Sleeper

Does anyone know if Jim McMillan is still alive?

Just like the title says. I'm trying to figure out if I've said something to offend him, or if he's... well, passed on. At any rate, I haven't heard from him in a long time, and as I don't know his family or anything, I have no way of knowing what's going on with him. Does anyone here know anything?

• Like 1

I think it was on the MoPai forum, not been on there for a while.

Will see if I can find it and paste it in here.

Just had a look and can't find it but that forum is creaky and just about on its last legs anyway.

I posted this query on there but don't hold your breath as there's barely any traffic.

http://mopai.forumotion.com/t106-is-jim-mcmillan-still-with-us#498

Edited by GrandmasterP

I've actually tried to contact him via email a few times after reading his book. But he hasn't replied to any of them, and it's been several weeks, perhaps months by now.

I'm actually concerned about some of the information give in that book.

For example, the banana thing. Why did John Chang choose the banana? It seems a little too close to the old magic trick where you use a needle and thread to slice a banana while still in its peel and then amaze everyone that it's "pre-cut" when you peel it.

Some of the other things are not so easy to explain and come across as impossible to pull off fraudulently, requiring real powers - however, that particular story didn't sit well with me.

thoughts?

• Like 1

I've actually tried to contact him via email a few times after reading his book. But he hasn't replied to any of them, and it's been several weeks, perhaps months by now.

I'm actually concerned about some of the information give in that book.

For example, the banana thing. Why did John Chang choose the banana? It seems a little too close to the old magic trick where you use a needle and thread to slice a banana while still in its peel and then amaze everyone that it's "pre-cut" when you peel it.

Some of the other things are not so easy to explain and come across as impossible to pull off fraudulently, requiring real powers - however, that particular story didn't sit well with me.

thoughts?

I have no doubt that Chang is real but as far as cantacting Jim, I've tried several times in the past couple months and haven't gotten any responses either. I'm a bit worried about him.

Don't know Jim at all, but I kinda expect high level people to drop out for long periods.

Write a book, teach, get entangled in sticky worldly affairs then shuck it, head for solitary retreat whether in city or mountain and get back to job 1, cultivation. Drop the role of teacher and author and get back to source. Leave the kids to figure things out themselves.

Edited by thelerner

This is the email he sent me back in March:

Hello,
Please forgive me for responding so late. I've been suffering from prostate cancer and just recently have been defeating it...and feeling much better, enough in fact to begin trying to catch up with all my late emails to everyone.
You have to understand that the books were written about John were basically about our "adventures" with him, not instructional books.
I teach Mo Pai's nai gong and have many students...if you are interested. I will give you my 3 requirements at the end of the email.
In our system of nai gong you will receive "2" sensations (that everyone has) during the 1st level. The second level lets me know that you are ready for the 2nd level. But both signs/sensations will confirm that you are in fact accumulating yin and yang energy.
About the pebble. If it only happened once, and you can't do it again, then there is a good chance you didn't do it. When I hear of these things there may be something that I need to "gently" discuss with you and try and not alarm you at the same time.
Usually, things like this are the result of a spirit. This type of behavior is something that is somewhat common with people generating yin energy. Spirits are attracted to yin energy. What I try and do to offset this is have the practitioner say a prayer before they begin their daily training to God...for protection. Using his son's name is more powerful than just using God's name if that matters to you and don't want the spirit to return again.
I can tell you this, when an event like something being thrown as it did in your house, usually it only happens once. There may be something else that may occur sometime, but it normally won't be the same thing happen twice...unless of course there is a very powerful spirit in your house. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you. Also, when people seek to find out about spirits and want things to occur over and over, it is like an invitation to them and you don't want that.
Here are my three requirements for those who wish to learn Mo Pai's nai gong:
1st, I ask for a short bio on your life, I want to know who you are. This helps me get to know you more quickly...it also helps me when working with your training.
2nd, I require $300. I had to institute this because people have taken the ancient and privileged knowledge/training of the Mo Pai from me and then disappeared. This fee seems to work safeguarding, to some degree, the Mo Pai's training system. Those that want to "steal" this knowledge usually don't want to spend any money so they don't get involved at this point. And plus, I didn't want to make the amount too much, but just enough to foil thieves. It is the best I can come up with to keep Mo Pai's training in the control of my responsibility. This is a one-time fee, I ask for nothing more.
3rd, I ask for a promise from you that you will NOT speak/talk/communicate anything concerning me or the Mo Pai or Mo Pai's training on the Internet. I don’t want to burn any bridges with my teacher.
That is basically all there is.
Should you decide to continue...I will give you my phone number in case you would want to talk to me directly: (removed his number)...I am two hours behind East Coast time.
I am finding that helping people train has become almost a burden at this point, as more and more people seek me for training. It will not be too long before I discontinue allowing other people to become students; I will however continue training those I am currently working with.
Again, thank you for contacting me.
I know how you must feel...I was there once myself, which is why I want to help others find their path/dream.
Jim
--------
That's the last I heard from him. I never sent him the money, that's probably why.
Edited by Celestial

Hello,

Please forgive me for responding so late. I've been suffering from prostate cancer and just recently have been defeating it...and feeling much better, enough in fact to begin trying to catch up with all my late emails to everyone.

You have to understand that the books were written about John were basically about our "adventures" with him, not instructional books.

I teach Mo Pai's nai gong and have many students...if you are interested. I will give you my 3 requirements at the end of the email.

In our system of nai gong you will receive "2" sensations (that everyone has) during the 1st level. The second level lets me know that you are ready for the 2nd level. But both signs/sensations will confirm that you are in fact accumulating yin and yang energy.

About the pebble. If it only happened once, and you can't do it again, then there is a good chance you didn't do it. When I hear of these things there may be something that I need to "gently" discuss with you and try and not alarm you at the same time.

Usually, things like this are the result of a spirit. This type of behavior is something that is somewhat common with people generating yin energy. Spirits are attracted to yin energy. What I try and do to offset this is have the practitioner say a prayer before they begin their daily training to God...for protection. Using his son's name is more powerful than just using God's name if that matters to you and don't want the spirit to return again.

I can tell you this, when an event like something being thrown as it did in your house, usually it only happens once. There may be something else that may occur sometime, but it normally won't be the same thing happen twice...unless of course there is a very powerful spirit in your house. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you. Also, when people seek to find out about spirits and want things to occur over and over, it is like an invitation to them and you don't want that.

Here are my three requirements for those who wish to learn Mo Pai's nai gong:

1st, I ask for a short bio on your life, I want to know who you are. This helps me get to know you more quickly...it also helps me when working with your training.

2nd, I require $300. I had to institute this because people have taken the ancient and privileged knowledge/training of the Mo Pai from me and then disappeared. This fee seems to work safeguarding, to some degree, the Mo Pai's training system. Those that want to "steal" this knowledge usually don't want to spend any money so they don't get involved at this point. And plus, I didn't want to make the amount too much, but just enough to foil thieves. It is the best I can come up with to keep Mo Pai's training in the control of my responsibility. This is a one-time fee, I ask for nothing more.

3rd, I ask for a promise from you that you will NOT speak/talk/communicate anything concerning me or the Mo Pai or Mo Pai's training on the Internet. I don’t want to burn any bridges with my teacher.

That is basically all there is.

Should you decide to continue...I will give you my phone number in case you would want to talk to me directly: (removed his number)...I am two hours behind East Coast time.

I am finding that helping people train has become almost a burden at this point, as more and more people seek me for training. It will not be too long before I discontinue allowing other people to become students; I will however continue training those I am currently working with.

Again, thank you for contacting me.

I know how you must feel...I was there once myself, which is why I want to help others find their path/dream.

Jim

--------

That's the last I heard from him. I never sent him the money, that's probably why.

The fact that you didn't send him the money meant you weren't interested so there was no need for him to use any more of his time.

The fact that you didn't send him the money meant you weren't interested so there was no need for him to use any more of his time.

Yeah, no shit sherlock.

By the time he responded (which took months btw) I had already moved on to a system that was better.

