Sign in to follow this  
tre

manditory hello

Hello, im tre. I have chosen the lable of "tre" because that seems to be what most people call me.

Im posting this text cause the entity labeled "...thetaobums.com..." asked me too, and i like thetaobums well enough (even though i dont know it all that well just yet) so i figured i would do as it said.

I suppose this would also be a good time mention some of my fancies:

For a while now ive been enjoying the effects that i attribute to my regular use of parts of the systems called tachi, qigong, and yoga. Ive also gotten a lot of enjoyment from the learning and application (in a friendly setting) of various systems of fighting arts.

Welcome Tre.

Always good to hear from another "Bum" on the Path.

I would be interested to hear which fighting arts you study / use iro "Fighting Applications".

As I've often heard that mixing techniques from different sources can be more of a hinderence.

(Just don't tell those MMA guys in their cages !!!) LOL

Basher

So i started long ago with olympic fencing, and though thats hardly a "martial" art, it did lead me to more historical fencing systems, mostly german longsword and italian rapier. From that came SCA heavy weapons.

At some point in there I started a little aikido, then moved to taiji quan and baguazhang, though im quite new to both.

Thats just the formal stuff though, most of what ive learned is from playing with friends and integrateing what works. Idk where most of my groundwork came from, for example, as thats all learned from various people and systems.

I dont see a problem with useing multiple systems though, fighting is fighting, and different stuff works for differemt bodies and situations. The way my curent body works is not the same as any of my training partners, nor are theirs the same as each others. Seems silly to stick to any one system's rules.

Edited by tre
  • Like 1

Lots of notable Martial Artists including Bruce Lee of course, follow the principle of "use whatever works for you & discard the rest".

My trouble is, I'd like to master one complete system. Before embarking on a search for something else.

But that is just a personal thing.

Sign in to follow this