Sanzon

Circumcism

Has the trauma of circumcism ever popped up for any cultivators to heal during their practice? Has anyone sought to heal this by an act of intent?

My personal feelings are that it should be renamed to male genital mutilation, as it is known when practiced on the female anatomy.

The Wikipedia oracle states it's earliest recording was in ancient Egypt, so please, no anti semitism here. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_male_circumcision#section_3

Would love to hear your thoughts.

i have a friend that sometimes his tears when he gets an erection so he is going to get it done as an adult. It does have its merits...

I wish I had a foreskin. I have stretch marks and scarring behind the glans that can be painful sometimes. My friend's kid now needs surgery because the doctors botched his circumcision after he was born. Poor guy.

In my father's country, it would be done on the infant by the grandmother in dubious sanitary conditions and she would ritually cook it and eat it.

My mother strongly opposed to this and I remained safe. My father was telling how painful it was for him.

• Like 1

Worked out fine for me and my kids and my uncles and nephews. I think with a competent experienced surgeon its a pretty safe procedure. Still I don't think I'd have it done if weren't a religious thing. There's no sense in hospitals doing it automatically, though there may be some protections on certain very low odd cancers and higher odd STD's.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Curious (to anyone, not just thelerner) - at what level does circumcision "work out fine?"

Sharing a hug with all bums who wish they had had a choice in the decision making process. _/\_

I never even think about it

I'll chime in here again, thanks for your comments so far.

I had a moment this morning where I was working with my presence & energy field, and the energy made its way to the circumcision scar on my penis. I stayed with the energy & worked with it through some things, and at the outcome, I found the whole genital area to resonate without static, and the background neurosis that I normally associate with motivation & drive to do things dissolved to give a state of quietness & being that is rare for me. The personal facade of happiness to the outside world dropped into a quiet & reconciled state of peace & authenticity.

If this state of background neurosis is driving subconscious & outward behaviour, attitudes about the world and other people, I imagine there are patterns upon patterns of behaviour and belief that have this state of neurosis as their foundation.

Imagine this. A baby boy gets born into the world. One of his first ever experiences of the outside world is sharp unanaesthetised pain & terror in regards to his penis being surgically circumcised. That experience gets imprinted, in the part of the brain that is learning early survival strategies.

How does this play out in the males adult life? In my case, probably generalised background anxieties. Perhaps a study would show a higher incidence of sexual crimes are committed by circumcised males, because the association has already been made in early infancy.

ANyways, I am going to work further with this. I feeling pretty chilled out as a result.

Edited by Sanzon
  • Like 1

For me, it was a family tradition NOT to get a circumcision...thankfully, I guess. Strange how many of my friends had it done. I can see that if it's done sort of wrong it could cause major problems. Yet if it's not done at all, it doesn't ever really dry out in there so it has to be cleaned pretty well.

I think I'll stick with the tradition.

Has the trauma of circumcism ever popped up for any cultivators to heal during their practice? Has anyone sought to heal this by an act of intent?

My personal feelings are that it should be renamed to male genital mutilation, as it is known when practiced on the female anatomy.

The Wikipedia oracle states it's earliest recording was in ancient Egypt, so please, no anti semitism here. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_male_circumcision#section_3

Would love to hear your thoughts.

unless you are of Judaic tradition, feel free to snip away. lol

But its not something to recommend. No benefits emotionally, mentally, or anything wise.

• Like 1

What's so great about the foreskin?

It's the most pleasureable part in the man's body.

Men get most pleasure from sex when the foreskin rubs against the glans and shaft when fully erect. It is not surprising considering how many nerves the foreskin has and how sensitive the foreskin is.

Circumcised people get nowhere near the pleasure that normal people get from sex.

But that's not all... the glans is supposed to be covered by the foreskin and kept wet. When circumcised, the glans, due to not being covered by the foreskin, being always dry and making frequent contact with underwear will start losing its sensitivity over time, so the pleasure will lessen even more.

Also, as far as I know most circumcised men have trouble having sex properly without lube. A normal man doesn't need lube to function properly due to the foreskin.

Circumcision is one of the perfect reasons not to trust the modern medical establishment completely. The notion that circumcision is somehow beneficial for health is absurd. And yes, I have already read the articles which claim that circumcision is beneficial, so don't bother directing me to them.

EDIT:

Truly though, increased sexual pleasure isn't the reason I believe it shouldn't be done. Men are born with the foreskin for a reason. That's how the penis naturally is and that's how it should be left. If you want to cut body parts you might as well cut a piece of your ear, or a nipple if you're a man. They're actually less damaging to a man than circumcision.

Edited by safi
  • Like 3

Also, to the people who believe that circumcision is somehow beneficial. If it really was beneficial, then how come in other advanced countries in Europe and Asia you don't hear about the benefits? If you ask doctors in most of Europe, they'll tell you that circumcision is not beneficial, but American doctors do. They're parroting what the medical establishment in their country claims. Normally I encourage people to do their own research but in this case, common sense is all that's necessary.

Edited by safi
  • Like 2