Maddie

Bumps on the Cultivation Path

I'm not sure if this is helpful but it is timely since I picked up a book about the 'Hidden Dangers of Meditation' (bit of an alarmist title) other day and have been reading with interest.

Anyway, to cut to it, raising kundalini with lots of 'red' energy can (according to what I'm reading here) have side effects that aren't great for the practitioner. Same goes for the dark greens (???) In addition, the effects aren't immediate but happen over time.

Powering up the k from the lower centres exclusively feeds the upper centres 'dirtier' energy (although I don't understand what that meant) and can also power up both 'positive' and 'negative' chakra traits and effects in similar measure.

I DO understand what the last part meant.

Hum.

Could you elaborate a little more? Did it specify what the dangers of red are?

My own subjective experence with red so far is that it feels good (I'm not saying thats a good arguement for something, as cocaine can make you feel good with out being good for you) but if I was going to describe how it makes me feel good, I'd say it makes me feel good about being me, and being present.

Edited by dmattwads

Could you elaborate a little more? Did it specify what the dangers of red are?

My own subjective experence with red so far is that it feels good (I'm not saying thats a good arguement for something, as cocaine can make you feel good with out being good for you) but if I was going to describe how it makes me feel good, I'd say it makes me feel good about being me, and being present.

Yes, I will do that tomorrow (probably) since the book is out of arm's length at the moment.

Yes, I will do that tomorrow (probably) since the book is out of arm's length at the moment.

ok thanks. Just a final note for the evening that I believe is relevant to the topic at hand. I was doing the "Lam" mantra just a while ago for the Root chakra, and in the midst of it became aware of some negative self-beliefs along the lines that I don't deserve good things... hmmm. Also my appetite as been enomous the past couple days as well.

So here's what the book says:

"The colors red and orange should not be used on any chakra in the head or on the heart and spleen chakras. Green and violet colors are safe, but light hues only."

"If you practice martial arts or a yogic breathing and exercise method that awakens the lower chakras, plus the upper centres are not as active and developed as the lower chakras, there is a danger of lopsided development of the lower nature or attitudes.

Red energy is 'grosser'. "Tends to block the meridians and exacerbate these over-heating conditions".

"Feeling of Exhaustion and Weakening of the Body

One of the reasons for these symptoms in meditators and yogis is congestion or excess energy that overwhelms the body. After long hours of meditation in a yogic posture, there's a tremendous increase of energy in the different auras. If this excess energy turns into congestion in the whole body for a long time like a day, the practitioner will feel tired or fatigued. Then because of this symptom, s/he will meditate more thinking it will improve the condition. What usually happens is that the more s/he meditates, the worse it gets. Why? Because there's more congestion, especially if a person is eating meat and meditating heavily. S/ he will become even more congested"

I'm hoping some more advanced folks will weigh in because the above seems like it could be right...

• Like 2

So here's what the book says:

"The colors red and orange should not be used on any chakra in the head or on the heart and spleen chakras. Green and violet colors are safe, but light hues only."

"If you practice martial arts or a yogic breathing and exercise method that awakens the lower chakras, plus the upper centres are not as active and developed as the lower chakras, there is a danger of lopsided development of the lower nature or attitudes.

Red energy is 'grosser'. "Tends to block the meridians and exacerbate these over-heating conditions".

"Feeling of Exhaustion and Weakening of the Body

One of the reasons for these symptoms in meditators and yogis is congestion or excess energy that overwhelms the body. After long hours of meditation in a yogic posture, there's a tremendous increase of energy in the different auras. If this excess energy turns into congestion in the whole body for a long time like a day, the practitioner will feel tired or fatigued. Then because of this symptom, s/he will meditate more thinking it will improve the condition. What usually happens is that the more s/he meditates, the worse it gets. Why? Because there's more congestion, especially if a person is eating meat and meditating heavily. S/ he will become even more congested"

I'm hoping some more advanced folks will weigh in because the above seems like it could be right...

Hi K :)

I was checking out the book you mentioned. Is it this one? For over $500.00 ? !!

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Dangers-Meditation-And-Yoga/dp/0971767637

And yes, I agree. One should first develop the third eye (brow chakra). And the proper method to awaken kundalini is by first opening the crown, bringing the light down and then opening the root. That way, Shiva is already visible and Kundalini will know where to go. (metaphorically speaking). If you develop the bottom three chakras first, which deal more with the 'human' characteristics, like the physical world, creativity/sexuality and will without first engaging and developing the heart, throat and third eye, one stands the dangers of becoming too entrenched in the desire realm.