See this is why I ignore kids like you. The original question was "does anyone know if jim is alive" which to then I post an email that I got back in March that could lead to a clue as to if he was still alive or not. Then you come in and have to say some dumb shit about why he didn't respond to me afterwards.

Now do you guys understand why I don't want to see these kind of pointless remarks in threads? It's not that hard to comprehend folks.

/ignored

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by KenBrace. View it anyway?

No thanks!

Good luck!

Edited by Celestial

Yeah, no shit sherlock.

By the time he responded (which took months btw) I had already moved on to a system that was better.

That's probably what he figured which is why he didn't email you anymore. I'm sure he respects your choice but he's very busy and isn't going to waste time with people who aren't interested in Mo Pai. I could be wrong but I don't see any reason why he would spend more time emailing you. He can't help you if you are interested in anything besides Mo Pai. Edited by KenBrace

Yeah, no shit sherlock.

See this is why I ignore kids like you. The original question was "does anyone know if jim is alive" which to then I post an email that I got back in March that could lead to a clue as to if he was still alive or not. Then you come in and have to say some dumb shit about why he didn't respond to me afterwards.

Now do you guys understand why I don't want to see these kind of pointless remarks in threads? It's not that hard to comprehend folks.

/ignored

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by KenBrace. View it anyway?

No thanks!

Good luck!

The only reason I said that is because it seemed like you were saying that all Jim was interested in was money which isn't true. His focus is on helping people not snatching as much money as he can. You probably won't be reading this but if you do please realize that I had no intension of annoying you. My apologies.

Hello,

In 2004, there were rumors about Kostas Danaos to have prostate cancer and he got medical treatment. Is it a coincidence for both western students of Mo Pai to develop same kind of cancer? Interesting.

In 2004, there were rumors about Kostas Danaos to have prostate cancer and he got medical treatment. Is it a coincidence for both western students of Mo Pai to develop same kind of cancer? Interesting.

"Cancer and Yang Qi:

One of the most difficult problems and one which plagues those who work only with Yang Qi, is cancer. There are many well known masters of Yang Qi who died of cancer... In the end, they could not absorb enough Yin Qi from sexual partners to keep up with their ever-increasing Yang Qi... We must thus, seek to balance our Yin Qi proportionate to our absorption of Yang Qi... if this is practiced correctly, Mo Pai Nei Kung should eliminate the possibility of cancer in the individual." - Shifu Lin, Overcoming sickness with Nei Kung.

Mo Pai also seeks to compact qi in the LDT, withdrawing it from the rest of the body, which is sort of unnatural. So when one attempts to do that with Jing deficiency then a lot of health problems are created.

"Cancer and Yang Qi:

One of the most difficult problems and one which plagues those who work only with Yang Qi, is cancer. There are many well known masters of Yang Qi who died of cancer... In the end, they could not absorb enough Yin Qi from sexual partners to keep up with their ever-increasing Yang Qi... We must thus, seek to balance our Yin Qi proportionate to our absorption of Yang Qi... if this is practiced correctly, Mo Pai Nei Kung should eliminate the possibility of cancer in the individual." - Shifu Lin, Overcoming sickness with Nei Kung.

Mo Pai also seeks to compact qi in the LDT, withdrawing it from the rest of the body, which is sort of unnatural. So when one attempts to do that with Jing deficiency then a lot of health problems are created.

Thank you for your valuable input, but both of them having the same kind of cancer makes me suspicous, because as far as the rumours of 2004, Chang Sifu had warned Kostas Danaos not to practice level 2 of Mo Pai exercises any more as requested by deceased masters of Mo Pai and in case Kostas did, he could not be able to protect him. After this warning, Kostas continued to practice and he had prostate cancer. And now, Jim McMillan having the same disease, I really wonder what is the role of deceased masters of Mo Pai in these cases?

Level 1 mo pai meditation is also shared by longmen pai.

There is also an exercise in longmen pai called ping heng gong which is remotely similar to level 2a.

These people are not getting sick that I am aware of.

Lot's of men get prostate cancer, if you are male, and live to be 90 it is almost certain you will have prostate cancer.

