Hello to all!

I have been meditating for about 40 yrs.

My third eye opened many years ago and I can offer comments on all of the tag lines that I have included in this topic.

Currently I have taken up Qi Gong

I am not well versed within this discipline though I can feel and follow fine movement within me and without.

When I was 15yrs old my lower dan tien became very active one day and an intense warmth moved throughout my body - I was literally steaming (on a ski slope) with this hot ball inside me just below the navel and in a bit. This happened again when I was about 36 yrs old during a difficult breakup with my girlfriend.

Recently I was creating Qi Gong exercises for myself before I knew they existed as Qi Gong - what a wonderful teaching it is!

I appreciate practical discussion

( since the original post I have studied with a Qi Gong and Kung Fu Grand Master 4-6 days a week in addition to personal practice)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

What led up to the opening of my third eye was not in anyway forced.

I spent several years reading, practicing meditation, yoga, inverting, fasting, breathing, vegetarian - all with one focus:

stilling my mind, learning the practice. Any forcing was considered by me then and now both dangerous and off the path.

My meditation was always from the center of my head - I mention this because often meditation is more unconscious than it might be.

I became involved with a Gurdgieff / Ouspensky school as well - later - about 8 months before the event.

The opening took place in a most unexpected place and time, I say unexpected place and time because I frequently meditated for hours but this is not where it took place: I was about 22 yrs old.

I had actually come to the conclusion that week that while all of my efforts had been done with due dilligence, and the fruits had been great, that I was not moving forward in any real way that I had on some levels expected given the effort and patience.

Then - having decided to move on from this work - I attended one last lecture - it was from a spriitual teacher. The group agreement was one of self remembering and close observance. I was standing there when suddenly my entire face felt like it was being pressured from a large magnet. My cheeks and nose and forehead all were being pushed upon - nothing I had read or been taught gave me any notion of what was happening.

I asked a senior student if I could have a word with him and we went into another room - in there I experienced telepathy for the first time as well - the senior student was unable to offer much help - but he did pinpoint that it might be my third eye or 6th chakra. It was a great day!

Regarding other things leading up to this event:

Within meditation - a tension at times in the center of the head and slightly forward. a tunnel in a sense with the sides moving by. a vibration of a ball of light in the middle forhead.

(I started to include other things but they came later)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 11

Spotless,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. They are my favorite read! 6th chakra practice is part of what I do as well. Though i'm no where as empowered in that area as you.

Here are some useful tools for seeing as well as general meditation.

Counting from 100 to 0 and from 0 to 100 simultaneously during meditation.

Several things happen when doing his - for one thing it is pretty much impossible to think while you are doing this.

You will also generally see the count in front of you - one scaling down and the other scaling up - meeting at 50-50.

As you practice this more the process can become like a mantra somewhat but it tends to require focus.

Close your eyes and magine your favorite food - or car - or place - something you have an affinity for.

If you have been having a problem with seeing or you think you have a problem seeing things - imagining things, this exercise can often show you very clearly that you have no problem seeing things at all - (and for some of you poor souls - you will suddenly become hungry, want to buy a car and go on a trip :)

During your waking state with eyes open

Concentrate on being aware of your widest peripheral vision areas as well as all that is in between.

If you move your awarenss from normal to wide you may also notice it affects your hearing.

This practice will affect your focus - not just visually but your thoughts and mindset.

You will notice energy entering the eyes and your energy will be considerably more in your head and space than out in front of you.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

Energy dissipation is one of the biggest factors holding one back from spiritual progress.

Diet is probably the worst culprit - a huge subject and one i am not going into here.

Regarding sugar drinks, coffee and booze - please note - as you dive into spiritual practice your energy will shoot through the roof - at least some of the time. It is at percisely those times that sugar drinks, coffee, alchohol and festive eating tend to come into play as a way of dissipating these energy fuctuations. Meditation or physical practice - even just walking is a better companion to these highs.

The quiet in your life will also increase and stimulants may be a way of hanging on to previous patterns.

Loneliness may also increase and depressants such as alcohol may not be helpful.

Another can be actual chemical imbalances or toxicity problems and they should not be overlooked - mercury levels, lead levels and inherited issues should be at least peripherally examined. As an example - it is not uncommon for a young person to be found to have very high mercury levels - particularly women. Eating tuna is cheap and lean and high in mercury.

Now - changing the above problems are generally very simple things to do and there is no need to become worried about your spiritual asperations on account of food problems - the wide swath that is afforded in most countries these day for eating healthy makes this simple - but do take it into account - if you are young as so many seekers are - you may well eat with abandon and not understand that you are training for the olympics.

• Like 6

Diet - again!

Our diet consists of many things but what is often not considered diet is all the higher foods we take in. We actually consume more air in actual weight each day than we do the weight of our entire intake of solid food and water. Some 18,000 gallons of air each day.

Consider what you take in through your eyes each day - on a day in the mountains you can easily take in 1000s of cubic miles.

Consider also what type of media you eat each day - ?

Imagine the gigantic number of sound waves impinging upon you in just one minute!

Now - stop a second and think - what is your analyzer broadcasting all day to the rest of your space? Your "analyzer" is roughly located just forward of the center of your head and perhaps one day I will find out what it is called in Tibet, China, Japan and elsewhere but sometimes when you are meditating you can see it - it is whitish and looks like popcorn while its popping. This is the loudspeaker - the one that runs tapes over and over - analyzing, computing, jotting down your story line, judging, framing and often joining forces with any part of the body that wants to identify along with the current rant - even the subtle rants - the worst rants - those that are so habituated that they are part of the floor and walls.

You have all this food coming into your space as well as what you broadcast within your space - spending some time to choose a bit more wisely might be in line with what a seeker would want to do.

Our diet is considerable and timing is as important as quality and amount.

You will spent about 1/3 of your life sleeping - what you take within your system in the hours just before your sleep will effect your entire nights sleep. Crime novels might not be a very good idea. Going over your to-do list - not so good either. Making a mental note of all the things that you did not get done during the day - what is the point? You can accomplish an enourmous amount during sleep - or you can waste that 1/3 of your life by preloading your sleep with attention points that divert you. During sleep you can take in a considerable amount of cosmic energy and you can learn to be aware as well. In other words - you can add about 1/3 of your life to your practice and you will also sleep better.

Eating food and drink before going to bed is simply hard on your body and disruptive to your sleep. You should not eat any semblance of a meal for at least 2 hours before going to bed. If you find this difficult to do - you will generally find that the culprit is your analyzer and you are "self-medicating" in order to knock yourself out with carbs.

During meditation you take in more and more cosmic energy - this is also true to a much lesser extent during sleep. This energy naturally cleans and clears your space. The more cosmic energy your diet includes, the more you will find yourself unfolding and natural. Take the buzz out of your diet - apply your diet with discretion and when you find yourself in effort - notice it and do not identify with it. If your mind says you will die if you do not have that ice cream before bed - look it squarely in the eye and say "OK - let me see you die - tonight we are going to set aside the ice-cream and watch you die - go ahead - anytime - we are waiting - we will give you a beautiful funeral - rainbows and flowers and singing - it will be a magnificent death"

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 9

If you practice sleep meditation then the amount of cosmic energy is much much higher than typical sleep - even if you are just a beginner in this type of practice.

Not only because you are practicing in your sleep, but because you are aware of preparing for sleep and sleep practice.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

During meditation you take in more and more cosmic energy - this is also true to a much lesser extent during sleep. This energy naturally cleans and clears your space. The more cosmic energy your diet includes, the more you will find yourself unfolding and natural. Take the buzz out of your diet - apply your diet with discretion and when you find yourself in effort - notice it and do not identify with it. If your mind says you will die if you do not have that ice cream before bed - look it squarely in the eye and say "OK - let me see you die - tonight we are going to set aside the ice-cream and watch you die - go ahead - anytime - we are waiting - we will give you a beautiful funeral - rainbows and flowers and singing - it will be a magnificent death"

Removed per spotless request.

Edited by hydrogen

Wow, I thought the world only has few people like "us." :) Mine happened (kundalini energy rising) when I was 18. After waking up from a dream, dream of my past life (at least one of them). I am in my late 30s.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 3

You wish me death just because I want a taste of ice cream? What kind of God is this? I object to this design.

Not under my watch.

I've telling everybody that I want a simple uncomplicated spiritual life. Then I plan death, funeral, flower, singing and my "superpower" sign rainbows. It's not enough. I don't specify the time. So I get the added bonus of not knowing. How exciting! All this is for a lick of ice cream? Am I the biggest drama queen out there? Kim K got nothing on me. I should be a reality star. I bed time thoughts put those so called reality starts' tantrum into shame.

Can we have something less dramatic and less pain?

You wish me death just because I want a taste of ice cream? What kind of God is this? I object to this design.

Not under my watch.

I've telling everybody that I want a simple uncomplicated spiritual life. Then I plan death, funeral, flower, singing and my "superpower" sign rainbows. It's not enough. I don't specify the time. So I get the added bonus of not knowing. How exciting! All this is for a lick of ice cream? Am I the biggest drama queen out there? Kim K got nothing on me. I should be a reality star. I bed time thoughts put those so called reality starts' tantrum into shame.

Can we have something less dramatic and less pain?

I think you my want to reread my post and then remove yours - really - reread my post - it is about calling the false personalities (ego's) bluff.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Guest pix58

I think I must be the weird one here as I, like my daughter, was born this way, and for me it has always been part of my life, though I must admit that when I was a child I just wanted all these things that happened to me to go away and it all totally scared me, all I wanted to be was to be like everyone else.

I saw, heard and spoke to spirits, knew things, sensed things etc and had past life memories my parents while not judgmental thank god but really didn't know how to handle this side of me, so I was on my own as this was the 1950's.

Thankfully my later search for answers (in my teens) took me on my spiritual search which after many many years led me to a Chi Master..(though I didn't know it at the time!). Now everything makes so much sense to me and all the pieces of the jig-saw have come together, but in saying this there is so much I'm still discovering on this journey and am still finding my purpose/s on my path.

Opening the third eye is just the beginning and a totally wonderful thing.

Edited by pix58

Color meditations:

If you are looking for ways to expand your clairvoyance - practice the following:

Imagine a color/vibration in front of you while you are in meditation - perhaps 6" to 12" in front of your forehead.

As you see the color or postulate a vibration - notice what lights up in your space.

Where do you feel tension, excitement etc.

With the color still in front of you, breath into those areas you are feeling and allow the reactionary energies to become neutral. Stay with these areas until they are no longer in tension with the color.

If you are out and about in the world - and you are practicing - or in general - when you look at something that creates a judgment - particularly a negative one - stay with it and breath into it - release the tension and the reactionary energies.

It is easier to see a much wider spectrum with a more neutral lens.

We are all almost 100% robotic - you would be surprised at just how little difference there is between a "good" and a "bad" action. This illusion we live is far more of an illusion than we surmise it to be. Don't get stuck in trying to

figure it all out - just learn to see and become neutral to what you are seeing. This is not indifference - indifference is much more of a trance thing - Neutrality is a place of no inertia - or as near to it as you cultivate it.

If you come to some conclusion that this or that color means this or that - understand that you are "stuck" in some grasping.

No color has a specific meaning - they must all be taken in context. Don't limit yourself to your ego's assumption of your progress - it will always take credit for your progress and try to write a book, Don't go on a labeling spree - as you find neutrality in the colors and vibrations you will soon learn to begin to trust glimpses of futures and the knowing that will emerge."

• Like 7

Postulating a vibration rather than a color:

You can imagine the color red

You can imagine the color / vibration of "my favorite camping area"

or

the color / vibration of "my mother"

If you just look at a color - say Red - you may already have preconceptions about that color and so you are not looking at the color / vibration of RED - you are looking at the conception vibration of the color red that you have.

If you look at Hate - you may see a color variety of RED

And if you look at "Change" you may also see a color variety of RED

If you look at "the color just after change" you may see a RED/Green or an Orange Green or just Green.

If you look at "food poisoning" you may see a Green

If you look at a Race such as Caucasian you may not only see a color but at some point you may hear a vibration as well.

In all of this - work on neutrality

• Like 4

Hey spotless had a question for you since you offered. Once you open you 3rd eye do all visualization techniques as a method become obsolete....given that you can "see" now? Thanks for being so open with your knowledge and experiences.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Hey spotless had a question for you since you offered. Once you open you 3rd eye do all visualization techniques as a method become obsolete....given that you can "see" now? Thanks for being so open with your knowledge and experiences.

My 2 cents, Peace

No - they do not become obsolete - particularly in the beginning.

becoming neutral for instance by doing some of the above exercises - the longer you practice this the less you become your egos interpretation of things - the less you are looking through your identified lenses.

The idea that once you have opened your 3rd eye - you see all as it is - is complete nonsense.

Until you are a realized human being, each ability expands within your proclivities, beliefs, walls and habituations.

Until then if you come to some "great wisdom" conclusion, you have become stuck.

Unless it happens to be that you are becoming aware of the fact that you know nothing.

At which point real work begins on leaving your story, dropping your story - dropping your causes - your inertia.

• Like 3

Regarding "Visualization Techniques"

In the beginning they are visualization techniques - as you progress they are seeing techniques.

You come to understand that what was kinda sorta real was actually very real - soon you will come to understand thoughtforms - which is fairly advanced but these are the building blocks and not the after effect.

Conceptually this is not so advanced - but the concept is far from the realities.

At the present time their is an unfortunate proliferation of spiritual materialism - people learning to manifest - no tragic story here but it becomes this passe thing that trivializes the ability to the material. It is also moving some subtly into majik and that is a very sad and long detour.

• Like 5

Hello to all - !

It would be nice to see this thread thriving again

Ok. Can you see others or get a feel for them from their posts?

Ok. Can you see others or get a feel for them from their posts?

Yes

I can see them quite clearly if I wish to.

I do not do readings and I do not do "prove it", and for the most part I do not pry into someone's privacy - it is trespassing.

People show themselves pretty openly and what is put out in the open is for anyone to see if they have developed these abilities.

I am interested in becoming awakened - this was and will continuously be my never ending activity.

Remote viewing is easily done, speaking to a persons spirit is also not difficult - you just need the play space to work on your abilities. This work is best done in groups - most spiritual work is best done in groups - it is hard to hide in a group. You will always know if it is the right group for you and you will always know when to leave if that should come to pass.

Outside of a group it is easy to pontificate and promote your story - within a group your ignorance and bad habits will surface and if you are truly on the path then these gifts will help you to see yourself and yourself in others.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

What do you consider speaking to someone's spirit? If the person is not conscious of the discussion, how do you know that it is actually their spirit (and not some other spirit or entity)?

Thanks,

Jeff