It is also interesting that in Dzogchen/Bon, the idea exists that we are clear light and that this clear light manifests as colored light, as the five elements. Yellow is earth or solidity, Green is air or wind, Blue is water or fluidity, Red is fire/heat and White is space. These colored lights combine to create the world that we manifest. And, it is interesting that these colors are pastels.

As well, on another note, the chakras are all white light in the center. I see that. It is only at the outer edges of the swirling trumpets that there is some color that is produced. And, there is no concordance for the different chakras' colors across disciplines. According to Paramhansa Yoganada Yogi, the root chakra is yellow, not red. When I look at it, the root chakra looks like a golden yellow mini pyramid, with four dark red petals on the outside. New Age teachings took the rainbow and moved up the colors the spectrum. I've seen that the heart can be golden too, not green. But mostly, it's a structure of white light.

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Thanks for the feed back, I actually have used crystals for a while. The reds were Jasper, Ruby, Goldstone, and Garnet. I've had them for a while and have salted and cleared them many times. I believe the difference was not in the fact that I used crystals, but that I used Red ones. I have worked on all the chakras with crystals but in the past I predominately used black stones for the root chakra, as you mentioned. This was the first time I used just red and nothing else.

The reason I dedided to use red as opposed to the black that I usually use for the root chakra is mainly a desire to increase my energy level, as I had been feeling unmotivated and lethargic lately. So I guess my question is more about the root chakra itself as opposed to the method of working on it.

Hi DMattWads :)

I never said to use black on the root. I said to put the black crystals below the feet to ground the energies. If you are doing a full body layout lying down, you put the black crystal(s) 3 or four inches from the bottoms of your feet. Black is used for grounding and also protection.

Most new age writings say that the root is red, but the root is at the perineum, not the bottom of the feet.

Small point, but I thought I'd mention it.

You sound like you have experience with cyrstals. Have you ever tried moldavite?

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Hi DMattWads :)

I never said to use black on the root. I said to put the black crystals below the feet to ground the energies. If you are doing a full body layout lying down, you put the black crystal(s) 3 or four inches from the bottoms of your feet. Black is used for grounding and also protection.

Most new age writings say that the root is red, but the root is at the perineum, not the bottom of the feet.

Small point, but I thought I'd mention it.

You sound like you have experience with cyrstals. Have you ever tried moldavite?

TI

I stand corrected, you did say to put black at the bottom of the feet ;-). I don't believe I have used moldavite before. I was reading your response to K about the lower chakras and the upper ones. In my case my reasons for wanting to add emphasis to my root is because I feel that my upper chakras are doing alright, but that I am not very well rooted in physical reality (I'm top heavy). People at my school told me they thought I was stoned all the time (which I'm not) and I do admit to being somewhat spacy. So I want to be more down to earth. Up until recently my answer to that was to use dark stones like Obsidian and Hematite but I found this to be too grounding and not enough energizing. So I wound up feeling less spacy but sluggish.

In the half week or so that I've been using red stones I've had some interesting experiences for sure, but I'm beginning to feel a little more interest in reality and a bit more energized (so far).

Hi T_I!

Wow, pricey! No, I paid about 40$ used for it. Geez. But you're right about the top-down approach being advocated, however it depends on a person's nature and tendencies to begin with. The text also mentioned the 'thoughtless' issue leading to the 'dementia' type stuff Manitou was describing. It can get fixed by not doing the blank-mind meditations.

DMatt, the 'spacey meditator' thing got a mention in the book too. And now I feel half-assed about suggesting people read stuff from a $500 book. So I'll type the anti-spacey recipe part out later.

At the same time, it sounds like you figured this thing out yourself:-)

Hi T_I! Wow, pricey! No, I paid about 40$ used for it. Geez. But you're right about the top-down approach being advocated, however it depends on a person's nature and tendencies to begin with. The text also mentioned the 'thoughtless' issue leading to the 'dementia' type stuff Manitou was describing. It can get fixed by not doing the blank-mind meditations. DMatt, the 'spacey meditator' thing got a mention in the book too. And now I feel half-assed about suggesting people read stuff from a $500 book. So I'll type the anti-spacey recipe part out later. At the same time, it sounds like you figured this thing out yourself:-)

That is interesting. I also found another book by the same name, by the same author Pe Del for $32.75.

