林愛偉

Open Discussion in NY

Hi Everyone,

I am co hosting a small gathering this Saturday(see info below). It is basically a gathering requested to me by the head of this temple. I know this temple for many years, and have been there for sitting meditation (on my own). They are very welcoming and compassionate. Please read below, and if anyone is interested in coming down for an hour and a half, that would be great! It is free.. and there will be tea involved :lol:

Fan Yin Temple

At Fan Yin Temple located on 5601 Fort Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn,

we are hosting our first open English discussion group this Saturday,January 27th at 2pm.

It is an open discussion, which means one can ask any questions they have

about the cultivation school of Buddhism, and its role in our modern society.

It will be a great opportunity to let Buddhism take a face that fits for American society and culture, as well as to understand the cultural differences of Chinese Buddhism. We will begin to learn where American culture and Buddhism come together.

This group meeting will be the first of its kind in looking how Buddhism can adopt to the culture of America, as well as assist us at the temple in strengthening our understanding of what our society as a whole is wanting to move towards.

Such a gathering will not be the only one, for every week there will be full English spoken meetings which will help us strengthen our English speaking skills so as to reach out to those who are interested in the Buddha Teachings.

Topics can be any thing whatsoever, such as Discussing the differences between Buddhism, Daoism and other religious practices, Different Schools of Buddhism, Meditation: Chan (Zen), etc...

We hope you can make it! It will be an open discussion over fine tea.

Pleaseemail me to let us know you are coming:

Lin Ai Wei

[email protected]

Edited by 林愛偉

Thank you I shall try to get there. And shall phone or email in any case as soon as I know I can get into the city. I look forward to meeting with you soon. -Pat G.