Sign in to follow this  
Taoistik stylez

Help! Ive fallen and I can't get up.

I could really use some advice guys and gals. One thing I have always prided myself on is my kindness and patience which I attribute to the study of the Tao but also just my personality. I could be in traffic with some guy on my ass who cuts me off and say "Wow, I hope he is on time to wherever he is in a hurry too. I could have someone at work constantly be rude to me or be ugly and I would still bless them with a genuine smile each day.

Lately, however, I seem to be irritable, getting mad at little things people do, saying bad things or judging others, and so forth. When I hear that someone doesn't like me or talks behind my back I get mad at them and tell myself I shouldn't care because they are lower people or I point out their flaws. What is happening to my Tao, to my positive Chi. Is life starting to jade me. I am now thirty and have a great life but I am just loosing a lot of my good energy. HELP! :(

P.S. I am so glad I found this site. It had really been helpful in relfection and knowledge of the Tao. Thank you ALL for allowing me to be an active member of this community.

the tao flows with all things; all things flow with tao.

There are 64 hexagrams. half representing my little pony, the other half representing the sith.

This is just a sith moment. embrace it as you would the guy in traffic who cut you off. difference is, its internal, not external.

You seem to know how. the external. you can handle it normally, but recently, you claim you are off your game.

No, the game is merely shifted from an outting to an inning (i know, i know. im not a baseball fan so stfu), now you have to accept yourself as BEING THAT GUY. that guy who is irate but you smile anyways. that smile must come from within, from genuine contentedness and acceptance that you're an asshole now.

You might learn to accept yourself as both sides of the spectrum.

OR

You can try to practice cultivating a will power that overcomes the flow from yang into yin and back again and just dwell in the yang, if that is your desire?

I cant help you there, i am not walking that particular path myself.

• Like 1

green energy to clear out anger. Try going vegetarian -- eat lots of greens. no salt, sugar, caffeine, etc.

Serotonin diet - rice, fruit, etc.

Or a fast if need be.

yeah sometimes it takes a few days to clear out an anger blockage.

• Like 2

You too? Yeah I noticed that it has much to do with how your body feels. For instance, the weather hear is making me wheeze. then I start to become irritable and then extremely anxious. Imagine sticking your head under a pool and can't breath, of course you'll become anxious! You'll be paranoid and scared of everything. I haven't figured out how to clear this blockage. Need to go to the doctor soon and have them check out my allergies.

Go swimming! :D

I grew up with a lot of swimming.... my head, literally, under the water, quite often, i learned to curb anxiety by 'sitting' at the bottom of a pool or river. for as long as i could.

I could really use some advice guys and gals. One thing I have always prided myself on is my kindness and patience which I attribute to the study of the Tao but also just my personality. I could be in traffic with some guy on my ass who cuts me off and say "Wow, I hope he is on time to wherever he is in a hurry too. I could have someone at work constantly be rude to me or be ugly and I would still bless them with a genuine smile each day.

Lately, however, I seem to be irritable, getting mad at little things people do, saying bad things or judging others, and so forth. When I hear that someone doesn't like me or talks behind my back I get mad at them and tell myself I shouldn't care because they are lower people or I point out their flaws. What is happening to my Tao, to my positive Chi. Is life starting to jade me. I am now thirty and have a great life but I am just loosing a lot of my good energy. HELP! :(

P.S. I am so glad I found this site. It had really been helpful in relfection and knowledge of the Tao. Thank you ALL for allowing me to be an active member of this community.

Don't beat yourself up for this. Most negativity is triggered by losing the center. Be centered and you will see yourself separating yourself from the negativity.

Also know that everyone goes through these phases...life is full of stress and stress unbalances our centered-ness. So when feeling stressed just breath easy and deep (even asthma related anxiety can be reduced via focusing on the center).

Harder we try to hold on to something the faster it slips away, and every day is a new beginning so no loss if we slip up today... Tomorrow will be a new beginning. The day can be reduced into hours, hours minutes and minutes seconds. So literally every second is a new beginning to get back into harmony

PS -- I'm not a sage, just a dummy who has lived and learnt.

:-)

• Like 3

I haven't figured out how to clear this blockage. Need to go to the doctor soon and have them check out my allergies.

Yerba mate has theophylline, theobromine, and caffeine, the trifecta of xanthines. Theophylline is a known bronchodilator and theobromine is one of the most effective cough suppressants. Both of those stimulants promote smooth muscle movement. You should already be familiar with the effects of caffeine. The synergy of the three does not cause the jittery feeling from too much coffee. The xanthines will also act as a leukotriene inhibitors which is the same action as some newer asthma medications. The first try is recommended with easy access to a restroom as the CNS stimulation can have a motivating effect on the bowels.

Traditional preparation is recommended with a mate gourd and bombilla, I recommend a reed or bamboo straw if you don't want to drop the dough on silver. DO NOT HEAT YOUR WATER ABOVE 175F otherwise it will be too bitter. I recommend starting off with orange juice and a suave variety. If you choose to drink it cold it's called terere. There are guides available on proper preparation and I can write one for you if you would like.

The Guarani natives of South America believe that an outcast man and his daughter became lonely and wanted to rejoin the tribe that had moved on. A shaman came and instructed them how to use the plant. They rejoined their tribe and brought health to the people. Some of the names of the drink translate to "what makes us live."

• Like 2

I don't know what to tell you about traffic, I battle with that one myself, probably because everyone I see driving stupidly, secretly reminds me of myself, only I just don't seem to remember it in the moment.

I've found with my "other people" problems, it almost always comes back to me and my unwillingness to look at my part in things. Things I just don't remember, or are unaware of. People respond, or react, might be a better way to put it, to much of what they encounter in dealings with others. It might be how we talk to people, how we listen, how we look at them - with a frown or a smile, even our body posture. Maybe we sound smug when we talk to some people or complain and they resent it. Then there is always the possibility that they might be having a bad day too and we are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The best thing for me though, is to honestly look for my part in it, because that's really the only thing I can change.

• Like 1

I have pondered that there are energetic loops. And that we get stuck in them.

Literally. Pockets of energy that go round and round.

• Like 3

Man, you're lucky!

An entire family of asthma... "mom" and all 5 of her kids have asthma. "dad" has a much lesser case of asthma.

What can be done for them?

They use chemicals/drugs that are prescribed to them. they pick up ther scripts at wal mart.

They push through it, and teach each other to NOT rely on the medication...

But at the end of the day...

They always relay on their medication at least 3 times daily.

Is there no cure for asthma?

Is there no anti-asthma chi kung/yoga/taichi/merditation/etc?

I've always assumed that i knew "better than asthma". ignorant as it may be, i still think that way. i know better than the common cold, the flu, and my own underactive thyroid isnt as much a problem as everyone (literally everybody who has spoken about it to me) told me it would be.

My mother "owes" me $50 for winning a bet that i told her "if i keep up cultivation and practice toward eliminating my thyroid problems, i will never have to take medication.

I stopped taking the ineffective medication in '07... and havent had any problems bad enough to convince me that anyone knows anything (of the fuck they speak) in relation of the "hypothyroidism".

So if i can beat my hypothyroid problems without medication, why cant [other] people beat their asthma problems with some form of cultivation practice?

An entire family of asthma... "mom" and all 5 of her kids have asthma. "dad" has a much lesser case of asthma.

What can be done for them?

They use chemicals/drugs that are prescribed to them. they pick up ther scripts at wal mart.

They push through it, and teach each other to NOT rely on the medication...

But at the end of the day...

They always relay on their medication at least 3 times daily.

Is there no cure for asthma?

Is there no anti-asthma chi kung/yoga/taichi/merditation/etc?

I've always assumed that i knew "better than asthma". ignorant as it may be, i still think that way. i know better than the common cold, the flu, and my own underactive thyroid isnt as much a problem as everyone (literally everybody who has spoken about it to me) told me it would be.

My mother "owes" me $50 for winning a bet that i told her "if i keep up cultivation and practice toward eliminating my thyroid problems, i will never have to take medication.

I stopped taking the ineffective medication in '07... and havent had any problems bad enough to convince me that anyone knows anything (of the fuck they speak) in relation of the "hypothyroidism".

So if i can beat my hypothyroid problems without medication, why cant [other] people beat their asthma problems with some form of cultivation practice?

Ah my nephew's doctor claimed he had asthma -- and even put him on medication.

The medication was not working. I had my nephew take cayenne and it cleared him up right away!!

My sister was surprised and I knew the cayenne worked but people like to believe their doctors. But my nephew told his mom that indeed the cayenne worked and so my nephew actually liked taking cayenne. haha.

Pepper Cure for Asthma | eHow.com
www.ehow.com › Diseases & Conditions
Cayenne pepper is effective in relieving asthma symptoms. Include two to four whole ripe cayenne peppers in your diet daily. You can also add 1/2 tsp of dried ...

According to mamaherb.com, the use of cayenne pepper will cure asthma symptoms within a month. 2 to 4 cayenne peppers should be added ...

Yeah I buy cayenne in bulk -- 10 pounds - it's about five times cheaper than store retail -- and lasts me about six to nine months.

• Like 2

Most of humanity is trying to die - you have seemingly been quite alive for most of your adult life - good for you!!

I would advise that you do not view this as some phase you are going through - this is a fork in the road - (though all forks can lead back to the original fork so don't worry about "the perfect choice").

Now - getting back to dying.

Most of us identify with just about everything. We take it as a personal affront when someone cuts us off in traffic. We find stupidity intolerable and politics give us heart attacks. We love or we hate and we want and want and want.

In all the inertia of these habituations and these positions that we have hardened into - we are typically fully dead and gone by the age of 40. The period of final death is usually between the ages of 30 and 45.

Taking a hot shower and fasting will not get you over this hump - the hump will become a bump and then a road block which you will bypass - it will not be long before you are living like most of us - we drive on bypasses because all the highways are long dead and overgrown.

Fasting can help in re-calibrating yourself. Meditation will clear the highways so that once again you can flow more naturally.

Listen to the positions you are taking - look at the food you eat: what media do you consume, what air do you breath, what sounds imping upon your ears, what comes into your eyes. These things have changed and your choices become habituations and things that distract your positions begin to irritate you.

You can wall off your irritations with all sorts of retalitory justifications that also serve as fortifications of your identifications - your positions - you can grab your flag and wave it in their face and say "how dare you"!

But - you are at this time bright enough to understand that going down the rat hole is not what you would like to do - and so those of us down in the hole might miss you - but secretly we hope you do not join us - because then we will all raise up our flags and scream HOW DARE YOU!

Recoginse that your choices of food affect you.

We spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping - you can choose to sleep just after watching a documentary supporting your positions and watching a movie that creates angst and worry about the next episode or you can read something that has to do with your practice, wisdom teaching, looking at beautiful art, listening to fine music. You can also go to sleep with an intention of doing and seeing wonderful things during your sleep - perhaps awakening in your sleep - perhaps becoming enlightened in your sleep.

Who are your friends - what food do they offer - are you beginning to try out sarcasm - its a bitter habituation but your hat size will take a big jump.

You have asked for help at a time when most of us are buyig a second home in the rat hole and picking out which of our positions we will vacation in.

Edited by Spotless

I spent most of my life with a high irritation level, no patience.

Once I came into spiritual understanding of the Oneness of everything, it then became possible to look at the world as everyone being equal. We are all It. Plus, it occurred to me that maybe the reason you're stuck in traffic (which makes us so angry, or standing in a long line) is because it's supposed to be that way; maybe you're supposed to leave that location at just the right time so you don't get into an accident that you might have gotten into had you had your way andnot had to wait.

As I think about it, why do we get so irritated when our defenses are down when the rest of the world doesn't keep up with our agenda? My god, don't they realize how important I am? Don't they realize that my time is so much more important than their time? That's always what it seems to get down to......ego, actually.

When we look at the movement of the people on the earth as a type of Oneness, then everyone is doing their own thing just at the right time and the right way.

• Like 2

Ah my nephew's doctor claimed he had asthma -- and even put him on medication.

The medication was not working. I had my nephew take cayenne and it cleared him up right away!!

My sister was surprised and I knew the cayenne worked but people like to believe their doctors. But my nephew told his mom that indeed the cayenne worked and so my nephew actually liked taking cayenne. haha.

Yeah I buy cayenne in bulk -- 10 pounds - it's about five times cheaper than store retail -- and lasts me about six to nine months.

Drew, if you come back to this thread.. I'd like to know your thoughts on the heating aspect of cayenne taken over long term.. I looked at the link and saw the suggestion of banana/lime in addition.. is this for balancing elementally?

Drew, if you come back to this thread.. I'd like to know your thoughts on the heating aspect of cayenne taken over long term.. I looked at the link and saw the suggestion of banana/lime in addition.. is this for balancing elementally?

Yeah the increase heat is from the increase calcium ion flooding the cells.

I only use cayenne with other foods unless when I take it in the morning which then flushes out the colon. haha.

My readers are afraid of the heat in cayenne, but it is this heat that can save your life. To me, this heat is the healing power of the sun trapped inside the fruit of cayenne.

I live in Minnesota so heat is very welcome in the winter!

The year was 1897, and Padre Pio was a child of 10, dying of typhoid fever. His parents took him to the family cottage to die. He asked to be left alone, and did something with cayenne pepper no one expected. He ate a whole bowl of hot peppers that were so hot that the farm hands would not touch them.

He ate them all, and I am sure it was by intuition or divine instruction, which are the same. By morning, he was cured, and lived another 71 years, passing in 1968. [From Padre Pio: The True Story, by C. Bernard Ruffin.]

Wow -- news to me!

So I would sit them down and would either give them some cayenne tincture or some cayenne powder directly in the mouth.

They would tell me that it was like they had never used cayenne pepper before. They would say, “I heard my ears pop; I felt a rush of blood to my head. I can feel tingling in my feet and toes.” They would give me responses that they never had from taking cayenne pepper for 10, 12, 14, 15 years.

