Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

DEATH

I saw Chia's new DVD out on reprogramming emotions... over the years he had many various docs and healers come who he learned from. I got a huge enegy from this teaching.

On death, he said that in tao, essentialy:

When we are sad about somone's death it pulls them down to earth. In the opposite, they rest in peace...

Thought that was some real valueble wisdom, thanks.

true words. Thanks for Yoda's transcription on croaking.

I believe that total absent of grief and sadness of those left behind could disturb a just departed soul much more than crying and despair.

Maybe it even depends on cultural expectations... in some places excessive mourning is just part of the production and lack of it would unbalance the whole affair.

I would never hold back my emotions towards a person who died and whom I loved or cherished.

affenbrot

Perhaps Chia is referring to EXCESSIVE sadness...or perhaps a sadness/grief that becomes unhealthy for the person grieving and energetically this can create problems for the dearly departed?

Interesting though...

Keep it light and solemly-cheerful balance the emotions as yr able... for their last few days let them know they are loved and will be missed but don't be glum of morose or act like their leaving is some personal show of rejection etc... Let them go in peace and harmonious meloncholy. All parting is sweet sorrow.

Then have yr catharsis- Get drunk, say a prayer, beat a pot or bang a drum, sing a song and say goodbye. If you're blessed with visitations don't cling, bid the departed a joyous new begining...Offer them food and drink for their voyage.

Then try to remember the good times and not hold any grudges.

The Tibetan Book of the dead has a lot of advise -But I haven't read it in many years... The basic was not to upset the dieing. Let them go in peace.

I believe that total absent of grief and sadness of those left behind could disturb a just departed soul much more than crying and despair.

Maybe it even depends on cultural expectations... in some places excessive mourning is just part of the production and lack of it would unbalance the whole affair.

Well, of course, if you`re next to a dying person, and on the outside it seems like you don`t care or look happy or something it might upset them. Every culture has some kind of ritual or something for the dead. I don`t think there`s anything wrong with that. But clinging to someone for a long time after his death isn`t good for you (maybe for the deceased also).

But what do I know, I haven`t died and lived to tell the tale yet. :)

I would never hold back my emotions towards a person who died and whom I loved or cherished.

There`s a difference between holding back and having some belief or understanding because of which you are not so emotional when someone dies.

Holding back of course is not good.

Anyway, if I`m lucky, I`ll spent the final week of my life completely alone. ;)

I`ll spent the final week of my life completely alone.

I agree... croaking is like taking a dump.

But then again, if you can't lose the paparazzi at least know that you are doing the whippersnappers a great service.

Strangely it gets down to a belief in ghosts. The tibetan book of the dead and orthodox Judiasm have some convergence on this point. Both see the spirits of the dead as hanging around, often in a state of confusion. Still tied to there physical body. The mourners job is to soothe and calm them. Show them love and let them go.

Michael

I agree... croaking is like taking a dump.

But then again, if you can't lose the paparazzi at least know that you are doing the whippersnappers a great service.

Lol, not really what I meant.

And I have no idea what you`re saying here. What are "whippersnappers"?

Both see the spirits of the dead as hanging around, often in a state of confusion. Still tied to there physical body.

I think that this state is supposed to last around three days. During that time, everyone who dies, doesn`t really realize that they`re dead. So a dog still thinks he`s a dog, and a human still thinks he`s a human. But after that, they lose the attachment to the body or something like that, and become more like a mental body or something. And then there is no difference anymore between the dog and the human.

Speaking of ghosts I credit Ron Jeremy for this statement. How is your practice going to help you once you're dead?

I think dream practice is invaluable for the 'practice of death'. Being conscious of who and what we are at all times. I consider hell a made up idea, brought on to scare us into a faithfulness. A hungry ghost after life is possible I guess. I've got the locations of a few nice water fall picked out. I figure I'll hang out there, bathe in the waters, soak up the sun, feel the living earth and continue to practice.

Maybe fear of death, is more the enemy then death itself. I think its so important not to die scared, lonely or in terror. Or clinging to your possessions, body, past or present, or hardest of all you're loved ones.

Michael

Speaking of ghosts I credit Ron Jeremy for this statement. How is your practice going to help you once you're dead?

I think dream practice is invaluable for the 'practice of death'. Being conscious of who and what we are at all times.

Yup. Falling asleep is something similar to dying. And, right now, if I judge by that, it doesn`t look so good. :lol:

I consider hell a made up idea, brought on to scare us into a faithfulness. A hungry ghost after life is possible I guess. I've got the locations of a few nice water fall picked out. I figure I'll hang out there, bathe in the waters, soak up the sun, feel the living earth and continue to practice.

I assume you`re joking, because if you become a hungry ghost, practice will be the last thing on your mind, and enjoying? Ha, sure, if you find infinite craving and desire and not being able to get anything (and if you do get something it will cause you infinite suffering), enjoying...

I think it`s possible that there is a hell realm. Just maybe not so much in the way Christianity has it. There definately exists hell in human condition.

Maybe fear of death, is more the enemy then death itself. I think its so important not to die scared, lonely or in terror. Or clinging to your possessions, body, past or present, or hardest of all you're loved ones.

