Sleeper

Does anyone know if Jim McMillan is still alive?

Hi,

First of all I am thinking that this specific topic must be removed or renamed.It is at least macabre to ask in such a brut way if another human being is alive or not.

Second , in my personal strictly opinion,YES there is a connection between Level 2 (compression ), and prostate problems.

I have stopped Level 2 by myself due to first signs of annoying symptoms during compression.

Is it a spirit behind it?

Not at all as J.C, has given his permission to continue with the level.

Is it wrong way of practice?

Not at all as the exercise was given on person by J.C.

Is it imbalanced Yin and Yang?

Maybe but not so much.

I do know only a person that had not problem with the Level2, but it is a well balanced person ,dedicated with pure heart ,that is fasting and avoiding negative thoughts or temptation of lust ,in other words he is not only practicing physically but he is also in peace of mind.

We tend to forget that we have to approach similar teachings as a whole and we are separating mind and body.

In every inner system we have to purify ourselves, get rid of our ego and become nothing.

To practise having in mind that you need few more months of a specific training and then you will become something is hubris .

I ve dedicated my self to level 1 only and I am happy ...

If anyone here knows what they are talking about Chen. Listen to him.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Praying for the soul of Jim McMillan. I hope he finds the peace he is looking for.

More_Pie_Guy,

You have good intent but a real problem of ego. You are not answering my questions but writing your assumptions, perceptions, opinions as if they are facts and want everybody to accept them. I pointed a suspicion, you started a battle.

A more serious question for you and all Mo Pai, Longmen Pai, etc, all neigong followers: Remember that the master of Mo Pai attacked and killed everybody in the enemy village when he was level thirty of Mo Pai, what will prevent you from doing bad things and from being slaves of your egos if you really develop yourselves in these neigong schools?

Even in your present situation, you are not able to continue a civilized discussion and try to give commands like a dictator, if you become level three in Mo Pai, how will you prevent yourself from evolving into a monster?

Think about it.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri
  • Like 1

Hi,

First of all I am thinking that this specific topic must be removed or renamed.It is at least macabre to ask in such a brut way if another human being is alive or not.

Second , in my personal strictly opinion,YES there is a connection between Level 2 (compression ), and prostate problems.

I have stopped Level 2 by myself due to first signs of annoying symptoms during compression.

Is it a spirit behind it?

Not at all as J.C, has given his permission to continue with the level.

Is it wrong way of practice?

Not at all as the exercise was given on person by J.C.

Is it imbalanced Yin and Yang?

Maybe but not so much.

I do know only a person that had not problem with the Level2, but it is a well balanced person ,dedicated with pure heart ,that is fasting and avoiding negative thoughts or temptation of lust ,in other words he is not only practicing physically but he is also in peace of mind.

We tend to forget that we have to approach similar teachings as a whole and we are separating mind and body.

In every inner system we have to purify ourselves, get rid of our ego and become nothing.

To practise having in mind that you need few more months of a specific training and then you will become something is hubris .

I ve dedicated my self to level 1 only and I am happy ...

Thank you Chen.

Please understand that I pointed out my suspicion, repeat suspicion about the similarity in the cases of Kostas Danaos and Jim McMillan. That is all.

There may be some other aspects unknown to us about Kostas Danaos, as the everybody knowing the subject was sure that deceased masters of Mo Pai did not want Kostas to continue his training in 2003-2004. May be, I am speculating, that was specific to Kostas but not valid for Jim Mc Millan and others. God knows.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

what will prevent you from doing bad things and from being slaves of your egos if you really develop yourselves in these neigong schools?

Neigong doesn't kill people, people kill people.

May be, I am speculating

Yup.

Neigong doesn't kill people, people kill people.

Yup.

More_Pie_Guy,

You said Kostas and Jim's prostate cancers are normal cases, other people practicing Long Men Pai are not ill. right?

If Kostas and Jim gets prostate cancer, according to you it is normal and cancer statistics say that prostate cancer is very common among men. Then could you tell me why do the other men practicing Long Men Pai (that you are aware of) or other neigong styles does not have prostate cancer?

You said prostate cancer is very common among men, 1 out of 6 will have it definitely, eeee, then what is the reason for others not to have prostate cancer? Why are they healthy?

You said "If anyone here knows what they are talking about Chen. Listen to him."

What did Chen say?

"Second , in my personal strictly opinion,YES there is a connection between Level 2 (compression ) (of Mo Pai) , and prostate problems.

I have stopped Level 2 by myself due to first signs of annoying symptoms during compression."

Then what did you say?

"Neigong doesn't kill people, people kill people."