Thank you for your valuable input, but both of them having the same kind of cancer makes me suspicous, because as far as the rumours of 2004, Chang Sifu had warned Kostas Danaos not to practice level 2 of Mo Pai exercises any more as requested by deceased masters of Mo Pai and in case Kostas did, he could not be able to protect him. After this warning, Kostas continued to practice and he had prostate cancer. And now, Jim McMillan having the same disease, I really wonder what is the role of deceased masters of Mo Pai in these cases?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Level 1 mo pai meditation is also shared by longmen pai.

There is also an exercise in longmen pai called ping heng gong which is remotely similar to level 2a.

These people are not getting sick that I am aware of.

By Longmenpai, do you mean the school in "Opening the Dragon Gate: The Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard"? My humble opinion, it is a very different school with different techniques compared to Mo Pai

Lot's of men get prostate cancer, if you are male, and live to be 90 it is almost certain you will have prostate cancer.

In 2010, the crude incidence rate shows that there are 133.7 new prostate cancer cases for every 100,000 males in the UK.

133,7 new cases for 100.000 males in one year, in 2010, in UK. I have to disagree with your comment.

Besides, it does not explain whether the rumours are true or not.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

By Longmenpai, do you mean the school in "Opening the Dragon Gate: The Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard"?

Yes.

It has a lot of different meditations as well, but the same core teachings of level one were also taught at the longmen pai retreat I went to.

Ping Heng Gong was similar to level 2a.

These people are not getting sick that I am aware of as a result.

My humble opinion, it is a very different school with different techniques compared to Mo Pai

Mo pai level one is a very basic and simple meditation, longmen pai shares it yet expounds on it. Ping heng gong in longmen pai is remotely similar to level 2a.

I have to disagree with your comment.

I have to disagree with yours.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-key-statistics

What are the key statistics about prostate cancer?

Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men. The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2013 are:

About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed

About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.

Prostate cancer occurs mainly in older men. About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 67.

Besides, it does not explain whether the rumours are true or not.

Even if it is true, my uncle has prostate cancer and heart problems and has never practiced mo pai, many men in the area I live with have prostate cancer.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I have to disagree with yours.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-key-statistics

What are the key statistics about prostate cancer?

Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men. The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2013 are:

About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed

About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.

Prostate cancer occurs mainly in older men. About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 67.

Even if it is true, my uncle has prostate cancer and heart problems and has never practiced mo pai, many men in the area I live with have prostate cancer.

The male population of USA in 2009 is 151.400.000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States)

Your source says the expected of new cases is 238.590 (Assuming this is for year 2013)

For 100.000 male population, the number of crude new cases;

238.590 * (100.000/151.400.000) = 157,6

compared to 133,7 of UK.

Cancer is a terrible illness. My mother is also a cancer patient. I am deeply sorry for your uncle too. I am not trying to show cancer rates less than it is. But at any given time, 1/6 or 16.7% of male population is not repeat not prostate cancer

All I am saying is, two western students of Mo Pai with same illness together with threat of deceased masters makes me suspicious. And you are silent about deceased masters.

In 2003, Kostas was 44 years old, pretty young age to develop prostate cancer as About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before age 40. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 67

I do not know Jim Mc Millan's age when he was diagnosed with the cancer however I am sure that he was younger than 65.

I am sure that he was younger than 65.

Jim is 68, stop pretending that you know things you don't.

The facts here are that about 1 in every 6 men will develop prostate cancer. That figure is taken from the american cancer society's 2013 numbers. I will not debate this further.

If you live to be old enough it is almost certain you will get prostate cancer of some sort.

We know that longmen pai contains level 1 mo pai, and has an exercise similar to level 2a.

Correlation does not imply causation

There are studies which show frequent ejaculation is healthy for the prostate and may help prevent prostate cancer, if anything the semen retention may increase the rate of prostate issues in men.

I would think this could be compensated for by planning your off days to be dedicated to meditation, meaning 2-3 days of the week would not require semen retention/non-ejaculation if observing a 72 hour rule.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy