Sign in to follow this  
SEEKER OF TRUTH

NIce place you have here

Hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been reading the posts here for a couple days and it sort of makes me feel good and reminds me of what I supposed to be doing or not doing.

I'm probably here, because of a book I read, twenty or so years ago, which I can't remember the name of, or who wrote it. I do remember the last page, that said; "that which you are seeking is causing you to seek, so by all means seek." I guess I was seeking the truth and probably still am, though I don't know if I knew that then. I had just gotten clean and sober, after just about drinking and drugging myself to death - my memory is pretty vague about those first couple years sober.

Anyway, that was about twenty-two years ago and ever since I've been looking here and there for that which moves me, in some sort of spiritual way. I think I wore out about three copies of Zen Mind Beginners Mind, reading it everyday for about ten years, then stumbled upon a copy of the Tao Te Ching, which I've been reading everyday for about ten years too and I am probably on my third copy of it too. I don't know if I understand it all, but it gives me peace and reminds me to quiet my mind.

I've been practicing Chi Quong for about fifteen years (learned it out of a book) I don't know if that is recommended, but it's served me well, so far, and probably kept me from being all stove up, with the type of work I've done during that time.

I guess that's more than enough out of me, so hello to everyone and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Edited by SEEKER OF TRUTH
  • Like 1

I'm probably here, because of a book I read, twenty or so years ago, which I can't remember the name of, or who wrote it. I do remember the last page, that said; "that which you are seeking is causing you to seek, so by all means seek."

Hi and welcome here! :-)

I searched in Google, the quote is from: "Cheri Huber" a Zen-Teacher. He has a book with the same title as the quote. The book is called: "That Which You Are Seeking Is Causing You to Seek" Perhaps you have read that?

I had just gotten clean and sober

My greatest respect for that!

I don't know if I understand it all, but it gives me peace and reminds me to quiet my mind.

I think it is not important, to understand everything immediately. I wish you a good time here, and a successful path!

Best wishes

October.

• Like 1

Hi October and thanks for the welcome. I'm not positive, but I think the book I read was a really old book, like from the 1940's or 50's.

Edited by SEEKER OF TRUTH

Sign in to follow this