Yes, I agree. I don`t know, who said it, but it went something like, what your last though will be, that`s where you go to after death or that`s what you become in your next life. Something like that.

While at the bookstore the other day, I saw a copy of "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master" by the late Dr. Glenn Morris............Which of course reminded me of his passing last April................I realise his passing was discussed on another thread at that time and I'm still in a bit of shock from it............From what I understand, he had a heart attack and was still a fairly young man........................Does anyone know if it was a congenital condition or was it something that happened without warning?...............I know we all have to go and when your number's up, it's up...............and sometimes it seems to me anyway, that doing all these practices for health and longevity doesn't really matter.

Top-fan,

SeanD says on good authority that taoist practitioners die at normal ages. So do the longevity gurus (Walford, Bragg). Then again, Jack Lalanne and Peter Kelder are still going strong around 100.

Imo, when one gets to a threshold point of chronic boredom or frustration one goes no matter how old or healthy. We are sort of like the lemmings of popular mythology... we go when our friends and family are gone. I know a woman who is 98 and is in good health and is completely bored with her life. All her pals are gone and her one child who she lives near to just doesn't keep her amused. She says she's had a very nice life, but it's time to move on. I bet if she had more enthusiasm she could keep going for many more years.

I think it's a fun project to shoot for 100 in perfect health, so that's my goal. Living longer I think is good for amassing mundane and cosmic knowledge.

Pero,

Whippersnappers is just a funny term for young people.

~~~

Misc thought: I think the reason we don't bring memories of past lives with us is that it would be too emotionally confusing to see that an ex-mate is now a parent for instance. I know one little girl who remembers that she was her mother's mother which makes the current mother's job more challenging. I've always been in love with a cousin of mine and I think it was because we'd been happily married in a recent past life. That's not too challenging, but what if I had that awareness with my mom? I'm sure we've all had romantic relations with our parents in our past lives and that would make running a household way too complicated... 51% of women and 49% of men are single in the US today and these numbers are rising... if we had past life awareness we'd be 100% single. Having a family would be too much work! :)

Only gurus who gain emotional detachment can allow past life memories to come back to them.

Re ghosts: I think that ghosts are like vibrational turds. Sort of like energy body corpses that dissipate with time depending often on how strong the energy body was at the time of death (highly emotional deaths leave smellier turds). No biggie. It's just that when seers tune into grandma's ghost, they are seeing the old personality of her. In her last days she was likely bored or frustrated hence the 'hungry ghost' thing is commonly seen. Not her current reality. Grandma has moved on and is probably playing with a coloring book right now with 100% happy disregard towards her past habits, past body, past relations etc.

-Yoda

Pero - Yes, I agree. I don`t know, who said it, but it went something like, what your last though will be, that`s where you go to after death or that`s what you become in your next life. Something like that.

With this in mind ... I can't friggin' wait!! :D I got so many great ideas boiling up at this very moment!!

Yup. Falling asleep is something similar to dying. And, right now, if I judge by that, it doesn`t look so good. :lol:

I assume you`re joking, because if you become a hungry ghost, practice will be the last thing on your mind, and enjoying? Ha, sure, if you find infinite craving and desire and not being able to get anything (and if you do get something it will cause you infinite suffering), enjoying...

I think it`s possible that there is a hell realm. Just maybe not so much in the way Christianity has it. There definately exists hell in human condition.

Yes, I agree. I don`t know, who said it, but it went something like, what your last though will be, that`s where you go to after death or that`s what you become in your next life. Something like that.

I read his last book "Quantum Crawfish for the Clueless". It seemed like all of the turmoil down in Louisiana took a very heavy toll on him.

I read his last book "Quantum Crawfish for the Clueless". It seemed like all of the turmoil down in Louisiana took a very heavy toll on him.

Hmmm, toll on who? What last book? Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

I don`t get it. :huh:

Chang Tzu's wife died. When Hui Tzu went to conveyhis condolences, he found Chuang Tzu sitting with his legs sprawled out, pounding on a tub and singing. "You lived with her she brought up your children and grew old," said Hui Tzu. "It should be enough simply not to weep at her death. But pounding on a tub and singing -- this is going too far, isn't it?"

Chuang Tzu said, "You're wrong. When she first died, do you think I didn't grieve like anyone else? But I looked back to her beginning and the time before she was born. Not only the time before she was born , but the time before she had a body. Not only the time before she had a body, but the time before she had a spirit. In the midst of the jumble of wonder and mystery a change took place and she had a spirit. Another change and she had a body. Another change and she was born. Now there's been another change and she's dead. It's just like the progression of the four seasons, spring, summer, fall, winter.

"Now she's going to lie down peacefully in a vast room. If I were to follow her after her bawling and sobbing, it would show that I don't understand anything about fate, so I stopped."

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Here's another one;

Confucius' wife died and he and the mourners gave a very impressive demonstration of grief at the ceramony. Afterward, on the way home with his entourage, Confucious stopped to play with some children. "How can you play with children on the very same day your wife has been sent to the beyond? Is it not our custom to mourn one's wife for a year?" The master said, "At the temple, with the mourners I did what was appropriate at the time, now with these children, I again do what is appropriate at the time."

I've noticed that husbands who kill their wives have an easier time moving on. :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

Sign in to follow this