Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Passive Aggressiveness On The Spiritual Path

Greetings,

Subscribing yourself to a psychological 'models' like passive-aggressive,or agressive,passive,assertive is kind of pointless.

In reality we all have all of those traits,taking our personas(mask) on and off.For example,you may be

aggressive when you are encountering beings weaker then yourself,and passive aggressive towards

those whom you see as stronger, then being passive to your own faults,etc.

That article tries to deal with overcoming passive aggressiveness near its end,assuming you can have

an honest 'win-win' situation between people at all times,in reality there are cases when there such end is

impossible.Not everyone is open minded,honest,kind and understanding.There are situations where

being a timid sheep is not gonna stop wolves from tearing you apart.

So in end,it is important to be honest,just,forgiving and understanding but there are times when swift

action may be required which may seem aggressive to some but which will preserve harmony in longer

run.This is why it is important to apply the principle of Yin and Yang,overuse of either is detrimental,you

must blend action and non-action,speaking up and remaining silent,be alert while relaxed,etc according

to our own experience and understanding brought wisdom.

Our inner nature is unexpressionable,constant yet it wears our personalities like clothes,ever changing in

colours and qualities.It is a paradox yet it isnt.

Edit:typo and text format.

Edited by Syl
  • Like 1

Well it goes back to the main point...it's not a matter of aggression or non aggression alway being right in all situations. It's about acting appropriately in situations, and not being fake. When you're being passive aggresive you are being timid in an aggressive way. That's the issue.

When you're being passive aggresive you are being timid in an aggressive way. That's the issue.

More like aggressive in a timid way. I've often found that people whith a certain degree of knowledge tend to act with an air of superiority all the time, even as they type you can see it in their words, they're tainted with that fucking arrogance and smugness.

It's often the people who believe themselves to be "above" something, who act so dignified all the time as if they never looked at their shit stained paper after wiping. you know who act like that all the time? People who won't call themselves wise but you can see it in their speech, on their faces... they think they are wise, they think they're better.

I think that's a load of bullshit and pardon-my-french. Nobody is above anything in this world, given the right situation, the right push and you'd have kings kissing a beggar's feet, a gourmand eating microwave food and a peaceful buddhist monk beheading a little girl.

• Like 1

Syl,

I'd recommend to read this response from I am, as it sums up my thoughts on what you said above:

---- There are a lot of traits I've picked up that are counter productive to being the best human I can be. Passive aggressiveness is not a virtue. It's something people hide behind.

Now, feeling aggressive, identifying that I'm feeling aggressive, being ok with that and not afraid to to express it, yet restraining from expressing it because I feel that it's truly uncalled for...using discretion...THIS is a virtue.

The thing with passive aggressiveness, which your first post pointed out, is that it's done out of fear and malice, not confidence and virtue.

There's a big difference between being passive aggressive, and using discretion and wisdom in how you react to something or what you say to someone.

Is this what passive-aggressive is?

Some steps determine once and for all stuff ... while some steps be just steps taken... (or not taken)... Some live remembering the past, some live expecting the future, some live and create the present.... and then some get to do it all and share the past present and future including their infinite possibilities knowing that the step they take now may well be the determinate one for stepping over eternity or into it with grace ...

am thinking of letting these words stand only for a while

Just a few of the kinds of things some e. t. ought likes to leave on my articles, and exactly what the mods on this forum are so quick to note as "Noted".

I believe this cop-esque "Noted" comment from the mods is even more passive aggressive.

Is this what passive-aggressive is?

Just a few of the kinds of things some e. t. ought likes to leave on my articles, and exactly what the mods on this forum are so quick to note as "Noted".

I believe this cop-esque "Noted" comment from the mods is even more passive aggressive.

Attacks from another will only seem like an attack if it resonates and strikes with something inside of us that we dislike and realise we are repressing somewhat. A billionaire being called a tramp by a tramp will probably not get offended. Often we react most strongly or encounter situations that bring out or pain..

Just food for thought.

I would say your post here is more passive aggresive than what you quoted. Rather than just dealing strictly with whoever you've got an issue with, you're posting in other threads continually bringing up this beef you have with someone.

With all due respect. No idea what you've got going on and I'll admit I'm not interested.

Sign in to follow this