One thing really became evident to me in the clinic: There is only one way to take cayenne, and that is right in the mouth.

BISER: When my readers say, “Hey, I don‘t need to know this, I‘m already taking cayenne,” they were like your patients when they first walked in?

SCHULZE: Yeah, and again, you are only getting a small part of the potential effect of cayenne pepper by taking it in the wrong way. I would give these patients just real tiny amounts. These people might have been taking eight or ten capsules for ten years, and I would give them a drop or a pinch of cayenne.

BISER: Not even your therapeutic dose?

SCHULZE: Not even close. And I never had anybody that just didn‘t go “Holy ----,” and hold onto their ears or whatever—and notice a big difference.

What was going on is that much of cayenne‘s healing action occurs right in your mouth. As cayenne touches your tongue, the cayenne absorbs in seconds and nerve endings send signals throughout the body—sending waves of fresh blood to wherever you are sick. New healing begins in seconds. These surges of fresh blood do not occur when you bypass the mouth by taking capsules.

hmm gonna send this to my friend -- I just gave him a big bag of cayenne for his arthritis and he said he wanted to put it in capsules. haha.

When you put cayenne in your mouth, your stomach secretes digestive juices before the cayenne ever gets there. So when the cayenne gets down there, your stomach is all ready for it.

But if you swallow a capsule, your tongue tastes nothing; a capsule goes down in your stomach, and your stomach notices nothing—at first. Then, five minutes later the gelatin bursts, and you have a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in your stomach and your body goes into shock.

yeah fascinating.

There is more to cayenne than just heat. There are flavonoids in cayenne that will heal heart cells and protect your heart. There are vitamins in cayenne pepper that will destroy bacteria and increase your immune system.

Yeah so he says fresh cayenne pepper is the best since you get the enzymes and antioxidants, etc.

http://www.whale.to/a/cayenne.html same info different format

• Like 1

http://student.biology.arizona.edu/honors98/group12/calcium.html

The assumed reason that we perceive peppers as spicy is that the influx of calcium ions into the neuron causes a certain degree of cell death, and ultimately, numbing pain. Interestingly, the pain caused by capsaicin can be relieved by eating or drinking milk products such as milk, cheese, sour cream or yogurt. These products all contain casein, an enzyme that breaks the weak interactions between capsaicin molecules and pain receptors.

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2008/08/06/hot.peppers.really.do.bring.heat

Capsaicin, however, can attach to SERCA and "uncouple" this pumping activity; that is, the protein still burns ATP energy but doesn't use it to pump calcium. Instead, all the ATP energy is given off as heat. This uncoupling, known as thermogenesis, is one important method of staying warm and is most often seen in hibernating animals.

Mahmoud notes that capsaicin is the first natural compound known to augment the thermogenesis process .

These findings further explain how capsaicin intake can increase metabolism and body temperature
Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9156366

http://voices.yahoo.com/can-cayenne-pepper-treat-clogged-arteries-10498579.html

So the pain from Cayenne is the Substance P signal which then increases nitric oxide that dilates the blood vessels and thins the blood platelets, thereby lowering blood pressure.

capsaicin. This constituent is known to hinder the production and transmission of substance P, which is the primary chemical responsible for transmitting pain signals to your brain. Studies have also found that capsaicin can enhance blood flow throughout circulatory system, and even prevent the development of cancer cells in the male prostate.

Cayenne for Clogged Arteries - Scientific Evidence:

According to preliminary studies, cayenne pepper can indirectly prevent and treat atherosclerosis, or plaque accumulation. According to information published by the "International Journal of Clinical Chemistry" cayenne pepper has shown to significantly reduce overall cholesterol and triglyceride levels in rabbits. By doing so, cayenne has the potential to gradually reduce the plaque built up along artery walls.

Another interesting study published by "Cell Metabolism" found that capsaicin has the potential to reduce hypertension, or high blood pressure, by enhancing the natural production of nitric oxide within your body.
Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

... that smile must come from within, from genuine contentedness and acceptance that you're an asshole now.

this needs to be printed on a teabag,

I was getting over irritated by life. A vacation helped immensely. Not always possible, but taking a break from modern societies loud 24/7 noise is doable. Stop watching TV, newspapers, magazines as well as gossipy distracting computer sites like Youtube and even the bums for a while. Use the extra time for meditation, reflection, listening to a wise persons dharma talks.

If you can't greet things in a natural quiet calm mood the next best thing is to re-frame, ie creating a story where the annoying person is a nice one; a friend who's in need, doing their best under a bad circumstance.

On allergies, I just learned to use a neti pot. It has made a real difference in my congestion providing a method of nasal cleaning thats hard to get otherwise. It took me 2 days to 'get it', but once you do its pretty fast.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this