WillingToListen

What is the point

VM... i think the quotes are neutral.

They work well.

But...

Saying you're using them because they get under people's skin.... is probably the ONLY reason they ever got under anyone's skin... i hope that's a full 2 cents...

VM... i think the quotes are neutral.

They work well.

But...

Saying you're using them because they get under people's skin.... is probably the ONLY reason they ever got under anyone's skin... i hope that's a full 2 cents...

Good point. Let me redefine that,...1. I use quotes that are appropriate to the context of my post,...not the context of the quoter. 2. Using quotes helps me to see who are serious, and who are not serious about waking up,...by observing the response to the quote. Those who reject the use of quotes in the context of my posts, have no interest in waking up,...and thus, no need for me to make any serious attempt to explain a position, because they've shown, by rejection of the quote in the context it was shared, that they are uninterested to begin with.

I am not going to defend the United States of America. Point is: enjoy your life while you are alive. You never know what's gonna happen after you die.

• Like 1

there is no point, life is a circle!

an interconnected circle.

hurt others all u want but u will only destroy yourself faster

KYE HO! Listen with joy!

Investment in samsara is futile; it is the cause of every anxiety.

As worldly involvement is pointless, seek the heart of reality!

One realizes joy only after one lets go of the need for joy. Need that arises from ordinary knowledge longs for things that it believes it does not have. In reality, everything already is; there is no lack, only beliefs that conceal abundance. Need also attracts more to need. If I say, "I need money," the universe doesn’t bring money, it brings more circumstances to need money.

The essence of reality is akin to physics’ observation of nonlocality or universal correlation, that is, the understanding that everything in nature is instantaneously connected with and affected by everything else. Bell’s theorem showed experimentally that this is so. If A is instantly aware of where B is, even though they may be located at opposite ends of the universe, this implies that A and B, although perceived as different, have some fundamental sameness. Such a phenomenon upsets science, and scientists ridicule universal correlations as astrological superstition or spiritual nonsense.

From a duality point of view, all phenomena are interdependent on all other phenomena, both form and emptiness. That understanding is as a gateway to the essence of reality. One taste of the relationship between form and emptiness is like becoming lucid within a dream, becoming aware that it is only a dream.

To pursue the essence of reality is to attract to yourself that which you cannot leave and that which cannot leave you. Only that which is permanent cannot leave you. Permanence is uncovered in the present. You may have heard the term power of the now. All power, all energy, all form, and all emptiness arises from the now. Not the perceived present. All perception is in the past.

In the transcending of mind’s dualities is supreme vision;

In a still and silent mind is supreme meditation;

In spontaneity is supreme activity;

And when all hopes and fears have died, the goal is reached.

Balance can only be realized in the timeless now of undivided, clear light. Energy and mass do not and cannot exist outside time. There is no now in time. The now is like a still fulcrum upon which time and energy move interdependently with space. Understanding this shifts our ability to use attention and intention to the highest perfection. A profound shift is illustrated in Harry Nilsson’s fable of Oblio’s leaving the Land of Point, where everyone was required by law to have a point, and everything had to have a point.

• Like 1

Out of courtesy, I typically use the names of people quoted. I very much enjoy using quotes,...most because they irritate non-serious seekers.

That's an interesting method to tell serious seekers apart from non-serious seekers.

By the way, thanks for constant bringing up heart sutra. I've been reading it. I think I understand the first sentence.

Back to topic.

One's existence is enough contribution to this world, anything more is bonus.

That's an interesting method to tell serious seekers apart from non-serious seekers.

By the way, thanks for constant bringing up heart sutra. I've been reading it. I think I understand the first sentence.

The first sentence of the Heart Sutra is not so easy for many,....Karl Brunnholzl, in his excellent commentary 'The Heart Attack Sutra' devotes three pages to the first sentence. If that book was available 40 years ago, may have spared me from 10,000 hours of research,...which shouldn't be construed as a complaint,...but as an acknowledgment of the Short Path blessings which today's seekers have available.

Edited by Vmarco

im still not convinced of death, life, birth, killing, etc... ESPECIALLY if reality is a singular dimensional point!

If that is the case, there is only recycling of definite quanta to provide an illusion of indefinite quanta.

In which case, life and death are merely arrangements of the quantum of reality... and none of my concern.

I you are willing to commit suicide then why not let the false you die - walk away from your story - your skin in the game - loyalty to your positions, your agony?

Drop the thinking and just be - ?

If you can't see the forest through the teaching - stop trying. Effort is one of the biggest reasons for never getting out of the gate.

One of the great things about these teachings is just how incredibly fine they are. On the other hand, they give the mind the impression that it is grasping something. As your understanding grows you will come to understand that you know nothing. At some point you will begin to see no position and no "assessment" - no inertia - neutrality - this changes everything in an instant.

When you reach this point - no one can teach you - no teaching can encompass the ittle thing you have done that so few have. It is a lie that it must take years. There are no secrets just walls made of nothing.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

i protest the prerequisites and can never embrace that which i have beheld. i suffer for no sake otehr than to protest the existence of suffering, beyond a helping hand; not a God in my own right: I cannot listen to a word of my own advice, knowing that where it comes from... is not divine truth.

Which makes me jealous of all those pampered rich kids i would happily murder. yeah that is threatoning and violent. what of it? it is an opinion. opinions dont kill. actions do.

Beware your thoughts...as they become your actions...

Absolutely, you can never censor yourself, but always look inwards and don't be afraid to change if something is knocking on the head prompting you to do so. I used to have similar attitudes to you, but for whatever reason, they passed....

Debts are a theoretical abstract

based on fairness which is based on perspective and therefore empty

America is a theoretical concept

based on grouping , which is based on collective perspective and also empty

Wrongness is a theoretical idea

based on opinion which again is empty

If you choose to not examine this stuff for some anchoring point .. thats up to you

personally I think one can find that they are essentially baseless as far as the universe is concerned

and if you should find that to be so .. you may be less disturbed by the state of your present circumstance

and the state of all humanity as a whole ( which would be a great burden indeed - that you cant change anyway)

• Like 1

i may be baseless, but i am not unaffected by the world i live in or the state of my present circumstances.

If i knew how i could divorce my perceived-self from my circumstances and experiences, why would i fight so hard to change them?