Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

increasing energy by inducing blockages?

Hi,

I noticed that most techniques are supposed to clear out blockages and let 'energy' flow. My question is, are there any reverse methods out there, to deliberately induce a blockage somewhere? My rationale is that if you block something, then the heat that is before the block will get much stronger because there is no outlet, just like how kinking a water hose drastically increases the water pressure proximal to the block.

I am interested in using this method to map out every subtle point of my body and chart the physiological effects from the stimulation of each area. For instance, if I want to find out the function of the back of my neck (corresponding to what you might refer to as the back part of the neck chakra), I can simply place a block slightly above it, and allow a massive quantitiy of heat to gather there. This will allow me to easily observe its effects. At present, I can send heat wherever without using any special methods, but not the amount of heat that I am looking for.

BTW, can spinning a chakra counter-clockwise block it off? Thanks guys.

Hatha yoga. Physically twist your body somewhere, and release.

Your theory is correct about blocking and clearing, if you can do it with your mind, then all the better.

What you are proposing depends on your sensitivity to the energies and everyone is different, so dont expect anyone to understand or believe what you are talking about if you make any interesting discoveries that are not the same as common chakra or TCM models.

I've not come across anything along those lines in what QiGong literature I've read. That's mainly about promoting flow, but why not have a go and see if it works for you?

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

It is definitely possible to induce blocks. Some gurus in India do this to slow development of the energy body in some of their students. I have seen the result once, but i am not familiar with the technique.

Best, Jeff

if you can do it with your mind, then all the better.

How do you do this with your mind? If I focus somewhere all I do is create heat there, not block it off. Can I try spinning an area counter-clockwise? Would that work?

Physically twist your body somewhere, and release.

I think you are right about this. When I sleep on my back and passively flex my neck by resting on a pillow beneath my head, my neck tends to spasm, a sure sign of blockage there. But if I sleep on my side then it gets better.

the chin towards chest neck posture closes off the front channel i believe. i think that's why it is used for pranayama with the goal being kundalini. For me the front channel is downward flow, so if you are trying to get nothing but forceful upward flow it makes sense.

don't you have kundalini issues though? i would focus on gently opening. that's just me though, i'm not you

it is really easy to experiment and learn all new sorts of ways of screwing yourself up, i would know because i have done it. tread lightly.

Probably don't think it is very intelligent to create blockages in ones own body. Knowing the body internally on an experiental level in my understanding takes years of practice. Its said that eventually one learns to see inside of one's body. Patience is a virtue.

My 2 cents, Peace

It sounds as though you are equating energy with a form of metaphysical fuel, that exists independetly of your body. Your body, and the processes that occur within your body, is the energy.

How do you do this with your mind? If I focus somewhere all I do is create heat there, not block it off. Can I try spinning an area counter-clockwise? Would that work?

I think you are right about this. When I sleep on my back and passively flex my neck by resting on a pillow beneath my head, my neck tends to spasm, a sure sign of blockage there. But if I sleep on my side then it gets better.

You can do this in your mind by vividly imagining the phsyical twisting or blocking up like a rubber band, or mimicking a yoga pose in the mind. Coupled with "tense" emotions, and "relaxed" "peace" emotions will create a greater force. I dont do the physical part, only the emotional bit and let the unleashed energies go where they naturally want. It would be interesting to practice stopping up energy flows temporarily with your mind, just to gain that extra power.

A bum once mentioned someone assisting to stop his/her k awakening. I don't know if you refer to a similar 'technique.'

Could be similar. The family guru of a friend of mine put the block on and stated that she was developing too fast. She did not ask for the block.

For me the front channel is downward flow, so if you are trying to get nothing but forceful upward flow it makes sense. don't you have kundalini issues though? i would focus on gently opening. that's just me though, i'm not you

yeah thats a good point. Assuming that it goes up the back and down the front, it would perhaps be best to close off the point right above the back of the neck. That way areas 1-5 are stimulated (through the back parts of the respective 'chakras', but the head is unaffected, so you don't have nasty psychiatric symptoms. In contrast, blocking the front of the neck is a very stupid thing to do, and is sure to land unsuspecting experimenters a trip to the psyc hospital lol

How about simply extending the neck, like looking up toward the sky? Would that work? Also there is the question of areas not along the spine, like the spleen on the left side, or the minor chakras in the limbs. I wonder how these can be manipulated and blocked?

Hm. Would be interested to know more. Maybe her mental/emotional state was too fragile?

Hard to say. Her perspective was that it was more about the family guru trying to exercise control/power. I have seen a few who were called "guru" who did some pretty nasty (energy) things.

Best, Jeff

Sign in to follow this