mike 134

connection between semen and the brain ?

Hey guys.

A lot of ppl make a big deal out of semen retention (refraining from ejaculation) because of its supposed beneficial effects on the body. I tried it myself for 20 days recently and experienced some rather unpleasant neurological effects that you guys call kundalini overload. http://thetaobums.com/topic/27060-20-days-of-experimentation-with-semen-retention/

So this got me thinking: what exactly is it about retaining semen that causes neurological effects?? I've been doing some studying and I found some interesting similarities between the brain and the testes. For instance, both have barriers that restrict the entry of large molecules from the bloodstream (the blood-brain barrier and the blood-testes barrier), and both organs are very high in cholesterol. Further, I found this research paper stating that gene expression profiles (and therefore protein production) are very similar between the two organs: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15004465

Present results provide evidence to support the proposal that human testis and brain share the highest similarity of gene expression patterns. The implications of the similarity regarding that both brain and testis contributed to human speciation are discussed.

So I guess it's not surprising that some change in the testes (from semen retention) causes some change in the brain?? And that change disappears when retention is no longer practiced. I personally experience restlessness, insomnia, and twitching when I don't ejaculate for over three days, but these effects go away immediately once I cum. So I hypothesize the following:

There exists some chemical substance that is produced in the testes whose normal route of elimination is through ejaculation. When one refrains from ejaculation, this substance accumulates in the bloodstream and eventually crosses the blood brain barrier, producing excito-toxic effects on neurological tissues.

I think ppl with kundalini either produce high quantities of this substance, or it might be that regular ppl don't produce it at all. Who knows. But it's interesting that it is theoretically possible to test my hypothesis through experiment. Maybe I can take purified extracts of my semen and inject it into volunteers, and see if they experience restlessness, insomnia, altered states of consciousness, etc???

Any thoughts? Anybody wanna to volunteer ??? :D :D :D

Edited by mike 134

lol are you volunteering? that actually sounds kind of hot but only if ur a girl heh heh.

I actually read that whole article. Thanks, but I think the author is way too pessimistic. Okay you do lose sugars, proteins, and some lipids when you cum, but that is no great tragedy by any means when you realize that the whole point of the testes is to make more of that stuff, and it keeps making it as long as the raw material is there (food). I just came back from an all u can eat buffet and I ate around 4000 calories of super dense food rich in nutrients. So it's not like my testes are starving for sugars, proteins, etc.

If you do retain then eventually there will be a state of equilibrium where the rate of resorption of seminal substances equal the rate of production. This is the state of homeostasis, meaning that you do not keep acummulating more and more.

• Like 1

First problems is that you need a specific chemical to test that has known effects on the physiological system. Second, the main proponants of retention claim chi, prana, energy benefits, which are not test(icle)able. :D

If you do retain then eventually there will be a state of equilibrium where the rate of resorption of seminal substances equal the rate of production. This is the state of homeostasis, meaning that you do not keep accumulating more and more.

of importance in this is something that affects the rate of production - something you DO have direct control over - your thoughts! the pudendal nerve arises from the s2-s4 nerve plexus and there is an efferent bundle that attaches to the testes - so the efferent ducts>Seminiferous tubules>mediastinum mechanism within the epididymis serves to accelerate the sperm and further their maturation process. fluids from the prostate trigger the completion of maturation and full maturity happens outside the body. "efferent" means the nerves generally serve to carry information-impulse away from the brain (as opposed to afferent.)

544px-Testis.gif

so herein lies the reason to restrain lustful thought, especially if one is conserving or practicing retention. the thoughts increase production and begin accelerating things!

so no lustful thoughts, no blue balls, no matter how long you go without losing it. :lol:

the root is mind once again, if you dont take care of the problem at the root, fuhgettaboutit! you will fail. :D

(imho this is also where the concept of 'dead jing' comes about - the sperm is more efficiently reabsorbed before it has furthered its maturation process)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2