Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

the FASTEST way to ground ?

Hi peeps,

I have refrained from ejaculating for the last few days because I have been mapping out the parts of my body, trying to see what happens when I send heat to different areas and charting their effects. It seems like the longer I go without ejaculating, the more heat there is, and the easier it is to send heat to any particular area. Like last night I was actually able to generate a very hot swirling-tornado feeling at the base of my neck with minimal effort. If I ejaculate I can only generate a vague warmth there.

Unforunately, I have found that it is waaaaaaay easier to send heat upwards toward the head than back down. Even minor, unrelated things like reading a book or getting enraged from being stuck in traffic sends heat to my head, leading to excess symptoms like insomnia and twitching, as well as deficient libido (presumably from "theft" of heat "energy" away from the sexual organs). These effects are magnified the longer I go without ejaculating.

Now I am able to recover if I ejaculate, but my investigations are still ongoing and I'm already a week into it, so I don't want to have to start over from the beginning. So I am asking, what is the quickest and most efficient way of grounding heat energy besides ejaculation??? I know about things like eating heavy meals, exercising, walking, spending time outdoors, etc, but they are slow as fuck. It takes only an instant of heavy mental concentration to bring heat up, but bringing it back down takes so much longer using those methods. I have also been trying to send it downward directly via what you guys call the microcosmic orbit, although I do only the front portion, starting at the top of the head and going down to the perineum, and never from the perineum back up to the top of the head (so it's a one way and not a real orbit). I'm actually quite good at it now, and I can feel a continuous downward flowing river of heat. But no matter how much heat I send downward, if I start at the top again there is yet more heat to send down again. How is it getting back up there so quickly? Is it being passively pumped up the back without my consent?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Edited by mike 134

But no matter how much heat I send downward, if I start at the top again there is yet more heat to send down again. How is it getting back up there so quickly? Is it being passively pumped up the back without my consent?

Basically yes, if you are alive it's always flowing, to varing degrees. So it's more like an electrical "circut" than a pipe that goes down with a "seperate" pipe that goes up.

Really quick

- if you usually run a 45 min+ of jogging (i.e you want to get in "the zone" do not do this if you don't already run)

- go for a swim in the ocean

I have also been trying to send it downward directly via what you guys call the microcosmic orbit, although I do only the front portion, starting at the top of the head and going down to the perineum, and never from the perineum back up to the top of the head (so it's a one way and not a real orbit). I'm actually quite good at it now, and I can feel a continuous downward flowing river of heat. But no matter how much heat I send downward

There is a big difference between half MCO and a full MCO.

A cooking instruction says to bake a turkey at 350 for 4 hours. If you only bake for 2 hours, you'll get uncooked meat.

And if you fully or half cook the turkey, but don't eat it or correctly store it (or throw it out) ...

i.e. if you are gathering energy you need to be also doing something with it.

• Like 1

Where awareness goes energy flows. Meditate on your lower dantien or circulate the energy in some other fashion.

My 2 cents, Peace

i put the tip of my tongue facing up touching the little bump behind and in between my two front teeth and do belly breathing/LDT focus while i let thoughts come and go without attaching to them. Also your chin is not tucked, but normal, facing straight ahead. Your gaze is 45 degree angle down at the floor in front of you as opposed to 90 degrees looking straight ahead.

Go for a walk, preferably barefoot on some grass or something. Rocks works but its a less gentle energetic pull and more of a "i need this energy lowered NOW" type deal

i also eat meat when i need to kill off some firey head energy and drop sugar entirely.

Make your showers only lukewarm, then finish with as cold as the water will go and don't tense up and suck your stomach in but just relax and belly breathe. Let the icey cold water run down your back and feel it going down along your spine.

if i think if anything else i'll let ya know

Thanks for the responses. Some of you mentioned the MCO. I forgot to mention that I do the back also, but instead of up I do down. So I start from the top of the head and go down the back (instead of up), ending in the perineum. This is in addition to starting from the top of the head and going down from the front. I never ever send anything upward to the head. But regardless it doesn't really work very well, and when I start from the top there is always more and more heat I have to send down again.

I find that the most complete way to "ground" is to do nothing for a few days. No heavy exertion, either mentally or physically. Basically sit on my ass and watch football on the telly. But it takes forever. I'm looking for a fast switch that I can just turn on and off. It turns on with frightening ease. I remember over the weekend when somebody cut me off in traffic. I had an instant surge of road rage. And it took a fraction of a second for heat to literally shoot into my head. A fraction of a second!!! But sending it back down, well, exercising, walking, eating meat, etc, those things take some time to do, and its never complete.

I think that walking barefoot works because it forces attention to the soles of the feet, sending heat there. I don't do that anymore. Instead, I just heat up my feet directly, I''m pretty sure it does the same thing. Jumping also seems to be a quick fix (I think it acts on the same principle), but again it's not complete. So as of right now the only thing that I have found to be 100% effective is a few days of inaction, which is simply too slow for my liking.

I hope this whole thing won't take too long, but I already have some interesting results. I had a very strange "dream within a dream" last night... perhaps it had something to do with me sending all that heat to my neck???

Edited by mike 134

I'm looking for a fast switch that I can just turn on and off. It turns on with frightening ease. I remember over the weekend when somebody cut me off in traffic. I had an instant surge of road rage. And it took a fraction of a second for heat to literally shoot into my head. A fraction of a second!!! But sending it back down, well, exercising, walking, eating meat, etc, those things take some time to do, and its never complete.

I think that walking barefoot works because it forces attention to the soles of the feet, sending heat there. I don't do that anymore. Instead, I just heat up my feet directly, I''m pretty sure it does the same thing.

With practice you can ground/earth instantly. The feet is more of a "marcocosmic orbit" (for whatever “names” are worth, although it's worth noting these are named orbits/circles/circuits rather than "one direction")

but drop (release/direct/intend) the energy “through” your feet, i.e. out of you into the earth. Being barefoot helps this occur naturally but it’s not essential (neither is actually touching the earth with your feet)

Doing that is much faster that the other options I mentioned (post 7)

edit to add that Jumping is like Shaking and there is quite a history of traditional "shaking medicine"

Edited by Mal Stainkey

I think there is lots of good advice in this board already, and i think you must be pretty good at meditation anyhow because it sounds like you've got a good idea of whats going on and what is working and what isn't.

I have some suggestions of my own that i've found to work.

I think the main trap you are falling into is that you are trying to use the heat to get rid of the heat. It's a bit like trying to use the mind to get rid of the mind in meditaiton, it doesn't really work too well. To get rid of the heat and get grounded you need to IGNORE the heat, and concentrate on the physical body and sensations. Smells, sounds, feelings. Not feelings of chi or energy but feelings of touch on your skin, or even your organs (if you can feel them), but not their energy, their physical presence. Their weight, let them hang down and when you can feel gravity lightly causing your meat to hang off of your bones, or your organs feel heavy, you feel grounded instantly. Become aware of and concentrate on the physical that is the real trick.

The reason why you can feel the heat so well and it comes on so quick is because you have practiced so many hours working with it. Now practice feeling the physical, the yin and then you will be able to do that just as well.

Then practice them both together, the energy within the grounded body. But don't rush on to this, get that heavy feeling working just as well as you have got your energy working. It is equally enjoyable as playing with energy, just give it chance :)

Food? Potato works good for me. Even chips, i know they're fatty but they taste good and work! Fruit juice / vege juice too that cools you down lots.

Do you drink much alcohol? That heats up my liver and causes heat to rise. I take some herbs sometimes because it combats it but it just lets you practice being more yang when that isn't the answer. The reason to do qigong is to get the effect of the herbs without having any herbs.

The wearing no shoes thing is good too.

But honestly i think all these things are just pussy footing around when you can correct it from the root. You are meditating after all so you should be going deeper and fixing it from the root.

Simply put, don't go playing with energy all day, filling your head and all your thoughts with the energy, the yang, the insubstantial, concentrate more on the substantial, the body, the yin. Of course if you spend all your concentration on the yang you will become yang and out of balance. Everything in balance :)

• Like 1

With practice you can ground/earth instantly.

yeah that's what I'm looking for. Instant heat up + instant grounding = good. instant heat up + slow grounding = sucks.

z00se I think you overesimate my competence lol, I'm basically a 1 trick pony who is only good at sending heat here and there. I have no other skills whatsoever. Yeah I do try to ignore it but most of the time its difficult because it is always there esp in my chest it feels like a generator thats turned on an spewing out heat 24/7.

I'm actually wondering if in my case if my chest is actually the base and source of the heat/energy/whatever. They say it comes from the bottom in the perineum or lower abdomen, but if that were the case it would be much easier to turn on the lower areas than the higher ones. For me, sending heat just a single step up to the neck area is much easier than sending heat a step down to the solar plexus. I also read somewhere that with 'kundalini syndrome' once it goes past the heart it stays there instead of returning to the perineum. Dunno if this is the case.

Am I blocked somewhere? I have continuous downward flow in the front, so I would think not??

i think the best thing you can do for yourself is STOP WORRYING. stop labeling yourself as having blockages or having this or that syndrome and just forget about it entirely. This is some of the best advice you will get, and others have already told it to you. If you can become good at not caring about it, then you will be better at lowering faster and faster. In my experience there is nothing that just instantly lowers, it comes from relaxation and you have to work at that.

i have had this EXACT same problem you are having, and i wouldn't listen to this simple advice because i was too gung ho about my omg secret awesome yoga practices that i wanted to solve everything forcefully, by mySELF. Let go of the self that wants to solve these problems, and the physical and emotional sensations that make up the problems and you are golden. i really hope you listen to this advice, because it is more important than any technique i have found regarding the subject of lowering and none of those techniques are really going to work unless you can get better at this one.

Complete mental focus on something else. The energy will still be there but you wont notice.

Someone who knows what they're talking about!

Someone who knows what they're talking about!

sometimes focusing at all will raise for me, even when i am completely focused on something external. to really lower sometimes i need to stop focusing

sometimes focusing at all will raise for me, even when i am completely focused on something external. to really lower sometimes i need to stop focusing

Me too. Actually, when I meant focus, I meant "be completely engaged" in some other thought or state. This would include, for example having a bucket of cold water thrown on you, so that you would at that moment absolutely forget the energies discomfort and be focused on the water sensations. Similar, show a candy to a crying baby and make a face, and poof its laughing. Can you reproduce this type of state changing focus at will? It involves focus and release, disengage and re-engage. Hallucination and will. Change from one trance to another trance.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this