konchog uma

Iran confiscates Buddhist statues

This could be spill over from the Muslim world being very upset about the Burmese Buddhists attacking the Muslims in Burma. But more likely it's just an extension of what happened in Afghanistan.

I have a Burmese Buddhist friend who has been sending me all the propaganda against the muslims.

Kind of tragic but that's what happens after Western colonialism has attacked Burma so badly turning it into a local dictatorship that mimicks the British rule of Burma. The same is true of Muslim countries. Fanatical fundamentalism is a reaction to Western neocolonialism. It's not just "blow back" from the West funding and creating armies of fanatics - just as the West secretly helped the Nazis and Japanese fascists after the war - but it's the continued exploitation by the West of Muslim countries and so forcing more people into a fanatical position out of an attempt at survival.

Yes it's a very tragic situation all around.

• Like 1

The Buddhas of Bamiyan

"They were dynamited and destroyed in March 2001 by the Taliban, on orders from leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, after the Taliban government declared that they were idols. International opinion strongly condemned the destruction of the Buddhas, which was viewed as an example of the intolerance of the Taliban. Japan and Switzerland, among others, have pledged support for the rebuilding of the statues." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan)

Muslim people are very radical due to the environment (mind caused/evolution of their souls) they live (desert, fire/pure yang). Most are baby souls. This stage is characterised by:

"Lessons during this stage are to do with adapting to the rules and customs of life in an orderly, civilized society."

I remember researching about this. The problem was the foreign visitors walked through the society there, saw many who were hungry, and impoverished, yet when they saw the images of the Buddhas deteriorating, they decided to offer money to have it touched up. The government questioned, why would anyone give money to refurnish pieces of stone, when so many people are in need of help financially? So, they destroyed the images. hahaha They have a point. Buddha really didn't care for images of Buddhas, he pointed towards actual practice and less false thinking.

Its a good lesson what happened to those statues and shows the confusion of many who just care for images more than actual living beings. I'm sure if anyone wished to help out those people first, and showed an example of selflessness in Buddhism, as a response, the government there would have fixed up the Buddha images on their own, if not, any request to do so would end with desired results.

I don't have articles to back it up, but remember the conversations I had with several Buddhist monks who also researched this.

http://personalityspirituality.net/articles/the-michael-teachings/reincarnation-the-35-steps/stage-2-the-baby-soul/

I usually don't buy this kind of new-age stuff. But I found this article had good point in depicting some human societies.

However, this man (sitting, second from the left) is on one of the pictures, presented as a "baby soul", probably cause they believe he was a taliban.

afghans.jpg?resize=400%2C265

NO WAY! THIS MAN WAS THE TALIBANS MOST FEARED ENEMY BEFORE WESTERN COUNTRIES GOT INVOLVED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Shah_Massoud

And for those interested in conspiracy theories, he was assasinated a few days before 9/11...

Edited by baiqi