Sign in to follow this  
October

How is your Tao?

The translation of Tao is way, path, method, the right way or similar. Finally, they are- and they remain only words! How is your Tao-way; what includes your wise way; on what (Asian) ​​views/philosophies you orientate yourself?

My main path is based on myths about Ninja, and Taoism is a part of it. The Ninja (if they existed!) Had no certain religion. They had different influences of Asian philosophies. Taoism had the most influence, others were Shinto and Buddhism, too.

That is exactly the way of life, what filled out me most! I have seen many different separate beliefs before. Because I thought it's only possible if I have a single world view. (For example, only Christ, only Buddhist, only Shinto, only paganism, etc.) But I did not feel comfortable with it! (With a single world view)

By happenstance (Although I think that happenstance not exists) I came to the Ninja topic, read historical theses and texts of experts/scientists. I found out, that this way of life (Like the entire Ninja-life is shown, with all practices and contents) is my fulfillment.

Of course not to apply it to anyone! ;-)

Just out of personal interest, and just because this entire style of life helps me to develop my spirit / mind.

Now I'm interested in what / how is your way; and your story why you are follow the Taoism.

Best wishes and thanks for answers!

October.

Edited by October

October....
Have you study or knowing the principles in the Tao Te Ching at all....???

"Now I'm interested in what / how is your way; and your story why you are follow the Taoism."

The basic fundamental principle of the Tao Te Ching is Wu Wei(無為), let Nature take its course; take no action to interfere with anything in anyway. Sometimes, it is hard to follow the principles of Tao but it can be done to a certain degree is being suffice. Unless, one wants to commit oneself as a true Taoist and found oneself in a secluded Taoist shrine up in the mountains.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hi,

the personal reasons why someone follows the Taoism, and at what point someone is just on his way. This is different for each person. And about these things I ask, based on your respective life. :-)

My experience is read and study is only one part. This one alone is not the way forward...

Best wishes,

October.

• Like 1

By reading and studying the principles of Tao, maybe added more to step forward to. No.....??? It is the first step forward, perhaps...!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

Now I'm interested in what / how is your Taoism.

Fine thanks, hows yours? :)

Actually mines quite bastardized. No regard or veneration for Taoist Pantheon, dislike of many taoists traditions like Fu's. I constantly mix it up with concepts from traditional Chinese element theory not to mention aspects of Zen Buddhism. Still its pretty good and serves me well.

Edited by thelerner

"My" Tao *Is*.

When asked "how are you?"
I respond the same:
"I am."

For the truth in the matter is that i do not know HOW i *am*, as i have answered literally.

However, i can tell you what i think i am feeling! :D

But now i am faced with a similar question with which there is no literal interpretation... The Tao isnt "mine".

Take all the gods and demons away ,

remove all chaotic events which defy cause and effect

and look both outward and inward

to see the flesh of what is

What is it that one finds -believes to be the world ( the 'self' included) ?

I find that which I cannot deny, yet do understand

and so me and my tao go together.

Thats 'why' - for me.

Sign in to follow this