This one was published in 2012. The expensive one was published in 2005.. So, I ordered the more recent one. (apparently the last copy in stock).

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Dangers-Meditation-Yoga-Del/dp/8179925668/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1

I was kind of looking forward to reading about the anti-spacey recipe part..

I wonder who Pe Del is..

Hmmm. Found him. He has a very compressed energy..

400 year old person? Tummo, fire in the belly..

Hmmm.. He has a book on the Third Eye. Had to order it from India!

http://www.masterdelpe.com/mdp/thirdeye.html

Interesting..

TI

It's always the last copy in stock;-)

Yeah, I have some reservations about this author because his pitch is a lot more 'in the world' and seems to be a lot 'of it' too. I get an 'Affluent Southern Asian' vibe from it. But I appreciated much of what he had to write. It wasn't too 'righteous'. Not least of all, the (to me anyway) understanding that lay people don't/can't meditate the same as monks and that they have social roles and lives and practice conditions that are pretty different so how do they work with that rather than against it?

I will type up the spacey meditator thing soon:-)

Hi DMatWads :)

If you are going to play with crystals, better learn more about them before you do.

For one, if you do any crystal work, always put a black stone (obsidian, black tourmaline, jet etc) at your feet or below your body to ground the energy. Learn as much as you can about crystals before using them. Learn how to care for them, clear them, charge them, which ones to put in the sun, and which ones not to. Hint: you can use salt to clear crystals, or running water, or sunshine, or, if you are an adept, you can even give them a blast yourself..

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but, did you clear and charge the "red rock" before you used it?

What if it had an entity attached from the previous owner?

The symptoms you describe are the result of using crystals improperly, in my opinion. The red would have opened your root chakra, but what did you do with that? Did you close it after? Did you ground it?

Case in point: One time, as an experiment, I did a full-body layout using only emeralds.. I put an emerald at the feet, at the crown, on each chakra and one in each hand. The session felt like I was encased in a space of green heart love, very protective, exactly like a cocoon. It also felt very heady and spacey, like I was completely detached from the body, like I had become the space inside the cocoon.

But, after the session, it was very disorienting. I felt like I was walking above the ground and it took a whole day/night to get back to normal.

Crystals are very powerful and you have to show them some respect by learning about them, reading about them and even knowing how to pick them before you use them. For one, learn their names and their properties. A red rock could be jasper, ruby, or garnet. Each crystal has it's own hardness and signature vibration. Each crystal has properties that will either filter, amplify or subdue certain types of vibrations.. Some crystals, like amethyst, are very powerful for opening the third eye. White quartz is an all-round utility knife. It can cut like a laser, project like a laser and retain it's vibrations a very long time.

My purpose here is not to become your instuctor, I'm just saying...

I have several good books on crystals and some bad ones as well.. What I do is compare what each book says about the particular crystal and find the common ground, because, quite frankly, many of the books out there seem to just be making it all up. You have to check out the crystal yourself. First step, put it in your left palm and sense it's energies. See how it affects you. Do you like it? Does it make something vibrate? Does it make you feel comfortable? Is it friendly or malicious? Does it make your palm go numb? Get the idea?

Good luck.

TI

I agree with this assessment of Crystal use - I would go further - you can really do some harm very easily with crystals - it can take a very long time to recover from. Most of the people that sell them have an energetic signature that looks very much the same as a "speed freak".

Also - the use of Red as a vibration for energizing oneself would be very disorienting and pretty much the wrong vibration to work with. For the most part, I would suggest that instead of utilizing any color for an intense cleansing or change - think of what the vibration should 'mean"

and it will automatically be the color you are looking for.

Very few experts have even a clue what colors mean - it is practically wholly incorrect to attach a meaning to a color.