Kostas Danaos had prostate cancer, got medical treatment. Jim McMillan had prostate cancer and passed away due to a complication of this illness. Chen says level 2 (compression) is connected to prostate problems. Neigong does not kill people but people practicing neigong can have prostate problems and even prostate cancer. How nice, isn't it?

I am really tired of this sick game.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri
  • Like 1

In my opinion it was most likely the combination of being and older and semen retention that made it extremely likely for Jim and Kosta to get prostate cancer. Either way just finish the first three levels before you become a senior citizen and you have nothing to worry about lol.

• Like 1

They are older men, and in the demographic that gets prostate issues and cancer.

One in six US men will get prostate cancer.

Studies show that men who ejaculate frequently, are less prone to prostate issues and prostate cancer.

Perhaps semen retention practices increase the risk of prostate issues and prostate cancer.

Perhaps as Chen suggests compression plays a part.

Longmen pai has similar practices and they do not get sick, however I don't remember any semen retention practices either.

Ping Heng Gong is similar to level 2a in mo pai.

I am also tired of arguing with you. If you wish to believe the masters of mo pai curse students with prostate issues that's up to you.

More_Pie_Guy,

You said Kostas and Jim's prostate cancers are normal cases, other people practicing Long Men Pai are not ill. right?

If Kostas and Jim gets prostate cancer, according to you it is normal and cancer statistics say that prostate cancer is very common among men. Then could you tell me why do the other men practicing Long Men Pai (that you are aware of) or other neigong styles does not have prostate cancer?

You said prostate cancer is very common among men, 1 out of 6 will have it definitely, eeee, then what is the reason for others not to have prostate cancer? Why are they healthy?

You said "If anyone here knows what they are talking about Chen. Listen to him."

What did Chen say?

"Second , in my personal strictly opinion,YES there is a connection between Level 2 (compression ) (of Mo Pai) , and prostate problems.

I have stopped Level 2 by myself due to first signs of annoying symptoms during compression."

Then what did you say?

"Neigong doesn't kill people, people kill people."

Kostas Danaos had prostate cancer, got medical treatment. Jim McMillan had prostate cancer and passed away due to a complication of this illness. Chen says level 2 (compression) is connected to prostate problems. Neigong does not kill people but people practicing neigong can have prostate problems and even prostate cancer. How nice, isn't it?

I am really tired of this sick game.

• Like 1

Regardless, always good to keep an eye on the bigger picture, of which cultivation techniques are merely only a part.. While a step-by-step, paint-by-numbers, powerfully-distilled formula for life can sound appealing, real life as a whole is generally far more complex and organically chaotic than just that..

girl-juggling-five-balls.gif

Curveball factors like possible lineage karmic patterns or how to heal cancer might not be included in any stripped-down methodology, yet may be just as vitally important should they arise. Especially if not practicing under the direct supervision and care of a qualified "master."

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

What's the source on Kosta Danaos having prostate cancer anyway? Did one of his students say this or is it just made up?

Shame to hear about Jim Mcmillian and his decline of health, at least, from his students' post, he passed peacefully. Blessings to him and his family & friends.

No idea I've never heard of Kosta having prostate issues, or Andreas.

What's the source on Kosta Danaos having prostate cancer anyway? Did one of his students say this or is it just made up?

Shame to hear about Jim Mcmillian and his decline of health, at least, from his students' post, he passed peacefully. Blessings to him and his family & friends.

Something else to be aware of:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57584205/agent-orange-exposure-linked-to-deadliest-form-of-prostate-cancer-in-vietnam-war-vets/

Agent Orange exposure linked to deadliest form of prostate cancer in Vietnam War vets

Monsanto has specialized in producing synthetic environmental toxins for a century now, with the full support of our ruling regime.

monsantoprotectionact.png

Here's some of their greatest hits!

Saccharin

Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)

Polystyrene

DDT

Agent Orange w/dioxin

Petroleum-based fertilizer

Glyphosate

Aspartame

Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH)

GMOs

monsanto-fda.png

Amazing what all a single company can do! :blink:

Edited by vortex

As far as I am aware, Kosta having prostate cancer is only a rumor. I haven't heard any solid evidence that this is true.

Yeah, very sad about Jim. His life seemed to be really tough those last couple years and at least now he has peace. I wish him better luck in the next life!

What Happened to QI Energy being able to cure all disease ? Or Illness not being able to enter if the person has enough QI ? These are facts not myths. It shocks and disappoints me that the people who constantly murmur magical words about the wonders of QIgong & Neigong are willing to just sit back and accept this.

Here was a man, with supposedly more QI then most people on the planet, a full compressed dantian of yang qI, Not to mention touch and kill power. Then he just gets cancer & dies ? Absurd. Agent orange should not matter either as Qi can supposedly overcome anything. So what is really going on here ???

If we choose study the MOPAI techniques on the internet or from jims manual, then we must change the name to something else.

Why you may ask ?

I sincerly feel that saying you are practicing mopai can bring serious harm unto ourself, That is if we are not formally accepted students.

We must have respect for the past and current masters and not use this name anymore. This may also save us from Invoking any bad karma the lineage may have accumulated. This is not a fairytale. We are insulting real immortal masters who hate westerners here. Lets not piss them off anymore.

Always remember to thank the creator of heaven and earth before and after training. I suggest even making a small offering before each session too. This could be a cup of water or anything, just show respect. Sometimes little things can make a big difference. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

What Happened to QI Energy being able to cure all disease ? Or Illness not being able to enter if the person has enough QI ? These are facts not myths. It shocks and disappoints me that the people who constantly murmur magical words about the wonders of QIgong & Neigong are willing to just sit back and accept this.

Here was a man, with supposedly more QI then most people on the planet, a full compressed dantian of yang qI, Not to mention touch and kill power. Then he just gets cancer & dies ? Absurd. Agent orange should not matter either as Qi can supposedly overcome anything. So what is really going on here ???

If we choose study the MOPAI techniques on the internet or from jims manual, then we must change the name to something else.

Why you may ask ?

I sincerly feel that saying you are practicing mopai can bring serious harm unto ourself, That is if we are not formally accepted students.

We must have respect for the past and current masters and not use this name anymore. This may also save us from Invoking any bad karma the lineage may have accumulated. This is not a fairytale. We are insulting real immortal masters who hate westerners here. Lets not piss them off anymore.

Always remember to thank the creator of heaven and earth before and after training. I suggest even making a small offering before each session too. This could be a cup of water or anything, just show respect. Sometimes little things can make a big difference. Just my 2 cents

Mo Pai isn't really about healing and therefore it only comes as a result in the higher levels. Jim wasn't at that level and therefore the chi wouldn't have helped him that much as far as healing goes.

Edited by KenBrace

Hi ken, I think you missed my point in the previous post. I consider it more of a spiritual problem then physical.

As anybody here will tell you. Even the most basic of qigongs & taiji will prevent most illnessnes, cancer included.

We are talking about somebody on a much higher level then that.

Kostas is healthy and happy, though how he is is no business of random strangers speculating on an internet forum. It is beyond ignorant and rude behavior to speculate about someone's health, spreading made-up conjecture and nonsense.

Even the most basic of qigongs & taiji will prevent most illnessnes, cancer included.

That is a generalization. It depends on the individual and the method, as well as various other circumstances. Genetics, environment and lifestyle are incredibly relevant. For one energy to counteract, or nullify, another...you should be able to fill-in the blanks yourself.

"Cancer and Yang Qi:

One of the most difficult problems and one which plagues those who work only with Yang Qi, is cancer. There are many well known masters of Yang Qi who died of cancer... In the end, they could not absorb enough Yin Qi from sexual partners to keep up with their ever-increasing Yang Qi... We must thus, seek to balance our Yin Qi proportionate to our absorption of Yang Qi... if this is practiced correctly, Mo Pai Nei Kung should eliminate the possibility of cancer in the individual." - Shifu Lin, Overcoming sickness with Nei Kung.

Mo Pai also seeks to compact qi in the LDT, withdrawing it from the rest of the body, which is sort of unnatural. So when one attempts to do that with Jing deficiency then a lot of health problems are created.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huckster

In the United States, there developed a connotation of trickery – the huckster might trick others into buying cheap imitation products as if they were the real thing.

There is also an exercise in longmen pai called ping heng gong which is remotely similar to level 2a.

A lot of 'qigong' exercises are very similar, but 'the devil is in the detail'.

Is there a certain reason why you are so aggressive? ...I am not pretending that I know things I do not.

It isn't being aggressive, but probably exasperation at your speculating about things you clearly know nothing about.

There are studies which show frequent ejaculation is healthy for the prostate and may help prevent prostate cancer, if anything the semen retention may increase the rate of prostate issues in men.

I would think this could be compensated for by planning your off days to be dedicated to meditation, meaning 2-3 days of the week would not require semen retention/non-ejaculation if observing a 72 hour rule.

It may be lifestyle and diet more than anything else. I wonder if those studies took into account all the other factors?

