Sign in to follow this  
Always Walking

I'm new here...hi!

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I've been interested/following in Dao for quite a while, and I am 16 now. The reason I put the "/" there is because often, people are following the principles of Daoism and don't even realize it.

I am homosexual, although not openly. Not in real life, anyway, since I have yet to work up the guts to tell my friends at school. In fact, I just came out to my parents less than 3 weeks ago. I'm just rather confused because Daoism emphasizes the natural flow of things, while homosexuality goes against the "natural" process of reproduction. It's something that's been on my mind for a while.

Anyway, let's not bog ourselves down with the unhappy stuff.

Advice, words of wisdom, anything would be appreciated to a newb such as me.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I've been interested/following in Dao for quite a while, and I am 16 now. The reason I put the "/" there is because often, people are following the principles of Daoism and don't even realize it.

I am homosexual, although not openly. Not in real life, anyway, since I have yet to work up the guts to tell my friends at school. In fact, I just came out to my parents less than 3 weeks ago. I'm just rather confused because Daoism emphasizes the natural flow of things, while homosexuality goes against the "natural" process of reproduction. It's something that's been on my mind for a while.

Anyway, let's not bog ourselves down with the unhappy stuff.

Advice, words of wisdom, anything would be appreciated to a newb such as me.

The natural flow for you is homosexuality - go with your flow.

There are plenty of examples of homosexuality in the animal queendom.

It is the natural flow of the universe not the unnatural flow of the church.

Don't worry about reproduction - the earth is overcrowded.

:D

I know that it's MY nature. I never had any doubt of this. It was just somewhat confusing because although homosexuality is present in the "greater Nature" (Other species, natural life, etc), it's a rather small minority. It's not exactly tormenting me, but it does nag me in the back of my skull every time I post something on Christian forums about Daoism.

mYTHmAKER - It is the natural flow of the universe not the unnatural flow of the church.

Don't worry about reproduction - the earth is overcrowded.

As usual, I find great enjoyment in your post.

These words of nature flow through you with a perfect balance of bluntness and eloquence.

Always Walking, welcome to a place that is not so judgemental (at least, if only for the sake of play at times).

I'd say that you have more patience than I do, (which does say a lot, if you were to know me well) with your efforts of still trying to communicate with those of Christianity running coursely through their veins.

I hope you find many things to ponder and help you along your way ...

-Michelle THTT

These words of nature flow through you with a perfect balance of bluntness and eloquence.

Gosh :rolleyes:

Welcome Always Walking!

Reproduction is only one function of sexual energy. A lot of Taoism is actually about channeling sexual energy away from the pull toward reproductive sex, so that's something to consider.

I concur! :)

Smile, LOL! :lol:

Sean

Sign in to follow this