adolescent, in my opinion, in his means. He doesn’t conduct rigorous evidence-based studies. And he pays no attention to my Oxford Journal academic research on critical thinking (http://inferenceincourt.com) for advice on such studies. He just says “hit me with your best stuff” to anyone as a test of their level of vibration. I mean anyone. In this day and age, this behavior is still offensive to me. But, Clyman never listens to me.

It all happend in Joseph Laronges's school. Laronge is clearly NO Clyman-groupie as his phrasing and interpretation of the situation proves! Therefore his credibility seems unassailable to me.

No one knows what Grandmaster Chang intended during that episode. I imagine he could have just killed Clyman but thankfully probably thought better of it.

^Above is Laronge's personal interpretation of the situation: Obviously he believes that it is possible that Chang hold back to not kill Clyman.

However, Clyman was in fact not only not killed, he seemed not affected at all!

Clyman was in awe of Grandmaster Chang and had known him as a student through Waysun Liao for years. And Grandmaster Chang and Clyman seemed to have a nonverbal level of mutual understanding between them that I did not understand.

But he got along fine with Clyman afterwards in their nonverbal communication way. Clyman later that day asked Grandmaster Chang through a translator whether he felt old. I don’t think Clyman intended to be disrespectful, but intent doesn’t really matter in this case. However, Grandmaster Chang just smiled and pointed to his lower legs for Clyman to touch. Clyman said they felt like iron posts.

^Fact is, that Clyman and Chang treated each other with mutual honesty, friendliness and respect before, during and after the golden bell test.

It is true that Clyman asked Grandmaster Chang to hit him. (We had no liability insurance!) Grandmaster Chang hit Clyman a number of times on the collarbone and then in the stomach. Gary just had a smirk on his face the whole time. He had no sense of decorum in this type of situation even though he deeply respected Grandmaster Chang. Grandmaster Chang then gave Clyman an uppercut. Clyman’s head flew back but he still just stood there. There was no smirk this time, however, on Clyman’s face.

^Fact is that Clyman was NOT affected by Grandmaster Chang's hits! He didn't even stumble back after the uppercut:

Clyman’s head flew back but he still just stood there.

^Clyman did not have to make one single step backwards after the uppercut!

=> The objective observation of the incident shows that Clyman's Golden Bell technique gave him the ability to absorb the blows of Grandmaster Chang without being affected.

The question if this is possible because Grandmaster Chang hold back or because Clyman's powers were so overwhelming even back then that even Grandmaster Chang's hardest hits would have or actually have simply "bounced off" his golden bell technique, is in the area of personal interpretation, because Chang did not comment on the fact if he did hit Clyman with full force or not!

However, the mutual honesty, respect and friendliness that defined the contact between Clyman and Chang implicates that Chang gave Clyman a "real" test of his Golden Bell abilities!

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Facepalm. :wacko: This whole drama is getting silly, but strangely entertaining in a sick way. :P

How much is Clyman paying you? Are you Clyman?

Why not simply show your skills and collect your $$$$$ ?

There's really nothing to be gained from these threads. It's clearly beyond the 'baffle em with bs' stage. Show the skeptics your skills, collect your money, pass go, and start buying hotels all over the board.

Then we all bow down to Gary Clyman's superChi and you can get on with your life and raise the price of your dvd's and books!

• Like 1

Facepalm. :wacko: This whole drama is getting silly,

No, it isn't.

but strangely entertaining in a sick way. :P

I'm glad you like it.

How much is Clyman paying you?

Nothing at all.

Are you Clyman?

No.

Why not simply show your skills and collect your $$$$$ ?

This is about Clyman's credibility as a teacher and a master and about the worth of his system, not about me.

I'm only his student.

There's really nothing to be gained from these threads.

There are good people out there desperately trying to find a great system that's no BS.

I know that situation, therefore I help these people with my threads and via PM.

That's the reason for my work here.

It's clearly beyond the 'baffle em with bs' stage. Show the skeptics your skills, collect your money, pass go, and start buying hotels all over the board.

John Chang did and regrets it today.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Ok then.... If you say so.

Huge difference between John chang and Clyman in my opinion. Clyman is actively teaching, making dvd's, and has been making claims and demo's of his qi gong for many years for the purpose of making money.

I'll give you one thing.... You are very persistent. hehe :)

• Like 1

So you can't post links on youtube comments?

Anyway I posted a comment on Joe Rogan's latest youtube upload that he should check out qigong masters Effie Chow, Chunyi Lin, Jim Nance, Wang Liping, Yan Xin and John Chang.

I think it's time for the qigong masters to at least get some visibility out there in the martial arts world.

Yes qi energy is real and if need be can be used in a conflict.

Me personally -- when I was confronted with a hostile person I would 1) immediately it in full lotus 2) immediately transmit chi by flexing my pineal gland.

My goal - to rewire their brain neurons and to fill them with bliss energy so they no longer were emotionally controlled by anger. haha.

• Like 3

hi, for what is worth, I ´m one person that has been working on my own and fin the help by Dorian valuable and informative, regarding my practice.So one more time thanks for your time -Dorian

• Like 2

hi, for what is worth, I ´m one person that has been working on my own and fin the help by Dorian valuable and informative, regarding my practice.So one more time thanks for your time -Dorian

Thank you very much for your nice comment, haripal! :)

Allright, I decided to post my personal experience with Gary's new training systems here again.

Yesterday, Saturday, I video taped my OPEN FIRE DVD Program. We went straight through and NO editing will be required.

I have prepared a flash drive to send to Matt in DE to convert and dress up as a DVD that I can then produce.

This will take a few weeks, but if you want to place your orders now, I will send your first.

This is HOT. It is exactly one hour. The format is different than my other videos, in that on OPEN FIRE, there are not 2 versions.

It's just one routine straight through from beginning to end. Everything in the Sub-Set expresses FIRE. It is wavy like the tail of a flame, NOT fluid like BIG WAVE WATER.

I will send more info when I create it! If you wish to order this now, call me. The next DVD Program I will created will be some sort of 5-ELEMENT DVD, since Master Matt Mollica has ordered me to... Let's talk soon. Gary J. Clyman
================================================
CHI KUNG & NEI KUNG ACADEMY OF AMERICA™
CHI KUNG • NEI KUNG • TEMPLE STYLE TAI CHI
"Internal Kung Fu Practices That Work"
Classes, Treatments, Workshops & DVDs"
Gary J. Clyman / Licensed Acupuncturist,
Chi Kung & Nei Kung Master
131 N. Green St., Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607
Locally call, (312) 446-8218
Nationally call, (800) 782-4244
Video Skype me at Clygar
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.chikung.com

To order or make payments please use my SHOP site.

http://www.chikung.com/shop

Last sunday and today I had the privilege to test as one of his guinea pigs Gary's new stuff:

BIG WAVE and the upcoming OPEN FIRE DVD programs!

Before the test I told Gary last sunday that I don't think that I would be able to feel something because I consider my development not advanced and obviously this new stuff was very advanced stuff that required an already present "Jing" that could be "flavored" and expressed!

Because that's what Gary's new element stuff seems to be about!

However, even if the exercises are obviously very advanced and very intense and I wasn't able to grasp all of the details of all the exercises during the test, in one of the exercises you had to push the "flavored" jing out of one arm and project it into the other and I was very surprised to feel clearly the impact of the energy on the arm which was the target of the projection! This was the case in every repetition of this exercise! In another exercise, you had to push out of your palm the "fire-flavored" jing and I could clearly feel the heat on my palm! This was also the result during every rep of this exercise! I was quite amazed, because I didn't expect it because of my personal level! Also, the Jing you create/flavor during BIG WAVE feels completely different as the one you create during OPEN FIRE!

I'm still pretty concerned about my basics at the moment and therefore I have no comprehension how this advanced stuff works, but it clearly does and it's a fascinating subject! B)

Gary's system is a complete one and provides you with all the great stuff that really works to develop real Jing and even to express and flavor it according to the 5 Elements!

Gary's advanced students requested this amazing stuff to be able to progress in this very advanced direction, about which normally you'll never be able to learn anything because it's considered extremely "indoor"!

• Like 1

Gary Clyman is a textbook Enneagram 8. 8's don't want to be controlled by anyone or anything. So the fact that he rebelled against the system when was younger is just his nature.

• Like 3

Gary Clyman is a textbook Enneagram 8. 8's don't want to be controlled by anyone or anything. So the fact that he rebelled against the system when was younger is just his nature.

Interesting! :D

I loved seeing a comment using the Enneagram. Those number 8's are something else with their grandiosity and control.

LOL! Out of curiosity, I just did the "RHETI Enneagram Type Indicator" test.

Highest score in [drum roll] ... Type 8 :lol:

LOL! Out of curiosity, I just did the "RHETI Enneagram Type Indicator" test.

Highest score in [drum roll] ... Type 8 :lol:

I'm a 5....But when I'm using Gary's DPR daily and condensing all day - I know if I take the test - I'll score as an 8. It changes my personality that much. It might just be because 5's go to 8 when healthy. I'm wondering if all types move to 8 or just me because I'm a 5. I had you pegged as a 6. Would you of typed yourself as an 8 before Clyman's program?

I'm a 5....But when I'm using Gary's DPR daily and condensing all day - I know if I take the test - I'll score as an 8. It changes my personality that much. It might just be because 5's go to 8 when healthy. I'm wondering if all types move to 8 or just me because I'm a 5. I had you pegged as a 6.

6 & 7 had actually the lowest scores.

Should I be concerned about that?

Would you of typed yourself as an 8 before Clyman's program?

Eights as Children Often

• are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
  • are sometimes loners
  • seize control so they won't be controlled
  • fugure out others' weaknesses
  • attack verbally or physically when provoked
  • take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

100%, yes.

Interesting that the 7 score is that low....Gary seems to have a very strong 7 wing. Actually, after studying this stuff for a while I think the instinctual subtypes are the most important part of the enneagram. I'm a sexual 5. Sexual types I've noticed are the most intense, have addictive personalities, and crave intense experiences. I seem to get along best with these types in real life. The social and sub preservation types I tend to butt heads with.

Edited by chi 2012
  • Like 1

I work with a Type 9 that I'm getting into Chikung. He's getting ready to do the Clyman 3 day condensing breathing challenge. I'll monitor and report back if he turns into the incredible hulk. :)

• Like 1

When you have a number 8 along with a high score in number 3 you have a Donald J. Trump. One who shows off his power and control in order to be admired by others.