• Like 2

From 'Hidden Dangers of Meditation and Yoga"

"Spacey Meditator Syndrome or Yogic Syndrome

Many yogis and meditators suffer from this, but they take it for granted because they think it is normal to be on cloud nine after you meditate. This is desirable for people who are in the Himalayan caves or Indian yoga centers, called ashrams, or for contemplative nuns and lamas in religious monasteries. But this is not good for professionals, executives and parents like most of you who need to go back to work and make sure that you are not spacey or out of body when you drive, which can cause an accident!
The reasons for spaciness are:

Most yogis and meditators practice abstraction meditation, which withdraws the consciousness from the physical senses to inner consciousness. Thus one gets out of body or is spiritually withdrawn. If this is done daily for an extended period of time, one becomes a permanent space cadet.
Meditators and healers who are always using their heart and crown centers and less of their lower centers, especially the base-of-spine chakra are susceptible to lightheadedness and being spaced out. Bhakti yoga and devotional-type practitioners who always connect with and tune in to their guru or spiritual idol are always abstracted by the very high frequency aura of the teacher. This state feels great, and they prefer to be in that condition rather than face real world situations and going back to work. Excessive abstraction meditation (if done daily) may also result in impracticality, financial depletion and difficulty or indifference to material life because of the devitalization and imbalance of the base-of-spine chakra.
Yoga and meditation employ body postures, breathing techniques, body locks, hand sealing mudras and finger gestures that almost always facilitate the upward flow of energy to bring it up to the Soul and upper chakras. These are:
Index finger-thumb mudra (gyana mudra)
Most asanas and meditation postures like lotus, semi-lotus, adept posture etc - anything that reverses the soles of the feet to face upward
Throat lock and abdominal compression upward lock
Many breathing techniques that hyperventilate the body
Sacred mantrams that increase the vibration of the energy bodies when done excessively and daily, which tends to make the meditator spaced out.

4.Practitioners who have small lower centers, especially the base of spine chakra, and a small Earth connection to ground prana through the soles of the feet chakras
Too much fasting and lack of protein and minerals in your diet

The side effects of being spacey are:
It can cause accidents and clumsiness
Forgetfulness and inability to focus
Disorientation and indecisiveness
Financial and material troubles caused by not being able to connect to material life’s responsibilities and work
Lack of speed in finishing goals and projects
Inability to express correctly and communicate properly
Unconscious escape from real-life situations, like not solving existing problems and abnegating solutions to others
Loss of appetite in many forms: eating, sex, money etc, leading to impracticality

Solutions for Spacey Meditator or Yogic Syndrome
Do many deep squats daily or at least 25-35 times, especially after meditation. This will ground you more. It also activates your base-of-spine centers, anja, navel and sex chakras.
Stomp your feet repeatedly 20-30 times against the ground. Barefoot on soil is better to absorb ground or Earth prana and to establish more of a connection to the physical Earth. Jogging in place is also a good thing to do after meditation, not only to ground, but also for energy circulation
Body squeeze: stand straight and inhale to half your lung capacity. Squeeze your entire body for 5-10 seconds then slowly release your breath. Concentrate on the soles of your feet as you exhale slowly. PRECAUTION: Pregnant women and people with hypertension, heart ailments, glaucoma, bleeding problems, cancer and hernia should not do this. Consult your physician first
Get an advanced healer to activate your base-of-spine center to be slightly bigger than the crown chakra.
Go for more gym work with more muscle building
Take a karate or chigong class to increase your physical skills and concentration. Choose good teachers who are not violent
Go for more protein and minerals, especially if you’re a vegetarian who does yogic fasting
Meditate without closing your eyes by using the half closed eyes method. Stop abstraction or yogic meditation or any spacey type practices until the abnormal conditions are adjusted
Consult a holistic healthcare provider and a good physician and psychologist if you have access to these systems
Stop using the index finger-thumb mudra (gyana mudra) and yogic postures that reverse your feet to face upward. These positions withdraw your material roots further and bring most of the meditation energy upward
Change your hand mudra to the middle finger-thumb mudra
Communicate with grounded people and go back to setting your goals and prioritizing your urgent-important activities. Lessen meditation and yoga time in the meantime. Go back to work with deliberate intention. Push against the spacey habits that are already becoming yogic syndrome

Excessively materialistic people need to swing to the more spiritual practices practices that will give them balance, and the very spacey mystical and spiritual types of people need to swing back to the material side to be in the center. The key is moderation and balance.
For meditators and yogis who are close to physical death, it is excellent to be in the yogic syndrome mode. But for younger people and growing professionals and executives who still have a lot to offer to physical and social life, you are needed to make a big difference in the material world. Bring your light back to the workplace."

• Like 2

You can also imagine Earthforce energy coming up through the soles of your feet from the center of the earth or at least 100 ft down.