At the turn of the century many Western exercise practitioners abstained from sex because they believed it depleted a person. Some of these people lived to ripe, healthy, old ages. In China you have internal arts practitioners that follow a limited sex rule to preserve their qi, such as some Bagua schools, yet they also seem to live long and healthy lives.

Maybe diet is of more importance than any other factor? Valter Longo has linked high protein diets with elevated IGF1 levels, which he believes is linked to cancer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valter_Longo:

In 2011, Longo in collaboration with the group of endocrinologist Jaime Guevara-Aguirre in Ecuador, demonstrated that the aging promoting effect of the IGF-I, Tor-S6K, Ras and PKA pathways on aging is potentially conserved in most eukaryotes by reporting that a human population with deficiencies in IGF-I, Ras, PKA, and Tor displays a major reduction in genes that promote aging as well as a very low incidence of cancer and diabetes.

In my opinion it was most likely the combination of being and older and semen retention that made it extremely likely for Jim and Kosta to get prostate cancer. Either way just finish the first three levels before you become a senior citizen and you have nothing to worry about lol.

You simply have no idea what you are talking about. This is just speculation on every level.

Regardless, always good to keep an eye on the bigger picture, of which cultivation techniques are merely only a part.. While a step-by-step, paint-by-numbers, powerfully-distilled formula for life can sound appealing, real life as a whole is generally far more complex and organically chaotic than just that..

• Like 1

Hi ken, I think you missed my point in the previous post. I consider it more of a spiritual problem then physical. As anybody here will tell you. Even the most basic of qigongs & taiji will prevent most illnessnes, cancer included. We are talking about somebody on a much higher level then that.
Most qigong systems include orbits and other exercises that increase clean energy flow for wellness. Mo Pai is much different. It focusses strictly on packing yang chi into the LDT which doesn't help your health. It doesn't clear your energy channels and promote pure energy flow. Healing and wellness does eventually come in Mo Pai but not at Jim's level.

You simply have no idea what you are talking about. This is just speculation on every level.
I have no way of truly knowing why Jim got prostate cancer but I can make the most logical assumptions from what I've gathered.

I can make the most logical assumptions from what I've gathered.

And my point being, and I am trying to help you, not attack you, is that what you have 'gathered' is incomplete and incorrect. There are no 'logical assumptions' to be made from incomplete and incorrect information.

Spring forest qigong is a much better system for health than mo pai level 1.

Level one mo pai is about filling the LDT, not learning to heal yourself.

No it isn't absurd.

Longmen pai shares the same core meditation of mo pai.

Please no more of the sour grapes rants.

Why you may ask ?

Hi ken, I think you missed my point in the previous post. I consider it more of a spiritual problem then physical.

As anybody here will tell you. Even the most basic of qigongs & taiji will prevent most illnessnes, cancer included.

We are talking about somebody on a much higher level then that.

Mo pai level one is filling the LDT, for healing spring forest qigong is light years ahead of Mo Pai level 1.

• Like 1

Kostas is healthy and happy, though how he is is no business of random strangers speculating on an internet forum. It is beyond ignorant and rude behavior to speculate about someone's health, spreading made-up conjecture and nonsense.

I am very happy to hear that Kostas Danaos is healthy and happy. He is an honorable man.

If we are talking about an ordinary person, yes you are right, a random stranger should not speculate about that person's health on internet. I agree 100 % for an ordinary person.

Hey, Mister! Wait for a minute. Kostas Danaos is not an ordinary person. Nobody put a pistol on his head to write two books about Mo Pai. He chose himself this path and he tried to be Prometheus bringing fire to mankind.

Kostas Danaos is a public figure and in daoist community, he is a celebrity and a role model. Lots of guys, including our dear More_Pie_Guy are following his foot steps. Like other celebrities or public figures, his health is not his private life any more. He has responsibility against the readers of his books. His prostate cancer is not his private life, especially if he got this illness right after he left Mo Pai in 2002. Everybody planning to practice Mo Pai or similar neigong schools should be aware of this situation. This information can not be hidden from public.

If Kostas Danaos did not have prostate cancer and medical treatment, there will be lots of guys calling me a liar and cursing me. There is no such person.

mjjbecker, you confirmed Kostas Danaos had had prostate cancer and then got medical treatment with your post. Thank you.

It isn't being aggressive, but probably exasperation at your speculating about things you clearly know nothing about.

Copy and paste one sentence from one paragraph, copy and paste an unrelated sentence from another paragraph, and try to make them look like completely different meaning. A cheap old trick, also applied by More_Pie_Guy. This is not ethical.

Prove that I know nothing. Write down the facts so everybody can learn them. You claim I know nothing yet you give no information. Go to your own business.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri