Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

Perhaps its not the practice itself, but your own mental view about practices in general, which needs to be tweaked so that a more neutral approach could be assumed. Then the practice would not carry any problematic outcomes -- when it does not get you 'high', then, naturally, the cause for 'crashing' is negated altogether?

Just a thought.

I think breaks are absolutely necessary.. and frankly, the active embrace of the rest cycle is one of the hardest things for me to do.

... *but*, interspersing periods of activity/growth with periods of rest/gathering is exactly what happens in nature.

best.

balance.

• Like 3

Practice definitely brought depression up for me (or 'uncovered' it, whichever you prefer) so I had (have) to address that as part of it.

There are documented stages of 'dark night' related to practice. I took some heart in that, but I still had (have) to work with what I've got. My choice has been therapy and some amount of 'being normal' (hahaha).

This too shall pass. Be kind to yourself.

• Like 3

Didn't you just do a fast? Your system may have a lot of released toxins floating around that haven't been excreted yet.

• Like 2

hmmm just sharing some thoughts here. From my perspective maybe you can relate etc.

I dont know what is happening to me, Im finding sleep very difficult, and doing spontaneous movements im just pulling sick qi out of my heart wildly, the last few days feel like my ego has died and keep thinking about living a long life etc which is in some ways kind of purifying but at the same time kind of depressing.

When you do a lot of practices or whatever and all the shit comes out of your heart, I think thats where it comes from. It probably needs to be transmuted to light otherwises all the opened up can of crap is just floating around your body and depression..I think

edit: I guess long life thing is a dream an illusion out of touch with reality

Edited by sinansencer

Also its weird was just laughing about something, changed my thoughts on something and playing with my dog (love) all that heart shit went away...hmm lol

• Like 1

Probably just detoxing. Have you had any kind of history of bipolar disorder or any kind of psychological disorder.....if so I would probably consult your teacher and ask if it is safe to continue.

My 2 cents, Peace

It's best to deal with your issues directly when you recognize them, rather than numb yourself from them (or open yourself further to them) with practices.

Also, it's traditional to only practice when feeling totally fine. If you feel depressed, your practice will become depressive...so don't submit your spirituality to that. Be well!

I always recommend the book in my signature...that's something to do at any time and will definitely help with cleaning up emotions and fixing issues.

Something else - cultivation of virtue never ends. Life is practice also. You might like this book for some contemplation as well.

Edited by turtle shell

It's best to deal with your issues directly when you recognize them, rather than numb yourself from them (or open yourself further to them) with practices.

Also, it's traditional to only practice when feeling totally fine. If you feel depressed, your practice will become depressive...so don't submit your spirituality to that. Be well!

I always recommend the book in my signature...that's something to do at any time and will definitely help with cleaning up emotions and fixing issues.

Something else - cultivation of virtue never ends. Life is practice also. You might like this book for some contemplation as well.

There is truth to that and I can see where your coming from in the second paragraph but in zen for example they sit through pain/discomfort and dont only cling to good states of mind/feeling, in some ways this is quite healthy imo.

Also I definately have practiced when feeling down and have felt much better afterwards..

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

i stopped praticing for a little while

What's a little while? There's nothing wrong with not practicing for a day or two, a week even if you're considering kl. On days off just do breathwork and reach a good state of stillness. Burn through that shit, it may be hard or a tough slog, but giving in to the feelings isnt going to benefit your practice, or you, really.

There is truth to that and I can see where your coming from in the second paragraph but in zen for example they sit through pain/discomfort and dont only cling to good states of mind/feeling, in some ways this is quite healthy imo.

Also I definately have practiced when feeling down and have felt much better afterwards..

Intent can be quite a deciding factor during the more challenging periods, dont you think so?

I find that it directs the outcome of practice all the time. Usually, my aim is not to get 'high' thru/in practice, but to reach an equanimous plateau of sorts (within), and then carry this result as i go about my work day, which can be very charged during busy periods, usually dinner time on weekends. Then, whatever happens around me does not 'stick', in the sense that i do not get displaced by the din, which means by this i would have eradicated the potentially distressing cause(s). Nipped in the bud, sort of way.

The great benefit is when one can bring this into all other areas and modes of daily activities. How this can be done is thru simple mindfulness practice, from my own experience.

• Like 2

In all honesty my normal practice I do stillness movement is just pure bliss, because unlike most people I just shake non stop, in some ways this is good, in other ways maybe I should ask michael a question lol

I am also sort of advising him to face his issues directly.

Each case is unique and some people should stop when it feels bad, but with others many will stop when the practice actually starts working because if its genuine practice it will dig up loads of stuff and take away lots of things you want to hold on to, which causes some people to run a mile when their blinkers are taken off. Its only due to circumstances that I'm personally trying to walk this path of spiritual struggle, in many ways I envy those who have absolutely no interest in it or calling towards it.

• Like 1

In all honesty my normal practice I do stillness movement is just pure bliss, because unlike most people I just shake non stop, in some ways this is good, in other ways maybe I should ask michael a question lol

This is ok, as long as the practice does not cause any dependency to occur. If it does, in the sense that you find yourself needing the practice in order to feel a particular way or to reach a particular space, then, imo, some reassessment may be helpful.

Im only making a generalized observation here, as i have absolutely no experience with S-M, although personally i do not find any affinity with energetic-based practices.

• Like 2

This is ok, as long as the practice does not cause any dependency to occur. If it does, in the sense that you find yourself needing the practice in order to feel a particular way or to reach a particular space, then, imo, some reassessment may be helpful.

Im only making a generalized observation here, as i have absolutely no experience with S-M, although personally i do not find any affinity with energetic-based practices.

If you don't mind, why no affinity/interest in energy practices?

Thanks, Jeff

(edit- wording change)

Edited by Jeff

. do i just do energy practice forever or else i come down and feel crappy? or do i eventually get to a point where its self sustaining?

I think so. Eventually one do qiqong by just breathing 24/7. And standing, walking, sitting, talking and sleeping can be practice as well.

I'm sorry about your depression. It's so damn hard to deal with. I'm sure you have the fortitude to overcome it.

May I suggest nose gazing? I just started it recently. I don't know the long term benefit. It can be done in any position and almost anywhere and anytime. When I'm too lazy to do anything. I lie on my back and do nose gazing. I feel better because i'm doing something to improve myself.

yeah i considered that too. its mostly emotional though. i feel emo/alone/noone likes me right now

i'll get over it though :rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling better soon buddy.

Sign in to follow this