Sign in to follow this  
Agni

Nei Kung?

Can someone give me a concise explanation as to what Nei Kung is? what the aim of this practice is? and how it works?

All the information I have found so far doesn't go into great detail. :huh:

namaste

Can someone give me a concise explanation as to what Nei Kung is? what the aim of this practice is? and how it works?

All the information I have found so far doesn't go into great detail. :huh:

namaste

You're not going to get any answers you're happy with. Some people have strict definitions that work in their paradigm. For the most part it's just a general term like 'kung fu'. Loosely translated, it's internal work. There are people like Chu in NYC who makes a living out of teaching a 'nei kung' form, so for that purpose, he needs to make it different than chi gong. But rather than making people write essays for ya, why don't you start with your understanding of what it means?

T

• Like 1

Well like I say I don't know much. All I have really learned is that it is a more internal form of chi kung, developing core energy and moving it outwards. I dont know anything at all about how this is done.

I downloaded a whole bunch of martial arts ebooks and I just found one in there called Mantak Chia - Chi Nei Tsang

Is this anything to do with Nei Kung practices?

Where can I learn more?

Well like I say I don't know much. All I have really learned is that it is a more internal form of chi kung, developing core energy and moving it outwards. I dont know anything at all about how this is done.

I downloaded a whole bunch of martial arts ebooks and I just found one in there called Mantak Chia - Chi Nei Tsang

Is this anything to do with Nei Kung practices?

Where can I learn more?

You just have to dive in like all of us and eventually you'll sort it out. Chi Nei Tsang is abdominal massage..

Nei generally means 'internal'. You'll run into people who insist Nei Kung is different than Chi Kung, etc, but like i said before, it's just a general term. Don't fuss over it because there is no definitive answer. Even Chi Kung is a relatively new term. Alot of us started via Mantak Chia..just jump in and enjoy the ride. Keep asking questions, but not so many that you don't practice and experiment :)

T

My understanding is that its internal cultivation.

Used for spiritual awakening, improving your martial arts etc. If you have done any QiGong then you will have an idea what neigung is.

WeiGung ? (cant remember the name for external practice, but think its like weiDan (external elixir))

Using mind and body to open the chi channels in preparation for neiGung. this restores normal chi flow improving your martial arts and health.

NeiGung (neiDan internal elixir)

When you have opened the chi channels and have replenished your chi, you can then transport it around your body for the purposes of your study. You want to have spiritual enlightenment, transport it to the brain. You want to have good martial arts, transport it to the bone and muscles.

This is achieved through sitting meditation as apposed to moving meditation (weiGung)

Thats what I remember? I think I might be a bit off on some names but the general principal is right. Meditation books by yang, Jwing ming are excellent for getting started on this path.

My practice envolves QiGong followed by Tai chi then Meditation. I try to do it daily and it is a great combination of mind, body, spirit cultivation.

Nei means inner so Nei Kung is more internal than Chi Kung. Nei Kung normally consists of entire holistic systems that contain large quantities of techniques and variations and takes many years to learn while Chi Kung is normally a much simpler set of exercises derived from a more extensive Nei Kung system and can be learned in a matter of hours, or minutes.. Nei Kung consists of moving Chi Kung type exercises but the breathing aspect is ignored (for good reason =), and it also includes a great variety of meditations, both sitting and standing. Nei Kung includes techniques which are generally unknown to Chi Kung experts. (someone above mentioned a Nei Kung form. If a person is trying to sell you a Nei Kung 'form' then they are either confused or lying. If it is a single form then it's Chi kung)

Chi Kung basically works one energy meridian at a time while Nei Kung works to energize your entire system and increases energy in a non specific manner so that healing is accomplished more by excess energy blasting through blockages on it's own rather than having the practitioner focussing on specific problems. Tai Chi falls under the classification of Nei Kung but most Nei Kung is rather different than Tai Chi, for example, since Tai Chi doesn't have any stretching.

That's what my limited experience tells me, and some of the info came from Frantzis, who I am beginning to worry about a little bit =)

Edited by Starjumper7

Chi Gung : General Term for Cultural Rythmic Breath Movement

Wei Dan : External Set : Circulate chi from the limbs inward : stillness in movement sets, forms, animals

Nei Dan : Internal Set : Circulate from the core : wu ji movement in stillness : 1-3 postures : universal post/etc

Real nei kung is about the fusion of both yin and yang energy, and utilize profoundly deep states of meditation to do so. There are 10 or less such schools remaining in existence on earth, mo pai is one of them. Everything else is a yang only system. I don't care who tells you different.

Neikung/neigong have become popular marketing buzzwords with the insane popularity of mo pai, you can expect a monthly neigong magazine, and neigong flavored Ben & Jerry's ice cream to be out on the market soon.

Everything is called neigong now, yet worldwide there are 10 or less schools that represent valid paths to fuse yin and yang energy which is the point of true neigong.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

longmen pai

Does anyone know of a system or meditation that cultivates yang chi into the dan tien and brings a similar result as the Mo Pai level one? If so please let me know. [email protected]

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I am not sure where MPG gets his statistics from and why he feels so confident about them. I am familiar with several systems of Nei Gong which I have heard or experienced to be quite effective (there are probably more than what I list):

1. Stillness Movement by Michael Lomax

2. Yigong by Jenny Lamb

However, I can't really say whether you're ever gonna be able to light stuff on fire or not. Neigong is meant for self-realization. Get a box of matches instead, rather than spending the thousands of hours in meditation if that's your goal.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I am not sure where MPG gets his statistics

“I know that there are for sure two and I can sense eight more."

The Magus of Java p93

Get a box of matches instead, rather than spending the thousands of hours in meditation if that's your goal.

Ending rebirth is the end goal of true schools of neigong.

Nei Kung(內功), internal method or practice, obviously it is the cultivation from the inside of the body. Building inner strength is to be accomplished by practicing the method.

Edited to add:
Now, the question is what can one do internally to cultivate the inner strength.....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this