You can draw it up into your first chakra and have it mix with the cosmic energy coming down through your crown, down the meridians along the spine and into the first chakra.

Only bring up two % of the earth energy up the front channels and have it continue up and out the crown with about half bifurcating out the arms from the 4th chakra.

The other 98% of the earth energy can descend back down to the center of the earth directly from your first chakra.

This will eliminate the spacy problem.

It is a great way to meditate in an overall balanced way. Sitting in a chair or in any good meditation posture.

It should be noted that a good portion of meditators will go off the deep end - just as many as those who have a drinking problem or any other addictive bent.

If it is approached with just a small amount of study and caution - those with addictive personalities can actually cultivate their way out of addictions and the addictive bent entirely.

Given the lack of knowledge regarding metaphysics in general in the west - we often jump in like a person on vacation - we want it all in a short time - we want the good stuff NOW.

High vibration spacy meditation practice makes us feel like we are getting somewhere - and it has all the dangers mentioned above by -K- .

The practice (of meditation, yoga, breathing etc) by and of itself lends us to a higher vibration even if we are practicing lower chakra meditations. Energy movement should include all of the chakras most of the time - specialized meditation is typically not focused on for at least 2 years (though I am not one to advocate timelines).

It is extremely helpful to have a good teacher and group. Even the relatively large number of well respected but poor teachers are still very helpful in the beginning for helping students to practice the basics.

From 'Hidden Dangers of Meditation and Yoga"

"Spacey Meditator Syndrome or Yogic Syndrome

Many yogis and meditators suffer from this, but they take it for granted because they think it is normal to be on cloud nine after you meditate. This is desirable for people who are in the Himalayan caves or Indian yoga centers, called ashrams, or for contemplative nuns and lamas in religious monasteries. But this is not good for professionals, executives and parents like most of you who need to go back to work and make sure that you are not spacey or out of body when you drive, which can cause an accident!

The reasons for spaciness are:

Most yogis and meditators practice abstraction meditation, which withdraws the consciousness from the physical senses to inner consciousness. Thus one gets out of body or is spiritually withdrawn. If this is done daily for an extended period of time, one becomes a permanent space cadet.

Meditators and healers who are always using their heart and crown centers and less of their lower centers, especially the base-of-spine chakra are susceptible to lightheadedness and being spaced out. Bhakti yoga and devotional-type practitioners who always connect with and tune in to their guru or spiritual idol are always abstracted by the very high frequency aura of the teacher. This state feels great, and they prefer to be in that condition rather than face real world situations and going back to work. Excessive abstraction meditation (if done daily) may also result in impracticality, financial depletion and difficulty or indifference to material life because of the devitalization and imbalance of the base-of-spine chakra.

Yoga and meditation employ body postures, breathing techniques, body locks, hand sealing mudras and finger gestures that almost always facilitate the upward flow of energy to bring it up to the Soul and upper chakras. These are:

Index finger-thumb mudra (gyana mudra)

Most asanas and meditation postures like lotus, semi-lotus, adept posture etc - anything that reverses the soles of the feet to face upward

Throat lock and abdominal compression upward lock

Many breathing techniques that hyperventilate the body

Sacred mantrams that increase the vibration of the energy bodies when done excessively and daily, which tends to make the meditator spaced out.

4.Practitioners who have small lower centers, especially the base of spine chakra, and a small Earth connection to ground prana through the soles of the feet chakras

Too much fasting and lack of protein and minerals in your diet

The side effects of being spacey are:

It can cause accidents and clumsiness

Forgetfulness and inability to focus

Disorientation and indecisiveness

Financial and material troubles caused by not being able to connect to material life’s responsibilities and work

Lack of speed in finishing goals and projects

Inability to express correctly and communicate properly

Unconscious escape from real-life situations, like not solving existing problems and abnegating solutions to others

Loss of appetite in many forms: eating, sex, money etc, leading to impracticality

Solutions for Spacey Meditator or Yogic Syndrome

Do many deep squats daily or at least 25-35 times, especially after meditation. This will ground you more. It also activates your base-of-spine centers, anja, navel and sex chakras.

Stomp your feet repeatedly 20-30 times against the ground. Barefoot on soil is better to absorb ground or Earth prana and to establish more of a connection to the physical Earth. Jogging in place is also a good thing to do after meditation, not only to ground, but also for energy circulation

Body squeeze: stand straight and inhale to half your lung capacity. Squeeze your entire body for 5-10 seconds then slowly release your breath. Concentrate on the soles of your feet as you exhale slowly. PRECAUTION: Pregnant women and people with hypertension, heart ailments, glaucoma, bleeding problems, cancer and hernia should not do this. Consult your physician first

Get an advanced healer to activate your base-of-spine center to be slightly bigger than the crown chakra.

Take a karate or chigong class to increase your physical skills and concentration. Choose good teachers who are not violent

Go for more protein and minerals, especially if you’re a vegetarian who does yogic fasting

Meditate without closing your eyes by using the half closed eyes method. Stop abstraction or yogic meditation or any spacey type practices until the abnormal conditions are adjusted

Consult a holistic healthcare provider and a good physician and psychologist if you have access to these systems

Stop using the index finger-thumb mudra (gyana mudra) and yogic postures that reverse your feet to face upward. These positions withdraw your material roots further and bring most of the meditation energy upward

Communicate with grounded people and go back to setting your goals and prioritizing your urgent-important activities. Lessen meditation and yoga time in the meantime. Go back to work with deliberate intention. Push against the spacey habits that are already becoming yogic syndrome

Excessively materialistic people need to swing to the more spiritual practices practices that will give them balance, and the very spacey mystical and spiritual types of people need to swing back to the material side to be in the center. The key is moderation and balance.

For meditators and yogis who are close to physical death, it is excellent to be in the yogic syndrome mode. But for younger people and growing professionals and executives who still have a lot to offer to physical and social life, you are needed to make a big difference in the material world. Bring your light back to the workplace."

Thank you for typing all of that. :)

It is interesting.

It reminds me of what Gurudeva said about the effects of 'listening to the sounds of ida and pingala':

The book called "Merging with Shiva" is now available as a free download!!

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/merging-with-siva

LESSON 263 from Merging with Siva

An Exercise in Energy Balance

Control of the prana is also guided through nutrition. Food and air

contain a great deal of prana. Prana is transferred from one person to

another, from a person to a plant, from a plant to a person. It is the

life of the world of form. We should eat types of food that contain a

great deal of prana so that we are making prana ourselves. Consider the

physical body as a temple, with plumbing and electricity. To maintain

this temple, watch what you eat and be conscious of the areas where

you flow awareness in the world of thought. The vibration of certain

thoughts upsets the nerve system of this physical-body temple. Also,

be careful of the people that you mix with, so that their awareness and

vibrations do not pull your awareness into unwholesome areas and the

vibrations of their aura do not affect your temple. This is extremely

important to observe, especially during the first few years of unfoldment.

When we are in ideal surroundings, in the shrine room of our own home,

we can balance the passive and active currents of the body--the ida

and pingala forces. First, do this simple pranayama. Breathe easily,

in and out, in an even rhythm, say, four heartbeats to the inhalation

and four heartbeats to the exhalation. This steady rhythm will soon

begin to balance the ida and pingala.

As the pingala force becomes quieted and regulated, you will hear

a ringing about an inch above the right ear. This is the sound of

the nerve current of the pingala nadi. And as the ida force becomes

quieted and regulated, you will hear a ringing about an inch above the

left ear. This is the nerve sound of the ida nadi, slightly different

from the tone of the pingala nadi. The direction of energy flow in the

pingala nadi is up, whereas the ida nadi flows downward. When the energy

in the two nadis is balanced, a circle is formed, creating a force field

in which the sushumna nadi is regulated.

Now, to bring the sushumna force into power, listen to both tones

simultaneously. It may take you about five minutes to hear both tones at

the same time. Next, follow both tonal vibrations from the ears into the

center of the cranium, where they will meet and blend into a slightly

different sound, as two notes, say, a "C" and an "E," blend into a

chord. The energy of the nadis is then flowing in a circle, and you will

enter the golden yellow light of the sushumna current. Play with this

light and bask in its radiance, for in it is your bloom. The unfoldment

progresses from a golden yellow to a clear white light. Should you see a

blue light, know that you are in the pingala current. If you see a pink

light, that is the color of the ida. Just disregard them and seek for

the white light in the tone of the combined currents until finally you do

not hear the tone anymore and you burst into the clear white light. Thus

you enter savikalpa samadhi--samadhi with seed, or consciousness, which

is the culmination of this particular practice of contemplation.

After doing this for a period of time, you will find that you lose

interest in the exterior world. It will seem transparent and unreal to

you. When this happens, you have to learn to bring your consciousness

back through meditation, deliberately into the processes of inner knowing

and thought, and back into the exterior world through concentration. It

requires a deliberate concentration then to make the exterior world seem

real again to you.

I have spent many years with lost interest for the outside world.. It is kind of like sleepwalking or feeling drugged. The days kind of float by and nothing really affects you too greatly.. Hmmm...

TI

• Like 2

Well, this is an interesting thread. I guess we are all different. I just can't see how the use of the crystals with different colors can activate your chakras or various energy points. Strangely, I can complete the microcosmic orbit but the color of the light is always white/bluish. Also, even with my first kundalini energy rising when I was 18, the color was also white/blueish.

It should be noted that a good portion of meditators will go off the deep end - just as many as those who have a drinking problem or any other addictive bent.

If it is approached with just a small amount of study and caution - those with addictive personalities can actually cultivate their way out of addictions and the addictive bent entirely.

Given the lack of knowledge regarding metaphysics in general in the west - we often jump in like a person on vacation - we want it all in a short time - we want the good stuff NOW.

High vibration spacy meditation practice makes us feel like we are getting somewhere - and it has all the dangers mentioned above by -K- .

The practice (of meditation, yoga, breathing etc) by and of itself lends us to a higher vibration even if we are practicing lower chakra meditations. Energy movement should include all of the chakras most of the time - specialized meditation is typically not focused on for at least 2 years (though I am not one to advocate timelines).

It is extremely helpful to have a good teacher and group. Even the relatively large number of well respected but poor teachers are still very helpful in the beginning for helping students to practice the basics.

Hi Spotless,

In another post you said that you once helped a man pass over to the other side by burning the dark energy left by a poor relationship between the man and his daughter "Patricia". You said you broke the straw and burnt it (or something like that).

What I was going to ask is this.

What effect do you think that doing that had on your karma?

Perhaps the man wished to be free of the karma, and perhaps you asked him permission to resolve this issue, but what about Patricia? Did you ask her for permission to take on her karma? Do you think that you might have seriously altered their future lives or realizations by doing what you did?

There are so many writings that I've read, like from Nisaragadatta, who think that healing someone is interfering with their karma. And, I'm at a loss. I really want to heal everyone but at the same time, perhaps the suffering is actually helping them to let go. Perhaps if they don't bear the brunt of the their karma, it only comes back twice as strong in the next life?

Any opinions on this? I'm sure every healer has the same thoughts..

TI

Hi Spotless,

In another post you said that you once helped a man pass over to the other side by burning the dark energy left by a poor relationship between the man and his daughter "Patricia". You said you broke the straw and burnt it (or something like that).

What I was going to ask is this.

What effect do you think that doing that had on your karma?

Perhaps the man wished to be free of the karma, and perhaps you asked him permission to resolve this issue, but what about Patricia? Did you ask her for permission to take on her karma? Do you think that you might have seriously altered their future lives or realizations by doing what you did?

There are so many writings that I've read, like from Nisaragadatta, who think that healing someone is interfering with their karma. And, I'm at a loss. I really want to heal everyone but at the same time, perhaps the suffering is actually helping them to let go. Perhaps if they don't bear the brunt of the their karma, it only comes back twice as strong in the next life?

Any opinions on this? I'm sure every healer has the same thoughts..

TI

Thank you for your previous post and then this Great question from above!

I did not burn the straw or break it. (they did)

I said hello to Patricia as spirit and I said hello to my friends father as spirit - I pointed to the straw containing their combined agreements and energies and said "these are your agreements that you have completed and ones you may or may not wish to continue with - and contained in this is also your intertwined energy" (this was all postulated within a split second) whatever you would like to bring to an end now and complete - shall now be broken and Patricia - your energy will go back to you in neutrality and affinity. And to the Father - your energy will go back to you in neutrality and affinity.

Now - each take hold of the straw and break those contracts that you wish to complete here and now - and see the flame as this energy is brought back into the universe in neutrality.

I do not do healing without permission and I do not rearrange things without permission.

I am able to talk to a spirit with a body - most of the time the healing has to do with just saying hello to the person as a spirit.

It brings them into present time and out of the hold of the moment - what they are identified with.

It can also break up all sorts of Guide relationships and release a whole set of contracts - instantaneously.

I recently was talking with a women whose mother I have worked on - it was obvious the women was looking for someone more sympathetic - I was sympathetic - but in reality her mother is doing just fine - she just happens to be having some physical difficulties and she is taking care of those just fine as well.

Prior to working on someone I look at them and see where in my space I have matching stuck energy (similar stuck patterns or knots). I then work on them right then and there. Then I look at any past lives we have had together and old contracts we may have remaining - I bring those into the present. I look at various things in the persons space to see how it affects me to look at those things. If looking creates a buzz in parts of my space i address that and work to be in a neutral space in relation to those energies that were having an effect on me.

It takes about an hour to ready myself on this level if I am not already meditating. So before I work on the person or look at them clairvoyantly - I have already gotten far more out the reading/healing than they will. Physically they will be unaware of most of the work I do - though I generally talk to them about what is taking place within a framework that they can hear.

As I am talking to them and or working on them a light show of sorts takes place and new energies reveal themselves or full pictures emerge.I can put them in touch with their Akashic records, move beings out of their space (if they want), open pathways, help them blow through a blockage and much much more.

At this point most of what i do is very fast and most of what I just wrote above takes place in seconds though it is very precise.

At the close of these encounters I withdraw and check to see if I left any of my energy in their space or if theirs is in mine.

I also remove attention points from concerned friends from my space and mine from theirs. I "end any contracts" I do not want with them and check my space for anything that may have lit up.

I don't use my energy when healing - i bring in cosmic energy and alter it as needed.

It is effortless and of no strain what so ever. The last time I did work like this I was surprised at how tremendous the energy flow was - the women I was working on took on a huge amount of energy - far more than I had ever seen before - but it was nothing to me other than completely amazing to watch :)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Regarding colors - specifically white:

Most of the translations are incorrect - white is not the white we see - it is typically clear.

The colors are generally crystalline (in a healthy person) and beautiful.

You will see whites in Qi gong where it has been condensed - it will often have a bluish white fringe.

You will see whites in physical emergency situations but it is a vibration of "stop and don't die until we get you to a doctor"

You will see it in kids from parents and teachers - it says "don't" it is protective.

In the higher realms it is clear, clearish with a pearl essence - a faint whiteness or a knowing of whiteness.

The vibration of Gold is much closer in our imagination to what is said to be white than our notion of white.

In a very high vibration individual you will find little to no "white" as we think of it (not true in Qi Gong Masters).

Golds, and an assortment of gem colors in liquid crystalline form will intermix and interlace like a magnetic field with currents.

• Like 2

My motive in the first place was to be less spacey and more effective in the real world. Suggestions?

• Like 1

I'll type the ones from the book up this weekend. But Spotless and T_I had some good ones. If I recall DMatt, you were more into higher chakra meditations? So the idea would be to balance out the rest.

Some people on the TTB's often also suggest just stopping meditation for a while. Getting back into very mundane things.

Oh yeah. I did type them up already. Duh;-)

"Solutions for Spacey Meditator or Yogic Syndrome

Communicate with grounded people and go back to setting your goals and prioritizing your urgent-important activities. Lessen meditation and yoga time in the meantime. Go back to work with deliberate intention. Push against the spacey habits that are already becoming yogic syndrome"

Interesting that you mention this experience of "knowing" a color. I had his strong "knowing" of a luminous golden hue of another the other week. Didn't SEE it, just "knew" it. And I believe the knowing may have been translated by my brain into a subtle vision of this golden hue. Any additional info you could add, Spotless?

Hi Rainbowvein, :)

I'll just jump in here.

You will find the golden light the closer you get to the center of the feeling of you. It is more in the center of the head if your normal consciousness has not collapsed down into the heart.

Also, when you gain access to the finer and finer levels of subtle mind, it is very hard to distinguish between watching and knowing. The knowing is luminous on a very subtle level. The watching is knowing.

If you ever do a meditation where you try to continually turn your attention 180 degrees around in order to become aware of the 'you' that is watching or observing, and you persist, you will pass through a state that is consistent and easily recognizable as the golden light.

TI

One of the most clairvoyant teachers I have ever known divulged to me at one time - long into our friendship - that he did not see anything - he saw only blackness when he closed his eyes. He "saw" everything through "Knowing".

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1